Old 05-01-2006, 02:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/141/125

Default Dance Dance Revolution

Has anyone tried any fitness video *games*??? I just got Dance Dance Revolution (DDR for short, for those who have never heard is a dancing video game) The one I just got as a present has a workout mode in which you can set a calorie goal and it also gives you the workout you did as an equivalent to jogging, jumping rope or swimming which is kind of cool. I just got it tonight and so far I suck! But I look forward at improving. I burned 100 calories tonight without even focusing on "exercising". Kinda' cool. Anyone's thoughts? Have you tried it? Let me know.
KriWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #2  
I love WATP!

S/C/G: 169/165/135

I have DDR and the first couple days I had it I did the work out part of it. I havent done it in awhile though (besides playing with friends!) but I might start. It def is something fun and you dont really realize your working out.
~ Jamie ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #3  

Cool, I was doing it this morning and definately got the sweat flowing. I wish they had some that made you move a lot but didn't get so complicated. I don't want to have to do the slowest song to be able to beat the levels. I was just in the regular game part but they make you quit if you suck, which so far I do, so I went back to workout mode where they let you keep going. I'll keep everyone updated as to whether I continue with it or if the novelty wears off. So far seems like a great alternative to watching movies all the time and an awesome supplement to my gym workouts.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #4  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

Hubby and I do this at night about 3-4 times a week. It's a good workout for me and it's "quality" time for us. So far we've tried about 4 of the 5 games available for PS2.

I was really bad when we first started about a month or so ago. But I'm getting better. I can do pretty much any song on Light mode, and am getting good on Standard mode. I am still definately far from being in any competitions, that's for sure.

I just strap on my heart rate monitor and start dancing. When I want to stop (which is usually somewhere after an hour but before two hours) I check how many calories I've burned and enter that as my exercise.

Don't worry, you'll get better.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I have the one for Gamecube (the Mario version) but it doesn't have workout mode. I've been considering getting the one for PS2 but I'm holding out for a sale. The one store near me usually sales bundles with the game and 2 dance pads. Can't wait!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:45 AM   #6  

Very cool...it's awesome to hear that other people are doing this too. I would definately appreciate any tips. I love being in my own home working up a sweat and not even realizing that I'm exercising. I already feel like I'm getting better...the heart rate monitor is also a great idea...thanks!