General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink My Drs. Appt.

Well I have been under the weather, with the flu bug. But I did go and see my dr. not only for the flu bug, but to discuss weightloss. He agreed with me to stop TTC (Trying to Conceive) until I lose some weight. (For some info: I have PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome) and have been ttc for 6 yrs now. Hub and I have decided to take a break and attempt to lose weight and be healthy before ttc anymore. (our decisions, not the drs)
Anywho. I talked about me seriously wanting to lose weight on my own first for at least 6 mos. and see what happens. I also discussed WLS with him and he wasn't a big fan of it, but seemed like he wouldn't stand in my way if that is what I really wanted.
So he told me the most important thing (besides eating healthy of course) is exercise and lots of water, which I have been drinking lots of water. I totally gave up soda. I only had some sips of sprite when I was ill. Since I've been ill my appetite has gone out the window of course........
Only thing is I can't seem to still handle eating anything major and don't know how to keep my metabolism up when I don't really want to eat? Should I just not worry about it right now until I am 100% or what? It's been 4 days now. I feel better, but still am not 100%, yet.
So far I've been eating soup (tomato) and toast or toasted cheese. Those are the only things so far that sound good to me. Oh and I did have a grilled chicken the other day. I know toasted cheese isn't exactly healthy, but it was made in my toaster oven, not in the skillet so it was not greasy and I only had one sandwich. Besides it was the only thing at the time that I felt I could eat without yakking. (sorry if TMI (Too Much Info)
Also I haven't exercised since being ill. But gonna be working on that very soon. That brings me to the exercise that my dr recommended to me. He said that getting in a pool, even a shallow pool, and walking from side to side. He said it is the least hardest on your joints and the water gives great resistance.
Well I guess I have yammered on long enough.
Thanks for "listening"
*TFL*
Old 05-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Lady, I'm so sorry you're sick.
What about getting some protein drinks or Ensure... something like that? They're not hard to get down, and you'll get some more calories into you.
I hope you feel better soon, hon.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #3  
~Believe~

Thanks. I actually feel "normal" for the very first time in 5 days! Yippee! I had a grilled chicken sandwich today! Thanks!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

For the last legs of my pregnancy, walking for an hour back and forth across the pool was the only exercise I could manage. Walking outdoors left my hips and back aching terribly. The water was soothing to them, but I could still feel the workout on my legs. Plus, you have the resistance of the water as a bonus.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:05 AM   #5  
~Believe~

Yeah that is what my dr said. Also I have arthritis and I know that water exercise is great for that. Less strain on the joints and all.

Thanks for sharing!

*Flady*
Old 05-06-2006, 05:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If you have the option warm water is even better. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia so cold water tightens up every muscle and joint. Some health clubs, if they have quite a few older members, often keep the pool pretty warm.

You might call the local pools and ask about the water temperature, or check with your doctor to see if there is a warm water exercise program in your area. I found one in my area by searching online. You might need a doctor's referral, but often they're pretty inexpensive.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Good Idea, thanks Colleen!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:49 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello!

I also have PCOS and I am following the Low GI Diet I want to lose 112lbs before I TTC....

Have you checked out www.soulcysters.net the PCOS site!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Yes I've been there. Great site. Thanks for the info and sharing! Good Luck on your WL journey and with the PCOS!
Closed Thread