Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #1  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

Default What do you do when you have a "fat day"?

i've lost almost 30 pounds, and in my head, i feel great about it. i know i'm a lot healthier, and i'm well on my way. but today i just feel...fat. and even though i know i should be focusing on the positive, and even though i'm now a size smaller, i just feel absolutely hideously....FAT.

what do you guys do to boost yourselves back up? it's not that i want to quit, i just feel blah, you know?
Old 05-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

It probably helps that I never wear make up or fuss with my hair.

If I am feeling like that, I take a long bath, read a mindless book, put on make up, fix my hair, and bust out nice clothes.

A little pampering goes a long way.

Either that or hit the gym for an hour of aerobic exercise, take a long hot shower, and you will always feel better. Exercise is more effective than drugs when you have the blahs.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #3  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

Pampering truly helps. I'll take a hot shower/bath, read a book, stay in bed and watch dvds...whatever I want. A lot of time on those types of days, I'll give in and eat something "bad" and just resolve to start fresh the next day. Luckily, I don't get them a lot so it doesn't hurt in the long run.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I agree with the pampering. On days I feel fat, I do the same thing. Then I find some nice clothes to wear that look good on me and it makes me feel better. Good luck and remember , we all have our fat days.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

I drink a lot of water , more than usual.. Then I look at before and after pics, and think of the food choices I made, compared to 4 months ago..
Old 05-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

I've been feeling the same way lately - completly fat. I spent 90 minutes trying to find something to wear for a party last night. I hardly have any clothes that fit since I'm STILL not at my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm going to another party next weekend, and although I do have new clothes for that event, I know a lot of people there will be thinner than me. I need to get out of this depressive slump! I have a full day of pampering before the party next weekend though, so hopefully I'll feel better!!
Old 05-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

Fat Day must have been in the air...I was sitting in Church this morning...thinking I look fat in this....I am the biggest person in the room..which I am not, but that's how I felt. The longer I sat there the worse I felt. I got up for communion thinking everyone is looking at me thinking she looks fat in that.....I prayed about it through the last of the service and made a promise to myself that next week I may not be all that much thinner or weigh alot less, but I will be stronger and 7 days further in my journey.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I think it is so easy to get down in the dumps and think everyone is staring. Of course, everyone is not staring, it is just our inner voice saying demeaning things to us.
For me it helps to get up and go walk or do something for one of my family or friends. Sometimes doing some yard work and seeing something accomplished helps me.
Good luck on getting rid of your fat day thoughts! Get yourself moving and doing something, that will help!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #9  
one step at a time

Try a manicure and pedicure--it's my favorite trick. I think that weight loss takes so much thinking about your body that you can get focused on the negative aspects. Whenever I felt that way I tried to do something that would make me feel pretty and wasn't weight-related: nails, styling your hair a little differently, new lipstick, etc. Oh, and for those desperate days: shoe shopping!
Closed Thread