Old 05-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #1  

Default Does anyone do Fitday.com?

What do you think about it?

Do you do the free version or did you purchase the software one?

Thanks so much!!!!
lovemylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #2  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I have the free version, and I find it easier than getting a journal and writing everything down. I can find nutritional information for a WIDE variety of foods on fitday, or just by searching the web. It makes my calorie counting lifestyle easier. The link to mine is on the left under my user picture if you want to check it out.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:00 AM   #3  

Love Fitday.com. I just use the free version. It's great.
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #4  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I have used the free version in the past and absolutely loved it!! (The only reason I don't know is because I'm on WW... although I'm debating using it again!)
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #5  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I used the online version in January and switched over to the PC version in mid-February. The online version is great! And the PC version is great and then some! Nearly everything the online version has, and more. More opportunity for customization.

The two biggest downsides of the PC version are lack of a "public" journal and lack of total portability. You can't link your Fitday to this site. And you have to make sure that the Fitday software is loaded onto any computer you want to use. With the online version, since the info is housed on their servers, you can log in from any internet-ready computer.

Other than that, I think the PC version is aces. Well worth the $20.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #6  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I use the free online version. I really like that I can post stuff from work or home. I like that I can link it from my sig.

It takes some getting used to at times, to figure out how they've categorized things. For instance, last night my husband brought home pastries. *sighs* I had half a Napoleon. Fitday doesn't have it listed as Napoleon. It's listed as puff pastry with custard or cream filling. Then once you have that selected, "Napoleon" is one of the options. Hamburger and hotdog buns are options under the item "Dinner roll". Sometimes they make more sense than other times. But once you figure that out, it's pretty easy to use.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #7  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 278/278/140

I hadn't heard of this before... so I started one this morning. Looks like a good say to keep track of daily progress.
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #8  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I have gotten so much input from people on this site regarding Fitday, so I'm going to set my account up to start tomorrow. I've been using another site to track calories etc, but the site is so slow, and I like how you can attach your Fitday account to your signature right here...very neat!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #9  
JML
Success Story!!!

When I first got started losing weight, I used the free version of fitday.com. It really helped me to get started because it adds everything for you and the site has a huge database of different foods. After I got the hang of things, I didn't use it anymore because I had the habit of eating certain foods and I ended up automatically memorizing the calorie counts of the foods I ate most often. I loved the weight tracker feature though because it made a cool bar graph of my weight loss. I found it very motivating. Good luck!

Jeanne
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #10  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I use Fitday PC version.. I love it. Although with my recent rearranging of my bedroom I have seem to misplaced my disk...
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote