Hello I am a newbie with about 20 pounds to lose. I have
done the induction period on the atkins before and then
never lasted much beyond that.

If you lose your target weight on the Atkins and then switch
to a low fat/low calorie diet will you gain weight back or
could you maintain??

mommyof1
04-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Well before doing ww I did Atkins and lost 16 pounds on induction for about 8 wks then I switched to doing weight watchers and I have lost about 10 pounds more. So I think you can still lose weight, doing low fat after Atkins.

RobinW
04-29-2006, 07:16 PM
yes, you will still loose weight.

hockeyfan7
05-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I switched to Weight Watchers after doing Atkins -- don't ask me why because I don't know -- but I gained back 45 lbs. And it's taken me a year of playing around with other plans to lose most of those back -- I still have 10 of them on.

So I'm back to Atkins for good.

catcookie
05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Man hockeyfan7, I thought I was the only one who played around with
other plans and lost and gained the same 10 pounds for a year.
But, it's good to know that you can switch to another plan (as long as you
follow it) and still lose or mantein.

rebeleagle1965
05-15-2006, 11:27 PM
I tried to switch for a few days, and gained back 3 lbs. I know it's not much, but I'm terrified of ruining what I've worked for so far. From what everyone tells me, when you go off Atkins, you're probably going to gain back about 5 lbs, no matter how strict your new diet is, simply because re-introducing carbs will make you retain water again. After that, it's up to you. I see success stories all the time from people on other plans, so whatever works for you-whatever you can live with permanently, is the best plan.

JerseyGyrl
05-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi Carbmama:wave: :wel3fc: You've come to a great place for advice & support!

Speaking for myself, Atkins has been the way to go. That being said, no matter what plan you choose, the most important thing to remember is this, losing weight & maintaining that loss requires a LIFESTYLE change. Our previous lifestyle (way of eating) is what got us to the point we were at when we decided it was time to do something about it. If we change our lifestyle...we change our life. For me, Atkins is my lifestyle. This is the way I will eat for the rest of my life.

Whatever plan you choose to follow, make it a lifestyle change & you will be successful:balloons:

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!

Kim