Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #1  
Enjoy the day!

Default Help with Fitday?

Hiya.. I have downloaded Fitday and have been using it for a few days. I wonder if someone could give me some info about the Activity Log. My issue is that I don't "get" the background activities section and I can't seem to get it to change it's calorie burned value. It says that I burned like 2600 calories but that cannot be right lol. So I try to play with the values in the fields when you expand it, (hit the plus sign and there are a bunch of "activities" under it) but that just seems to make the value go up. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me how that works. Thanks!
Brendalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I don't know about the downloaded version but I do know that you have to make sure you add the number of hours you slept!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #3  
Enjoy the day!

Thanks, that's kinda cool, I would never have thought of adding in the "little" stuff. The problem I am having though is that I end up with all this time in "leftover" and that has a bunch of "burned" calories in it but I don't know what I am supposed to do with them lol.

*shrug*

~Edit. Also I was wondering what some of you have for calories eaten vs calories burned and what is a decent range for steady weight loss? Thank you..

Last edited by Brendalee; 05-03-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Did you go through the setup where you tell fitday about your metabolism? The way that I got mine somewhat close to what seems right was to set my metablolism to sedentary. Then, when I do any activities that I want counted in, I add them. I usually don't add everything I do but I definitely add my workouts and also a couple of hours worth of other activities such as cleaning house (just the main stuff). I know other people add in EVERYTHING that they do and that seems to work for them, but for me, it just seems like WAY too many calories burned! Also, for the plus sign I believe you're talking about on the activity page, that is just showing the details of the default of how you set your metabolism. I don't know about anyone else here but I don't even mess with it. I add in my activity on the next lines below. Just double click on the next line, type in the type of activity you want to enter, set the time, speed etc..... to get your calories burned in that activity.

As far as your calories burned vs. calories eaten (your deficits), you really don't want to make them too big. They say it's safer and that you have a better chance at keeping your weight off when you lose no more than 2 pounds a week. To lose 1 pound a week, you need an average deficit of 500 calories per day, to lose 2 pounds a week, you would need an average deficit of 1000 per day. Remember, these numbers don't have to be perfect everyday. What matters is the average over a period of time. One day you might have a deficit of 500, the next you might have a deficit of 1200 which will average out to 850 calorie deficit over those two days. That is ok to do as long as you don't cut your calories down too far. They say that you need at a minimum, 1200 calories per day just to sustain life!

I also have the home version of fitday and have been using it for around a year now and I love it!

Good Luck!
Joyce
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240 - 236 - 140

Can you please inform me of where I can locate "fitday"?!?! It sounds like a fun toold but I haven't the faintest idea on where to locate it!

Thank you !
MrsBuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Go to fitday.com There is a free version online and also a paid downloadable version. I happen to have the home version but I used the online version for a while to make sure I really liked it. Either one works great. I think the home version has a few extra reports though.

Good luck!
Joyce
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #7  
Enjoy the day!

Thanks for the info Joyce