WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for the month of May

auntie
05-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Howdy,
We all at one time weighed in on Thursdays but now we do it whenever. We are a great group!!!! If I say so myself. Please join us....

Ok now.... like Tammy said where is everyone??? Please post just to let us know you are out there.

Tina, how is David doing? What about you my friend?

Tammy, I don't know if I can last until school is out!!!! I'm thinking of taking a few days off but my assistant is lazy and I don't think I could leave my babies.

Mimi, how are you doing?

Maureen, so fill us in on what's going on?

I had a very stressful day. I have a stress headache that runs down my back. I need a good massage. I might have to find a place and get one tomorrow. We have a big Spring Show on Friday. All of the deaf kids in the district perform. I think I told you we are doing a fashion show. It will be funny. I can't wait unti it's over.

Tina
05-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Susan, thanks for starting us off.
Can you believe it's really May! I can't.

Larry and I got away for a few days.....played hooky.
The vet said Smokey was doing better, kidney-wise, and so we left town.
Today, I've been washing clothes and taking it easy. I'm so tired, like I did something on vacation. :lol: :lol:
David is doing pretty good. He has signed up for unemployment benefits. He's put out his resume a few places. I hope he hears from someone pretty soon. Being off one week is okay, but I don't want this to drag on and on.

Hope everyone is well. Please let's all post.

:flow1:

auntie
05-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Tina,
I hope that David finds something soon. I agree hopefully it will be soon. Where did you go? I'm glad ya'll got away. I would love to get away for awhile. Yea Smokey is doing a better, that's good news.

Tammy
05-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Susan, I'm with you about not knowing if I can make it. I think we are all feeling that way. Spring fever has really hit, and it's been cool and a bit rainy. Some of the kids are starting to get on each other's nerves, so we've had that problem to deal with. I'm sure the fashion show will be a hit!!

Tina, glad you got away!! I want to go too!

Tina
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
'Wish I could've taken everyone with us. We went back to Grand Cayman. We didn't go last year because of the devastation caused by Ivan. Things look much better there this year. There are still some houses with tarps instead of roofs. The main part of The Hyatt is still closed down....something about the insurance never paying!
The weather was great and the water as blue and cool as ever.
I ate way too much and am back OP.
I've reset my tracker thingy. :D

Susan, I'm so sorry about your uncle.
Tammy, when do you talk with the school about your quitting?
Sis, when is the wedding? We all plan on coming. :lol:
Mimi, you are very quiet.
Maureen, are you all unpacked or are you waiting for us to come help!!!
Amy, how is your gang doing? (I'm also sorry about y'alls uncle.)
Where are our other members???????

Tammy
05-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Tina, I picked up the letter from the doctor this afternoon. I'll take it in tomorrow to the superintendent. I'm making copies. I don't trust people. So, it sounds like I have 22 more days of teaching. I'll be on sick leave/disability for 120 days next school year, and I'll retire after those 120 days.

A bit down tonight. Found out that one of Bob's good friends died. Bob was at Jimmy's house yesterday. He could hear the TV, but no one came to the door. Bob thought maybe he went somewhere and forgot to turn the TV off. Another friend went there this morning and found him. He may have died on Sunday. Bob keeps thinking that he should have walked in to check on him. He was probably already gone, but who knows. He's having a rough time tonight. Jimmy has had some heart problems in the past, so it was probably a heart attack.

auntie
05-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm feeling much better tonight. I was so stressed yesterday I thought I was going to throw up when I got home. My head was killing me. Ugh!!!! Of course my aide is NO help. I hope she quits.

Tammy, are you excited about taking your days next year? They can't stop you! I know that is a part of you thinking about your kids. They are lucky they have you! You have to take care of yourself.

Tina, how fun!!!!! I'm jealous that ya'll got to go. I'm glad ya'll got away. Thank you for the condolences on our uncle. Honestly, we haven't seen him (I know I haven't) in probably 15 years. He was an alcoholic and diabetes. When he was in the hospital a couple of months the dr said to stop drinking. He was put back in and they kept draining tons of fluid off his stomach. He finally refused treatment. His wife kept going to Mexico to get booze for him. They live in Laredo. I went down for my dad.

Amy survived her trip. I don't know if she said or not but only 1 got home sick. Needless to say, it was my niece!!! I just laughed. :)

Have a great Wed.

Tina
05-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi all,
Susan, I'm so glad you are feeling better. It's time for you to get some rest.

Tammy, I'm so happy about you being able to leave that school and all the stress. It will be sad, but, you are doing the right thing. Also, I'm sorry about Bob's friend. I'm imagine he was already gone when Bob went by that day. It reminds me of Larry's dad. When he wasn't at church one Sunday, and wouldn't open his door, someone called the police. They found him dead, probably of a heart attack. I still get cold chills thinking about that.

It's awfully quiet around here.
Oh, I started us off with a new weigh-in thread.

Mimi4fun
05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Yes I am still in the land of the living! It sounds like everyone is having a busy Spring.
Tammy that's great you will be able to retire soon. I bet you have tons of stuff lined up to do.
Susan sorry about your uncle, its tough on the family when someone abuses themselves like that.
Tina that vacation sounds like heaven.
It has been beautiful here this last week, tulips blooming, apple blossoms, magnolia, and birds chirping everywhere. I love being able to have all the windows open. Too short a season for me.
The struggle with the weight continues. I do find it easier after Easter has gone, no big holidays for another 6 months.

Tina
05-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Y'all should see me now. Then again, I don't want anyone to see me!

This afternoon I went to my dermatologist to get a large pilar cyst removed from my scalp. I've had it for a long time but it started growing larger. (For years they kept saying it wasn't cancer and not to worry about it being removed.) Well, it took the dr. over 30 minutes to clean it out and remove the lining.
The nurse put on the dressing and then wrapped a stretch bandage around my head! I have to wear this thing for 24 hrs!!!!:o :o :o :o :lol:
Larry said he needed to take a photo----over his dead body!
They had to shave my hair, too. I might have to go buy a hat to wear to church. :D

Mimi, it's good to finally hear from you. The flowers here are beautiful, too. This time of year is about the only time that I can go get in my hammock in the mornings. Other times, it's too humid and hot.
Everyone have a good evening.

auntie
05-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is having a pretty good day.

Mimi, it's so good to hear from you. We've missed you!

Tammy, I am so sorry for Bob's friend. I know that has to be extremely hard especially since he went by there. You will be in my prayers.

Tina, are you rested up from your trip? I would love to go to the Grand Caymans.

Amy is sick now! Someone is always sick in their house. :)

Tina
05-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!
Taking Tylenol last night gave me NO relief. Larry gave me one of his Tylenol 3 pills and that took the edge off. I couldn't find a position to sleep that didn't put pressure on the place. I should've just sat up and slept.:(
Last night, Larry went to the store and bought us one piece of cake. We halved it. It was soooooo good.
I'm being good OP today. I'd rather be out eating everything that tastes good and is bad for us.
I hope everyone weighs this week. I'm going now to post on the weigh-in thread.
Tina

Tammy
05-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Susan, glad Amy survived the trip. You niece got homesick? Oh my!!

Mimi, right now I'm not sure what I'll be doing for sure. I know I've thought about volunteering at Hospice or the hospital. One of my friends mentioned the nursing home that is very close to our new home. I love having the windows open and smelling the flowers.

Tina! I agree with Larry. Take a picture!! You'll laugh at it later (maybe). Hope you'll be able to get more rest without lots of medicine. Good idea on splitting the cake.

auntie
05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Tina, you poor baby!!!!! I agree with Tammy take a picture. It sounds painful just reading it!!!!! I'm sorry you didn't get to sleep, maybe you will tonight. Take something before you go to bed to help you sleep.

Tammy, I love having the windows open. In Texas there is about 2 days a year where you can do it. It's ususally too hot.

Oh yea, Amy's daughter got home sick. Now remember she is the one this summer that wanted to come on vacation with me. We drove and met half way and she changed her mind. I think she will be 21 before she comes to go on vacation with me :) Now the boys are a different story.

Cake...... yum!

Noble1
05-05-2006, 11:35 AM
It has been awhile since I have been to Thursday's chatter. I guess I am at the point of wanting to give up. I am still at 139. The same as when I last posted. It has been a busy month with farming, cookjing and all. Life is built around food. :devil: I cook for the help and so on. I am not making excuses and will I ever learn the definition of the word discipline.
Still trying to hang it there . Do hope that we can all have a peaceful, restful, amd siccessful May.
Joybell

Tina
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Joybell, it's so good to hear from you again. I've wondered where you were.:D :D :D
Here's something that I've been trying for 4 days---no sugar and more fiber. I've lost 3 pounds so far & that's not water weight, because I'm retaining. :o
Make yourself some big veggie salads, with lots of stuff in them, to go with your meals. Ir's very filling.

I don't think my 1/2 piece of cake hurt any. :lol: I actually got a pertty good night's sleep last night. I'm getting ready to go "doctor" my head. I have 3 stitches. It's hard to see since it's on the back of my head.

Everyone have a good Friday.

Tammy
05-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Susan, I can remember when I was young, one of my cousins would come to stay at our house. It never failed, Chris would decide she wanted to go home during the night. Her parents always came to get her.

Joybell, I have decided never to weigh myself again. lol I get so discouraged when it is the same.

Tina, it hurts just to think of your head! Hope you are sleeping better.

Tonight is the prom. I plan to take pictures with the digital camera, but I have no idea how to send them online. My cousin sent me pictures once and they were huge. Couldn't even see what it was supposed to be. I'm sure that I would do the same thing.

We've been working on getting graduation announcements and party invitations done today. The party is the 28th, so I'm a little behind I guess. I'm not going to panic over it though.

Tim's girlfriend, Jessica, is playing her saxaphone at a church near here in the morning. Most of the time she goes to church with us. Tim didn't tell her that we are going to the other church to listen to her play. I think she'll be surprised when we show up.

My b-day is Monday. Bob keeps asking what I want. I told him that Disney World in June is more than enough! The enclosed porch is special too. I love it.

Windows are all open again. It's in the 60's, a little cool, but the fresh air smells so nice.

Went to Jimmy's funeral this morning. That was the first time that I've been to a Catholic Church for a funeral. It was nice. Pretty emotional during a time of silence. A train went by ( a couple blocks away). Jimmy loved trains. Collected them, etc. That really got to Tim because the 2 of them would talk trains when they saw each other.

Tina
05-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi all,
None of the regulars have posted on the weigh-in results thread. We have some new faces over there.

Tammy, I bet Tim and Jessica looked great tonight.
I've never heard a saxaphone played in a church service......always a first time.

How is everyone else???????

Have a great Sunday!

maureen kempster
05-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Good morning all

I haven't posted for a while, but I'm here everyday. It's now 2 wks being on my own and I'm glad I made the move. I got a kitten from a lady I work with last week, he's about 11 wks old-I'm calling him Charlie-I can't wait 'til he's grown up. Kittens are cute but they're crazy-
I'm still holding on the weight I've managed to lose about 20 lbs. and I'm still not smoking. I just came back from roller blading!! Each day I'm managing to go a little further.

Tina I hope your head is ok. Sounds like it was sore.

I hope all you ladies have a great sunday and enjoy-we only go around once.

take care
maureen

exquisitern
05-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi all!
I havn't ever posted here, but I weigh in on Thursdays at my meetings. I do the points system and started on 4/20/06. I lost 2.8 lbs this past week. I feel really motivated and have been walking. I try to walk at least 3.5 miles three days a week and that was an increase from last week, I'm trying to build on it to get to at least 21 activity points a week.
Anyway, I've really enjoyed reading each of your posts.
Maureen: Good luck with your kitten. I have 4 four grown cats and they still can be a mess, but I love them each and every one!

Tammy
05-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Tina, Jess used to play her sax at her old church quite a bit. Our church has a band - sax, flutes, clarinets, trumpets, guitars, drums, the whole bit. Today was nice. Her mom accompanied her on the piano. The kids did look good last night.

Maureen, glad to hear that things are going well for you!!! I'm sure Charlie is good company for you.

Welcome to the crew "exquisitern"!! Wonderful group here. You have the right idea with the exercise. I have good days and bad. Actually I have the same when it comes to food and water too!!!

I think I'm going to drive to the school and get my lesson plans done for this week. Since I wasn't there on Friday, I don't have them finished yet. I'm getting bad about getting them done. Do I sound worried?? lol

exquisitern
05-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks. I have really enjoyed this site since I found it a couple of weeks ago. I love to read all the inspirational messages from ladies around the world, all working for one thing to lose weight, be healthy and feel good about themselves.
I'm at work today and I found time to walk about an hour. With the way I walk, that usually is about 3-3 1/2 miles.

auntie
05-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Howdy,

Tammy, I know Jess did a great job!!! Don't worry my plans aren't done either! We had our Deaf ed. spring show on Friday and I'm taking my class to a baseball game on Wed. So I don't really know what I'm going to do this week. I'm just ready to be out.

Tina, You are doing great sweetie pie! Have you gotten a lot of rain? We have gotten some each day, too bad come July we will need a bunch!

Exquisitern, welcome to the group! We have a great group here. We have been through a lot together!

Maureen, Keep up your roller blading! I would be in ICU if I attempted it :) I'm so glad you are happy.

My plan for this week is to be more focused on my eating and not by adding things that I don't need!!!

Oh my supervisor talked to my aide. I think she doesn't GET IT!!!! Maybe she will quit during the summer.

Let's do a July 4th challenge. We seemed to do pretty well when we did those. What do you think?

Tammy
05-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I didn't go to school to work on the plans! I went through some more things to take to the old house for the auction. I'll just have to wing it with the kids. We have a field trip on Tuesday, then we start music practices in the afternoons on Wednesday. Our concert is a week from Tuesday.

I need to shut the windows. I'm starting to get cold. Kramer and I are the only ones home.

I think a challenge sounds like a good idea. I need to change my tracker AGAIN to show the right thing. What a twit I am!!!

Little Sis
05-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Happy Birthday to you.:belly:
Happy Birthday to you. :woo:
Happy Birthday dear Tammy!
Happy Birthday to you!!!:gift: :balloons:

Us May babies need to stick together.

Hey Sue ( 9 more days - Big and Expensive!!!! hint hint) :D

Well I know Sue filled ya'll in n the camping trip. But I had a geat time. We ended up taking 17 girls and 5 adults with 2 of the girls only in 1st grade. They are all still talking about it and pleading with me to go again.
I was really worried because we had a huge thunder storm roll in about 1am on Saturday morning but they all made it through over half didn't hear it.

I am snacking out of controll right now and it has to stop. Last week, Rob decided he was going to cut out all Dr. peppers and did it cold turkey. He has made it 9 days now without any soda. I have gotten to the point I was drinking 4 and 5 Dr. peppers as day, WAAY too much. So I too have cut them out but I am having the withdrawls. It doesn't help that it is that TOM at the exact same time.

Tina - I hope you are feeling a little better! I am sending you a huge - Did you catch it?

Everyone have a great week!

Tina
05-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Tammy, I hope your birthday was stupendously wonderful!!!

Amy, thank you for the big hug.
I just washed my hair--for the first time in a week. Now it's sore but I have clean hair.

Everyone stay OP and have a great afternoon.
Please go post on the weigh-in thread for May.:^: :^: :^: :^: :^:

Tammy
05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! Amy, I love your hint to your sister!! My younger brother sent me an e-mail. The subject line said "You're ancient". The other brother sent one saying: The Beatles. I thought what in the world is he talking about? I opened it and he had typed the words from a Beatles song- "You say it's your birthday!!" My brothers are weird. Good thing that their sister is absolutely normal.

Tina, glad you were able to wash your hair. That has to make you feel better.

Our field trip was very nice. I had one boy who was absent. I had made a comment last week to the class that if anyone wasn't keeping up on their assignments and behavior wasn't the best, I might see if that person could stay at school with another teacher. This boy has been a real stinker lately, so I'm sure he didn't come today because he thought I was going to leave him behind. It was his loss. The trip was fun.

We're having a staff meeting in the morning. We think the administration is going to give us the news about what everyone will be teaching next year. We already know that a 5th grade class is being cut, and a 2nd grade class is being added. Last year we voiced our opinions NOT to cut 2nd grade to 3 classes, and I think now they realize what a mistake it was. All 3 classes had 25 or 26 students this year. I had 27 in 4th grade in a tiny room, but I'd rather me have that many in 4th than 2nd grade have that many.

More school news!! Our Treasurer for the district is leaving!! He has only been with us 1.5 years.

I need to go get something done. Not school stuff though! I didn't even bring my school bag home from school!

auntie
05-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Happy Birthday, Birthday girl!!! I'm sorry I didn't get a card mailed off. I've been so bad lately at getting them done. My little sister "only" thinks of herself. Like I would forget that my birthday is in a month and a 1/2. Silly girl!!! :)

Tina, Just thinking about your head makes mine hurt for you. I'm glad you got to wash you hair. I have to do it everyday!

Amy, So is Manda excited to go on another camping trip too?

Well, I have managed to get ONCE AGAIN another sinus infection. I'm so mad at the ENT that I could scream. He said call when you get one, then the soonest they could get me in was May 31. I have an appointment on the 26th. I called my primary dr. and she called me out antibiotics. The nurse at the ENT me and I asked her if I can never get in when I have an infection then what is the point of me going since I have chronic infections. She said Well has he done a CAT scan. I said "NO because I can never get in when I have an infection." I told her I would be talking to him about my concerns when I come on the 26th. She made sure I knew that she had talked to me everytime I called. I told her that I didn't get to talk to her 2 other times. This is the third infection since Jan. I asked Amy just to make sure. I'm going to see if I can find another doctor. My whole face is swollen and hurts so it's not like I'm making it up.....

Ok that was my rant for today....

Tina
05-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Evening,
Tammy, what did you do for your birthday? You never said what you finally decided on.
I'll be so glad when you get out of that school!

Susan, I'm so sorry about your sinus infection. Doctors!!!!! It's good your PCP could send you medicines.

Joybell, are you eating those salads I suggested??? :D

Maureen, how's the roller blading? I'm in awe of your ability. I couldn't do that in a million years.

Mimi, how are you doing?????

Sis, let us know how the wedding plans are going. Is your kitchen finished by now?

I stayed OP all day. (Brownie points for me.)

friendlykat4u
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Hello! :wave: Can I join your group?

I'm currently doing WW on my own. My DH is also doing it with me for support. I've been OP for 8 weeks now. I normally weigh myself Fri mornings. So we'll see how I do tomorrow. I had a couple of bad days since last weigh in.

I've been battling my weigh since I was a kid. After much thinking I realized I had to change my eating habits for good. Also I'm not really a work out lover, well honestly I hate it! Brings back bad childhood memories. :( But I finally decided that this was it, no more temporary changes, this time is for good. This website has made a huge difference, the support here is amazing, there are so many nice people, and so much information too, I love it!

I've been working out 5 days a week Mon-Fri, I was using my elliptical machine for 20 mins each morning, that's a HUGE step for me. Then the machine broke! :D :( But I recently bought the Turbo Jam dvd's. I read a thread under the fitness forum and people couldn't say enough good things about it. So I've been doing the beginner's dvd for a week now. :) I think next week I'll graduate to a more intensive work out. Wish me luck! :)

auntie
05-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the group Friendly!!! I'm impressed that you can do the ellipitical machine. I can do about 1 minute on it. I don't have one but always think I would like to try it.

Tina, the tornados that hit up here were about 10 minutes away! I was sound alseep!!!! I'm still not feeling good and now coughing. I think I said when I go to the ENT we are going to have a Come to Jesus meeting or he is fired!

Tammy, how are you feeling Sweetie? Take care of yourself!!!! How many days are left? We get out on May 24 and my last day is the 25th. Not like I'm counting or anything. :)

Mimi, where are you?

Maureen, how's the new place? Is it all in order the way you want it.

Amy, post little sister!!!!

Tina
05-12-2006, 12:10 AM
friendlykat4u, I'm so glad you came on over from the weigh-in results thread. :D :D :D
Tell me more about that DVD. I haven't heard of it.

Susan, I was really worried about you. I wondered if those tonados were near you. Wow, 10 minutes is way too close! I'm so glad you're okay.
I'm so sorry you are still feeling crummy. Here comes a big HUG.....

Tammy, how are you, girl?

My head itches. :lol: :lol: I know that means the place is getting well. I'd rather it get well without driving me crazy since I can't scratch it.

Sis, where are your friend? Have you had the wedding without us??? :D

Everyone have a good Friday. Hey, it's almost the weekend.

friendlykat4u
05-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Auntie, I like the elliptical b/c it gives you a full body work out but there's no impact, easy on the knees. I don't really have a knee problem, but they do get sensitive on me from time to time. DH is trying to find a welder to fix it! :D OMG you got tornadoes 10 mins away from you! :yikes: I've never been near a tornado. Just hurricanes and earthquakes! :eek: :D

Tina, there's a huge thread about Turbo Jam under the fitness section, that's how I learned about it. I guess there's an infomercial on TV but I've personally never seen it.

It's aerobic exercise but with dance music, some of the moves are a little dancy. I love to dance to that type of music (sort of like techno). The instructor is really nice, not as annoying as some others I've seen. I'm not really into work out videos, I had owned one only, Windsor Pilates, but never got into it. I've only done the beginner work out which is learning the basic moves for about 5 minutes followed by a 15-min cardio work out. So far I like it, next week I'll try graduating to the next one up.:D

exquisitern
05-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Good morning all!
Friendlykat- TurboJam, I'll have to check it out. I've been doing a "Fat Burning exercise video for Dummies" in the morning. It is a 45 minute exercise video. I'm starting to quit falling all over my feet! I'm am clumsy, but I'm keeping at it and I have been walking for 1 hour (3 1/2 miles) every evening.
I feel really good and trying to stick to the diet. All in all it's going well. I really like WW.
Hello to all and have a great weekend! I'm going to a Renaissance Festival this weekend. I love to see how everyone dressings. It is really pretty interesting and the owner has a castle that they are building on the grounds. Anyway we like it!

friendlykat4u
05-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi Donna! :) That festival sounds like fun, I wish I had something like that around here. They do call Providence "The Renaissance City", it's quite pretty around here, they should have a festival like that too.

So far so good with TJ, but I've been doing the beginner dvd for a week. The 1st couple of days I was getting frustrated with some moves, but I'm ok now, I guess the more you do it, the easier it becomes. I bought it from QVC, they also sell it on www.beachbody.com, but I heard their customer service wasn't that great so I went with QVC and it cost a little less anyway. The dvd set is 2 discs. One has 3 work outs in it, beginners, 20-min workout, and sculpting (with weights) one. The other dvd has a 45-min cardio and something else. I can't remember now...lol. I'm going to move to the 20-min work out next week and I also want to try the sculpting/toning one. I'll let you know how that goes.

Have fun at the festival! I'll talk to you soon. :)

Tammy
05-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi all! Busy week. We stayed home for my birthday. I told Bob that we've been so busy getting ready for the auction, I thought a night at home would be nice. Since we're going to Disney in June, I also told him not to get me anything.

Auction went well. Cold, windy, and a little rain, but we had a nice crowd. Made over $2000, so I thought that was good. 14 days of school including the teacher work day. Can't wait to be finished. Still haven't heard anything from the supt. or board about next year. It's hard to tell when they'll make their decision.

Tina
05-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Tammy, I'd say that was a very good auction. Wow, that could buy more furniture or another night at Disneyworld. :lol:
I'm envious of y'all going there. I've never been. We went to Disneyland when David was young. That was fun.
I know how much you can't wait for school to be out.

Susan, how are you feeling?
Sis, where are you?????
Maureen, how far can you roller blade now?
Mimi, are you going to plant any flowers this year? I took a short walk yesterday and saw so many pretty ones. I wanted to come home and start planting. I think I'd better wait until my stitches come out first.
I get them out Monday morning. The place is still very sore. I guess that's normal.
Hey, I weighed again this morning---couldn't resist----and I'd lost another pound!!!!
Amy, how are you feeling?

Tammy
05-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Tina, the money we made at the auction will be helping to pay for the vacation, so it was well worth it. That might buy our gas for the trip!!! Found out this morning at the aerobics class that 3 of the women in the class (there were only 8 of us today) will be at Disney about the same time we will be. Another friend of mine from N.C. will arrive there on the Friday before we leave on Sat., so we are already planning to get together with their family on Fri. night for dinner.

Tina, I agree about waiting until the stitches are out. Don't overdo it too soon. The flowers will be waiting for you.

Hope everyone is doing ok! I need to head to the store. Our cupboards are bare.

maureen kempster
05-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Good morning everyone
I haven't killed myself yet on the rollerblades!! Just came in from a skate went out about 3 times this week, our weather hasn't been the greatest. Today I managed to go about 26 blocks on this bike path that's close to where I live. I'm all sweaty now and for me that's just fantastic, because I rarely sweat!!!
Tammy is your old house sold now? Boy I really wish I lived near you I could have bought some of your old stuff for my place. I'm not kidding ladies, here I am almost 59 and I'm living like I just moved out of my parents' place!! Crazy or what- But you know someone I work with said to look at like when you take a shower in the morning and refresh yourself. I really do feel good about this move.

Tina, how's your head? Healing properly I hope-good for the lb lost .

I'm stuck at about 20 lbs lost, I have a few more to go, but still not smoking and I really do feel good. So, I guess that's what counts the most. Went for a long over due physical friday and DR said I was just fine, will be going for mammogram and bone density tests in early june, and some blood work.

Well, I hope everyone has a super sunday and take care of yourselves, you're all worth it-

maureen

Tina
05-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Happy Mother's Day

Tammy
05-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Maureen, the house hasn't sold yet. There have been some lookers, but no one has written a check yet. I'm sure there would have been some things at the auction for you. The other family had quite a bit too. They had a 5-piece wicker furniture set for a porch. My friend Melissa was there and it was her first auction. Our friend Carol was standing behind her and nudging her while she was bidding to make sure she got the set. She got it for $155. I saw a set at Wal Mart yesterday for about $400, and it wasn't as nice as the one she got. We were all very excited!! You are doing great with those roller blades! I'm impressed. I'm lucky I can walk without falling anymore let alone be on wheels!!

I am not losing anything but my sanity right now. My last TOM was the end of March/beginning of April. I'm always pretty regular, so I'm wondering if the stress from the auction, school, and Tim graduating is messing up my system OR if I might really be starting through menopause.

Tim's graduation party is May 28, the week before graduation. You are all invited!!!! I really wish you all lived close enough.

Never did figure out how to send pictures with the digital camera thingy.

Tina
05-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, most of our group is taking some time off from the computer, it seems. :(
I hope everyone is well. Susan, are you well yet??? When is/was your ENT appointment? I hope you can get back on allergy shots or whatever will make you well again.
Tammy, how are you feeling? I hope you're not over-doing it getting ready for Tim's graduation party. Yes, I wish we could all be there to celebrate. Tim might not appreciate us singing to him. :o :o :o
Maureen, I think you are really something! Starting over and not smoking. :bravo:
Mimi, Amy, Sis, Joybell and everyone, please let us hear from you.

I got my stitches out. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: The biopsy results came back benign. Last night was the first good night's sleep I've had in ages.

Noble1
05-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am thankful that I weigh 138. I have 10 pounds to go. I was looking at all of you comments. We are all being accountable so we will get to our goal. Is this the group that is doing the July 4th challenge? I have sort of made it my person goal to try to lost 10 pounds. We'll see because my body seems to be hanging on. I have been counting calories and I am much more aware of what I am eating.
Blessings to you all.

Tina
05-18-2006, 06:29 PM
We've talked about starting a July 4th Challenge. Do y'all want to start one????

friendlykat4u
05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Tammy, I'm so jealous you're going to Disney. I LOVE Disney! I'm a big kid and so is DH, that's where we went for our honeymoon and had a blast. I wish I were going too... can I squeeze in one of your suitcases??? Please, please, please, pretty please! LOL :D

Tina, yeah let's start a July 4th challenge in here! :D I signed up for one in another thread, but why don't we do one here too! :)

Tammy
05-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Tina, I'm so glad your stitches are out and the biopsy was good!!!

Anyone can go with us to Disney!! We have big suitcases so we have room for lots of people!!! lol I am so excited about going even though I won't be able to do as much as before. Wheelchair here I come!

I graduated from physical therapy. I went for a month, and I did make improvements. But because of insurance, I have to do things on my own now. Good thing we joined the Y.

As always, I need to go grade a few papers.

auntie
05-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing good! Only a few days and counting!!! I'm ready for summer vacation!

Tina, I'm glad that you got your stitiches out! I know that you feel so much better. It wonderful news that you got good news.

Tammy, you should get first class treatment with a wheelchair at Disney world. Make sure that you take advantage of it.

Amy, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!!!! See you soon!!

I finally am over my sinus infection well almost! I'm still coughing a little. I've had a migraine for 2 days. I hate them. I was hoping I would see a little loss on the scale but I had a 4 pound gain! It's TOM.

I'm going to SA next Friday for my Godson's graduation. Then there will be a few years break. We've had several right in a row in our family.

Tina
05-20-2006, 02:04 PM
:gift: Amy, Happy Birthday!!! :hb:

Where is everyone nowadays??? I miss your posting.

Tammy, I'm so glad you did good at your theraphy. Insurance just makes me crazy. Would you believe, my surgery for the cyst removal was called cosmetic surgery. A large bump on the back of your scalp that may or may not be cancerous is called cosmetic! Grrrr..... I can't wait to see how little the insurance pays on it.
How is Kramer doing? Has he settled into the new home?

Susan, I hope you feel better today.

Okay, everyone POST!

friendlykat4u
05-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks Tammy, I'm packing! :D People at Disney are wonderful accomodating people with any kind of disability, I'm sure you'll have just a good a time with the wheelchair.

Tina, are you kidding me?! They called that cosmetic surgery?! They're morons. I'm sorry, but I do hate insurance companies, they charge hundreds of $'s from people but when it comes time to dish out money they have a million and one excuses not to pay! :mad:

Tammy
05-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Happy Birthday Amy!!!! I'd like a piece of cake please.

Tina, I can't believe they called that cosmetic surgery!!!! That is ridiculous!!! Let's all go talk to the insurance people and tell them they should pay lots and lots for it.

I've heard from several people that having a wheelchair at Disney will be fine. I'm a bit nervous about it since I normally don't use one. A couple summers ago before I was diagnosed with the fibro and arthritis, my friends got a wheelchair for me when we went to an aquarium in Chicago. I was so glad that we did. I know I'll be glad at Disney too.

Class at the Y this morning was good. Did alot with those big exercise balls. I know I'll be sore because it was stuff I'm not used to. One of these days I'll lose some weight doing all of this!

Tim marched in his last parade this morning. I cried after the band went by.
The school had their awards assembly on Thursday. Tim was nominated by the National Honor Society for 2 awards - scholarship and service. He won the service award! We were surprised, but thrilled. Monday night is the band banquet. There are 3 awards for Seniors, and I'm hoping that Tim will win one of those, but who knows. There are 18 seniors. Graduation party is next Sunday, graduation is June 4.

The principal called all of us together Friday morning for a meeting. We thought for sure they were going to let everyone know what they'd be teaching next year. The meeting was about test results! The school did well, but it sure would make the end of school easier if people knew what they are going to teach next year.

By the way, of the three 4th grade classes, guess whose class had the best test scores?????? (except for writing- it was 2% lower than the others) I am so proud of my kids!!!!!

auntie
05-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone had a good Sat. I didn't do much. I still don't feel the greatest. I think part of it is that I'm just exhausted.

Tina, insurance is such a joke! I hope they pay for the surgery. How is your head feeling?

Tammy, congratulations on Tim's award. I know that had to be emotional to see him march for the last time.

Friendly, What's new with you?

Mimi, where are you? We miss you!!!

I'm watching "remember the titans". It's such a good movie. I stayed home tonight instead of going with Pat. I've done NOTHING>

Tammy
05-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Tina, I forgot to respond about Kramer. He loves it here! When we leave, he stays in Tim's room where he can see out the front window. When we're home, he is in there or in the back room looking out the back, or on the enclosed porch where he can see many directions. It's like a forest around here, so he enjoys barking at all of the animals. The neighbors have a cat that Mrs. M. walks on a leash. Kramer is slowly getting used to that. There has been a huge cat just wandering around. We have rabbits, groundhogs, birds of all kinds, and we've seen a couple of deer behind the house. Pretty neat.

Susan, I've never seen that movie, but I've heard of it. May need to rent it sometime. When school is out we both need to catch up on our rest and not be so exhausted!

Anyone going to see the DaVinci Code? I haven't been to a movie in 2 years, so I know I won't go see it. I can't sit that long without hurting.

I told Bob that I'm not sure this new medicine is helping or not. I've only been on it a week, and I had to ease into the real dosage which I've taken for 2 days now. I guess I need to give it some time.

Tim has 3 more days of school. Seniors get out early here. He has plans to job shadow some law enforcement officers in different areas. He still wants something federal, but he can get some ideas about village, city, and county departments. State Patrol won't let him do a ride-along, but he may get to go to their post and observe. Not sure yet.

Tammy
05-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Band banquet was last night. Tim and one of his friends tied for the Louis Armstrong Jazz Award! Tim and Brenda's names will be on a plaque in the band room forever, and they both received certificates and small trophies. Brenda's parents and Bob and I were very proud. Also shocked, because we all thought another boy would get it. (glad he didn't, lol)

Field day tomorrow at school, picnic on Thursday. Tomorrow is the last day for Seniors. Think they're excited?????

Tina
05-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Oh Tammy, that's wonderful for Tim, and the girl. I know you and Bob are so proud.
I can't believe school is almost over. Seems like it's gone by so fast.

How is everyone out there?????
I'm trudging along with my exercising. I'm not really counting points right now but am being careful.

friendlykat4u
05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Morning all! :wave:

I still feel like I'm intruding a little over here! :D It seems all of you have known each other for a while. I see a couple of you are in TX, have you ever met each other face to face?

Tammy, how many kids do you have or is Tim your only son? You must be so proud of him. :) And what kind of dog is Kramer? I love dogs, unfortunately don't own a house and I can't have pets in my apartment. :( Someday! :) I read the DaVinci Code and liked the book, I haven't seen the movie. I love to read and I love movies too.

Auntie can I call you Susan? :D I love that movie Remember the Titans, I've seen it a few times. It always makes me cry too, I'm such a sap! :D

Tina, I take Sundays off and I don't count points, I try to be careful too, but it feels good to have a day off. I've been using the Turbo Jam DVD's and I like them, especially the Turbo Sculpt. I never did weight training before so I'm a little sore, but not much, I'm not really killing myself! :D

Oh by the way, my name is Karla! :D

Tina
05-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi all, :)
Morning to you, Karla! You are not intruding. Please don't feel that way. I totally know how you feel, though. In the past, I've tried posting on a couple of different sites. I got the mandatory "welcome" and that's it. I was never mentioned by name again!
Us Texans have never met. TX is a big state.
Would you believe, this group was seriously thinking about getting together----in New Orleans. Well, the hurricane put an end to those thoughts. :lol:
Maybe some time in the future we can pick another place.

I need to work on my flabby underarms. Any suggestions from y'all??????? I have hand weights that I use with the WW dvd.

What's everyone doing today----Susan & Tammy, I know y'all are getting ready to cheer school being out.
Sis, where are you girl???? Did that kitchen get finished? When's the wedding?
Mimi, I don't like you not being on here. Are you lurking?
Maureen, how far can you roller blade now?
Amy, tell us about your birthday.
Joybell, I hope you are eating more of those salads. ;)

Today I'm going for a pedicure. I can't wait to sit there and be pampered. I still have some money on my Christmas gift card. Yea!
Everyone post----please......

Tammy
05-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Karla, you are NOT intruding!!!!! Tim is our only child. We are very proud of him. He has done so much to make us feel that way. Kramer is a dachsund. He is hilarious. We just moved to a new home a few months ago, so it is still a novelty for all of us here. I think I'll read the DaVinci Code. I think I can keep fiction and nonfiction separate. I love to read. I rarely watch TV or movies. Not sure why.

Tina, it would be so awesome to get together someday. I will be having MORE TIME ON MY HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I met with the superintendent today after school. I will have a position and still be on contract next year. If I have a miraculous recovery over the summer, I will be doing intervention and tutoring until I can officially retire the end of February. If things are the same, I'll use my personal days and sick days until the end of Feb. They are adding a 2nd grade teacher (isn't that ironic after I taught that for 19 years!!). The woman will be paid as a sub and then be paid full time when I retire. I wouldn't be in that position even if I came back full time.

The supt. mentioned that he had talked with one of the board members who also does alot with the band. That guy told him about how hard things are for me to do. He even told him that I had to go back to the dorm and take naps every day at band camp!! lol

I'm still kind of in a state of shock I think. I have 6 days of school left!!!!!

friendlykat4u
05-24-2006, 11:05 PM
:thanks: Tina & Tammy!

Tammy, what happened to you? If you don't mind me asking. Some of your posts mention a wheel chair? Where you in an accident?

You've been teaching for a long time. That's what I wanted to do when I was younger, but the plan didn't work out and I ended up in the financial industry instead. Now I don't know if I'd like to be a teacher, that's a tough job and you put up with a lot of crapola from everyone! I give you a lot of credit. :)

I enjoyed reading DaVinci Code a lot, I didn't get all worked up like some people did and I'm catholic. A woman at work started reading it and one day she came in blaming the church for all the problems in the world! The book had just come out so I had no idea what she was talking about, I honestly thought she had heard something on the news. :lol: Turns out she was talking about the book but she was so upset, I couldn't believe it.

Tina, have you you lived in TX long? I have some family there, but I've never been to visit. I have 2 cousins in Houston, and my uncle used to live in Palestine but recently moved out of state.

Hope that pedicure was good! I've only had 2 or 3 done in my life. I like them, but it's not something I do all the time. I like it when they put my feet in the bubbles! :D

auntie
05-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Hi ya'll,

I'm officially done today! I thought we would get out tomorrow and have to work but I learned otherwise. One of the things about being new to a district. :carrot:

Tammy, keep counting those days. I'm glad that things are FINALLY going good for you!!!

Karla, YOU ARE NOT INTRUDING! We are glad you are joining us. Like tina said, we've talked about getting together but never have. Lil sis (Amy is my little sister but lives in San Antonio) I live north of Dallas. Please call me Susan. I have one son but we lost him Oct. 2004. He is and will be my one and only child. He was only 2 months and 24 days old and was 11 weeks premature. So when I talk about Seamus that is who I'm referring to. My friends here were always there for support and to let me cry on their shoulders. We are a close group but and love having you with us.

I'm having a hard time getting back on track. I think I will do better when I'm not at school. At least I hope so.

i feel a little beat up today. I got roses from one of my kids. Another teacher who had a baby last week, came up to school. I went to see her because I love her to death. I started crying.... she felt so bad. She came to see me in my room and said she didn't want me to see the baby so I wouldn't get upset. I told her that this was one of those healing moments even as bad as it hurts. I took my roses out to the cemetery on the way home and then sprinkled some of the rose petals around. I had a good cry! Oh I miss my baby so much!!!

I'm going to get my hair colored tomorrow and then I think I'll get a pedicure too. I deserve one and my feet really need it. Then Friday, off to SA to see my nephew graduate.

Have a good evening what's left of it.

Tammy
05-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Karla, two years ago in March I fell on the ice in front of the school. That triggered so much pain throughout my entire body and it took months to come to a diagnosis. That was Fibromyalgia. It is triggered by stress, accidents, and many other things. On top of that, I have arthritis in my lower spine. I've done physical therapy, but because of insurance I am doing exercises on my own now. I have good days and bad days. The medicines help some, but it seems like I get more confused about things now.

The month before I fell, I chaperoned the high school band to Disney World with no problems. I can't imagine doing that now. Tim and I took a walk last night, and I was hurting by the time we got back home. I want to enjoy DW, so we're going to have a wheelchair for when I need it.

This is my 29th year of teaching, plus I had a partial year of subbing after I graduated. I'll need 120 days next year to officially retire with 30 years. It will seem pretty weird not being there next year, but I really don't see a big change in my condition. I wish this most recent medicine would have done more than it has.

Susan, how nice to get the roses! Sharing them with Seamus was a neat idea. I can't imagine the pain you are still feeling. I wish I could give you a hug. Maybe some day I will!! And you are all finished!! Woo hoo!!! Have fun in SA. Behave yourself!

Hello to everyone else!!

fat1outof3
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I have posted and I think it's because I have felt a little like Karla. By the way Karla, thanks for asking questions because if it weren't for you, I would probably never have asked. Tina, Tammy, and Susan, thank you for sharing. I feel that I now understand you all.

My name is Jennifer and I live in CT. I have been married for 3 years and I don't have any children. We have been trying to conceive for the last 3 years with no success. I joined WW to lose weight, hoping that it would improve our chances of conceiving since our next step would be insemination. I don't know if that's something that I would want to do. I have two sisters (I'm the middle child) and growing up, they were always thinner than me and my family made sure I knew about it.

Susan, I am so sorry for the loss of your child. I truly feel for you and wish you only the best. I think I would feel the same as you about having other children. I know how you feel about seeing other babies and trying to cope with your loss. I get very depressed when I find out that friends or family members get pregnant when we've been trying so hard. My sister just gave birth to her 3rd daughter in April and that was very hard.

Tammy, I didn't realize how you had gotten hurt. I've read other posts but didn't know what Fibromyalgia was or how you had gotten it. I think that retiring will take so much stress away and you will finally be able to concentrate on yourself.

Tina, what a great idea for you all to get together. You all seem like you've known eachother all your lives. It's nice to see how close you've become through just this website. Enjoy the pedicure. I have never gotten one but I've been told that it's one thing you must do in the summer.

Thanks for sharing everyone.

Tina
05-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Happy Thursday to everyone!!!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
It's such a beautiful day.
How is everyone's weather.
Karla, I see you are from RI. Is it still raining up there?
Hi Jennifer. It's good to have a name to go with a post. :)
Before I forget it......everyone who has not submitted a photo, please put one on our photo thread. It is located at the top of the WW Weigh-In & Countdown. They put a sticky on it for us.
If you have any trouble posting one, just send me a PM.

The pedicure------it was heavenly!!! I highly recommend one. You can get them for next to nothing. Larry (husband) gave me a gift card to a local spa and so I go there. Boy, talk about royal treatment. They pamper you from the moment you walk in. I sit there with a large cup of Diet Coke and a recent magazine and let them take care of my tootsies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am a Native Texan. We are a rare breed now. Hopefully I will never live in any other state. (Would, of course, love to move to Grand Cayman but that won't ever happen. ;) )

Susan, I'm so sorry you had to go through that pain yesterday. I am happy that you are out of school now. Get a pedicure and enjoy SA. Go to Barn Door and eat one of their big salads for me.
Tammy, be careful on your walks. You don't want to mess things up before your trip. Tell us more about the graduation party you're giving Tim. What are you serving?????

Everyone else------post!

Tina
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey all,
Look on our photo thread and see Jennifer's photos there.

Jennifer, I can tell a difference in those two shots. Your face is a whole lot thinner now. Congratulations!!!!!
It's so nice to "see" you.

auntie
05-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi,

Jennifer and Karla, thanks for sharing about yourselves. Tina and Tammy are two of my dearest friends and it's all because of this website. It's nice because we share, laugh and cry together. We are so glad that you joined our group.

Jennifer, we were married 20 years when I found out I was pregnant. Talk about surprised! I figured it just wasn't going to happen. Seamus is my one and only. some days are harder than others. If I had to do it again, I would if I got to spend one more minute with him.

Karla, I'm Catholic too. I can't get over all the talk the DaVinci Code is getting. I haven't seen it or read the book. Seems like a pretty deep book and I like smut books :)

Tammy, I wish the meds would work more for you. Can they switch you to something else? Do massages help? I can't believe you are officially retiring next year! I'll never get too since they changed the retirement age here. Your years plus age have to equal 90 it was 80. My girlfriend bought 2 years because if you were at a certain point you could. It just added to how many more years I have to teach.

Tina, it was beautiful here today too. I'll have to talk my folks into the Barn Door. Last couple of times they went they said it wasn't as good. They've gone forever and know someone there.

Well get this, Pat left this morning, I was waiting for him to get up. I finally got up and couldn't find him. It was 8:30, so I looked and he had showered. I called out and there was no answer. I called his cell phone, he answered and said "Everything is done, (meaning all animals were fed) I just wanted you to sleep." I layed back down and slept until 10. Then I went and got a manicure and pedicure, then my hair colored and then a 20 minutes massage. Talk about a spoiled day. Actually the massage is because I can't seem to get rid of a headache.

I go to the ENT tomorrow. I plan on giving him an earful. I'll let you know if I will be switching doctors. I know my head hurts because of my allergies!

I have tomatoes growing already and I'm not eating them very fast. Wish ya'll were close so I could share.

Tammy
05-25-2006, 11:24 PM
We had nice weather for our picnic today. Not long after school was out we had rain and hail. Glad we weren't at the park when that came through!!

For Tim's party we are having meat and cheese trays, vegie trays, chips, cake, and drinks. There will be a woman there to take care of things so I can just visit and enjoy myself.

Jennifer, I think my doctor is hoping that the stress will lessen and my BP will go down once I retire. Last night I felt some relief just knowing that I'll be finished. Of course if I have a miraculous recovery over the summer, I'll be back there in the fall for 120 days. I don't think that will happen though.

Susan, the doctor just switched the one med. It has been helpful to so many people. I'm hoping that maybe after I'm on it for a while it will help more than it has. I've only been on it 2-3 weeks. I've had one massage, and it was so painful that I'm afraid to try again. Someone at school asked me today if they should plan a retirement party for me since I probably won't be back next year. Never thought about it. I don't think I really want one though. I just want to be out of there. I think I like Ohio's retirement system better than yours. I'll be 51 and retired! Is that crazy or what? If I was healthier and if the administration might have been different, maybe I would have gone longer.

Tell Pat thank you for me for letting you sleep in. Wish someone would get Kramer to let me sleep in!! He never goes to anyone else to go out in the mornings. Silly dog.

Well, I need to get some sleep. Glad tomorrow is Friday.

friendlykat4u
05-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Wow, thanks everybody for sharing your stories.

Susan, I'm so sorry about your baby, I had tears in my eyes just reading about it. :hug: I can't even imagine what you went thru and still go thru. It's nice to know you have such a good circle of friends in here. You can count me in your circle if you want. :) I see you're also a teacher, you must be glad school is over, enjoy your break!

You'd probably enjoy DaVinci Code, just take it with a grain of salt. I know it's a work of fiction so I didn't get too worked up about it. As it is, I have a hard time believen things that are supposed to be facts, let alone a fiction book! :D

Jennifer, hi neighbor!:D How do you like this New England weather?! :p Well today was nice, from what I could see on the office windows...lol. It's been hellish week at work. It always is, end of the month in the mortgage business is a nightmare! We can't even take vacation around that time, they won't allow it unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

Thank you for sharing your story too. I've been married 3 1/2 yrs and no kids either, unless you count my husband and myself. :lol: We're two big kids!

Tammy, as soon as I read your post I went to WebMD and read about fybromyalgia. I'm sorry you have to go thru that. I hope things get a little better, here's a hug for you! :hug:

Tina, I'm glad you enjoyed your pedicure, the tootsies must be so happy now! I gotta look thru my photos and find one to post on the other thread.

It stopped raining for now, but I heard there's more rain coming tomorrow! It doesn't want to end, I'm going to be growing fins soon!

auntie
05-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Hey ya'll,

Karla, Thanks for being so sweet! I do consider you a friend too. Send some of that rain down this way. We need it! I might have to check the book out. I always try to read something during the summer.

I'm a deaf ed. teacher. I have 5 students (middle school) that are hearing impaired and mentally ******ed. To be honest, it is my passion! I'll have my kids again next year so I'll known where to start next year.

Tammy, you should try a massage again and tell them that you are very sensitive to touch. It might help. I can't believe that Tim is graduating. We are so proud of him!!! Send some pictures of him.

Oh yea, us Texans are VERY PROUD of being Texans!!!! I'm a native too!!

Tina
05-26-2006, 06:46 PM
It's hot! I don't like hot. However, I like hot more than cold.
It's been a nice day. I've eaten so healthy. :lol: I haven't had time to exercise. :o I'll do that tomorrow.

Any plans for the holiday weekend? Canadians don't have Monday off. Sorry about that. :)

Tammy
05-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Karla, I think after the superintendent read the brochure that I gave him about Fibro, he understood a little bit more what I've been going through. I guess maybe I should have passed out information to the rest of the staff too. I know some of them still don't think that I have anything wrong with me.

Susan, someone else told me about a lady near here who does massages and she is very gentle. Works with alot of people with various illnesses. I may have to give her a try. I don't know how to send pictures!! We have the digital camera now, and I have no idea how to do much of anything with it. I can take pictures, but that's about it.

Tina, I don't like hot or cold. lol Not much planned for the weekend except Tim's grad. party. I guess that's enough!!

Came home from school today and went straight to the bed. I slept 2 1/2 hours. I felt better when I woke up, but I honestly think I could go to bed now and sleep all night.

maureen kempster
05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Good evening everyone
I've been here lurking, just not posting.Tammy, are you still going to the Y? I just don't have the time-I haven't been out on the roller blades since last sunday because we've been getting lots of rain here. Tomorrow I hope

Tina, we Canadians had last monday off for "Vicotria Day"-
I'm not a sports fan, but our Edmonton Oiler hockey team is playing Anaheim Mighty Ducks right now-if the Oilers win they play for the stanley cup-It sure would be nice if they could win it!
I booked my flight for Ottawa last week- I go for 10 days leaving Aug 19-I'm really looking forward to this holiday.
Well, I hope all you ladies(newbies too) have a great rest of the weekend-Oh, yeah-I'm still at 20lb lost and today is 3 months of no smoking!!! Hurray for me & all of us

see you all later
maureen

Tammy
05-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Maureen, I didn't make it to the Y during the week, but I was there last Saturday. Too many things going on during the week. This week we have class Tues, Wed, and Thurs. That will be the end of this session, then the next one starts in a couple weeks.

My son went to a Columbus Blue Jackets game this year (his favorite team) and they played the Oilers! Tim just informed me that Columbus won. My nephew played hockey from when he was pretty small, all the way through high school. He was very good. We thought maybe he'd go to college on a scholarship for hockey, but he ended up going to a technical school for computers. He had worked at Arby's when Tim did, and now he is working at a Dell Computer store and doing very well. The manager has been very impressed with his sales and knowledge and he has only been there 2 months.

No school tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll spend it being lazy. I like that. lol

Tina
05-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi,
Maureen, I'm glad you had a holiday, too.
Tammy, how was the graduation party? It was this weekend, wasn't it!
Susan, are you back from SA?
We are having a good weekend. We ate lunch at a salad place today. I feel like a rabbit. :lol:

Tammy
05-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Tina, the party was today and everything turned out fine!! The caterer pulled in at 3 minutes till 3:00. Open House was from 3-6. Luckily no one was there yet. I was nervous about that, then I decided that we weren't going to have enough food. We had plenty! We have lots of meat, cheese, vegies, and cake leftover. I know what my lunches will be this week. Tim received lots of gifts for college - towels, laundry basket, variety of supplies to use for classes, and money that will go into his savings account.

I love salads, so I"m sure I would have liked your lunch. I think I'm ready to go to bed. Tim is already snoozing.

Tina
05-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi all,
Did we all make it through the long weekend?
I started a new leaf today. I've been so OP that it hurts. :lol: I made some 0 pt. veggie soup and had that for lunch. I splurged this afternoon and had 8 marshmallows in my non-fat hot chocolate. That was so good!
For supper I'm fixing some stirfry chicken and onions and mix it into some brown rice. We'll have a large green salad and a can of green beans. (I'd rather be going out for Chinese! :) )

What's going on?
Susan, how did your visit with the ENT go?

Tammy
05-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Tina, you asked if we made it through the weekend. You should have seen me yesterday after the party on Sunday. I could hardly get out of bed. I spent all day either in bed or in the recliner. I hurt and was so weak. Today I was still sore, but I went to school. Came home and slept 1 1/2 hours. Didn't go to the Y and I should have. I know the water would have helped me feel better. I'll go tomorrow night.

Tim has been writing thank you notes most of the day. He is doing some laundry now.

Hello to everyone!!

auntie
05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm back!!! I got home last night. I had a good time in San Antonio. My nephew graduated on Friday and then the party was on Saturday. Nick got money and more money!!!! I remember when we got luggage! He is going to stay home and go to the jr. college and keep working at the theater.

My trip to the ENT was interesting. The nurse did her stuff and the doctor walked in. He asked how I was doing and I said "well to be honest, I'm frustrated...... I called in Feb. blah blah blah, called when I had my nose broken and was told you wouldn't see me even if I paid myself, then on the 9th of May I called and was told I could be seen on the 31st. I don't understand why I should be coming to you when I am always sent back to my GP. She sent me to you and so far you've done nothing. He apologized and said it was unacceptable. I said "I realize you are busy, because I was told that by your nurse." He said "I want to know why I was not given this information. I had NO IDEA your nose had been broken." So he said, I hope you will give me another chance and I can promise you I will get to the bottom of this. In the long run, I still have a sinus infection but in the tissue, I'm on mega doses of antibiotics which is causing dirrahea (sorry for too much information) then steriods. I'm going have allergy testing again next week. So I'm to hold off on the steriods until after the testing. That nurse said "call me if you get an infection in the future and I'll take care of it." Oh and I have new eye drops so my eyes are not watering so bad.

I had a reality check in San Antonio. One of my nephews (he is 4) patted my stomach and said "I want to pat the new baby." I had to say there is no new baby. I had just eaten and was leaning back on the couch. Needless to say, "i'm going to work really hard on it"

My girlfriend got us massages for today. It was a surprise. Then on the way home I had a blow out. Luckily, I was ok. I called Road Rescue and was told it would be an hour. A lady and 2 young teenage boys stopped and started changing my tire. Then they called to say "someone would be out in 10 minutes." They were out there pretty quick! I gave the boys $20 for helping me. They didn't want to take it but I told them how nice it was.

Well, I've talked your ears off so I'll post more later.

Tammy
05-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Welcome home Susan! Come up here on Sunday and help me get through Tim's graduation!!! That does sound interesting at the ENT!!! Hope things are going to be better for you now. I need to try a massage again sometime with another person. That first one that I had really hurt. That's nice that those people stopped to help you! There are good people in the world.

Aerobics was good tonight. I needed to be in the water. We have it again tomorrow night too. (a make-up class)

Last day for kids tomorrow. Yes, I am smiling.

Tina
05-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Hi,
I hope everyone is doing great tonight.
Susan, welcome home! I'm sure that ENT nurse will get an earfull from the dr. I hope you feel better soon.

Tammy, I still can't believe that Tim is graduating. After all these years.......
Rest up so you feel good. I wish I could be there.

Jennifer, Karla, Terry, how are y'all doing?
Sis, are you still with us?
Mimi and Maureen, how is the weather up there?
We had major storms yesterday and today. We just got a little rain where I live. I'm ready for it to stop now. :lol:

I'm hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow. How about everyone else?

fat1outof3
06-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone. I hope you all had a nice long weekend. I attended party after party. I'm actually glad it's over. I don't think I did too well this weekend. We'll see at my WI this afternoon. My husband and I purchased bicycles last weekend so we could go out riding. Plus they'll be great for when we go camping this summer in RI.

Susan, I give you credit for telling that doctor how you felt. Many people wouldn't do that. I can't remember how many times I've had problems with doctors and never said anything.

We're supposed to be getting some heavy rain today and showers tomorrow and Saturday. There goes my weekend.

auntie
06-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Morning,

Thanks for the great welcome home! We have a few sprinkles here. We need a good rain!

Tina, are ya'll ok? I saw all of your rain down your rain!

Tammy, I would love to come and help out with Tim's party. It's funny at graduation my 12 year old nephew said "you are the only one crying, even momma isn't, Nommie (my mom) or Amy. Why are you crying?" I wanted to say for many reasons but didn't. I just laughed.

I'm waiting for the window replacement people to come replace a window in Pat's truck so I can take it go get it inspected.

Jennifer, don't worry about the weekend. I haven't down to hot myself. I need to just stop eating!!!! I gained about 7 pounds being at home.

Ok, let's get it together and get some of this weight off!!!

fat1outof3
06-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Susan, I'm with you, lets get this weight off! Did we start a new challenge? I need some motivation here, how about anyone else?

auntie
06-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm up for a challenge. Anyone else?? We can do a grand total goal? Should we say 10 pounds?

Tammy
06-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Susan, we had Tim's party last Sunday. I need you and everyone else here to help me get through the graduation ceremony. I know I'll be a basket case. He said they have a slide presentation that shows a picture of each graduate when they were much younger (baby-preschool age), they read what that person's plans are, and something else but I can't remember. Anyway, at the end of the graduates (only 85 of them) they are doing a small tribute to two of their classmates who have passed away. One died between 5th and 6th grade. He had organ transplants, and he never really got better. His grandparents lived next to us at the old house. The other boy committed suicide last year. He had broken up with his girlfriend. Both were good kids. I know that will be tough.

10 pounds sounds good. I haven't even weighed for a while. It is TOM right now for the first time since the end of March. Not a pleasant experience. Too crampy.

I am officially finished with school for the year. I won't know for sure about next year until I see how I feel over the summer. I know doing the intervention would be better than being in a classroom, but I'm just not sure what to do.

Yesterday was the students' last day. I was giving out the last of the certificates. A hug or a handshake was "required" before they could get this certificate. I'm mean you know. Tears started then (mine and kids). I then told them what is happening with me next year since they knew I wouldn't be in that classroom. One of the boys said, "So this could REALLY be your last day of school!!!" Well, that did it. I started crying and sobbing. So did the kids. We were a mess as we left. When the teacher next door saw us, he started crying too. We have gotten along so well together.

One of the boys who had given me a handshake came back in from his bus to give me a hug. As we watched the buses leave (we always do "the wave" to them), kids from my class were still crying. One little guy yelled, "I love you Mrs. Cline!" Oh my. That and the crying kids from my class got some of the other teachers crying.
We were all ready for the weekend. My room is cleaned out. I turned in my keys.

friendlykat4u
06-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone! I haven't been on the computer for days. How's everyone doing?

Tina, I'm with you I don't like hot, but I don't like cold either, I don't like anything! :D LOL Seriously, I'm originally from Guatemala and the weather there was always very mild and dry. Now I'm either freezing or cooking myself! I hate the snow, I can put up with the cold, but the snow makes a mess of everything. I don't care how pretty it looks at 1st, it gets yucky fast and I'm so paranoid about driving in it. Then the heat rolls around and here comes humidity... double yuck! What am I doing in the Northeast?! LOL

Tammy, OMG that must have been so emotional with your kids and the other teachers. I'm sure your kids really got attached to you and you to them as well. I'd have been a basket case too if I had been there.

You must be so proud of Tim, he sounds like a great kid. Is he going to college around your area? I'm sure the graduation will be very emotional too, you'll be ok :hug:

Maureen how do you like roller blading? I was thinking about getting me a pair and one for my husband. Is it difficult? I've never used them before, and I've never ice skated either. Do you need a lot of coordination?

Susan welcome home! Glad you had a nice time in SA. I didn't know you had broken your nose! I thought you had a sinus infection. Do you have problems with your nose?

Leave it to kids to be brutally honest huh? :D

Jennifer I'm up for a challenge too. I have a 4th of July one and it's looking kind of tough right now.

friendlykat4u
06-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm going to start a new thread for June, time sure is flying, I can't believe we're in June already!