WW Clubs and Groups - Turtles in the Race #156

View Full Version : Turtles in the Race #156

Itryharder
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM
:carrot: :welcome3:
We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race betweeen the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
04-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi Turtles,
It looks like lots of us are chipping away at our excess weight and doing it the Turtle way--slow and steady. Weigh to go! I am inspired by you all and I need to keep on remembering to take baby steps. I believe even turtles who take baby steps can get there holding heads high and proud.
Judy :grouphug:

Princess1122
04-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Morning all!

Well even though I have been eating within my points this week I have not made the best choices... not enough fruits and veggies and too many packaged snacks... the scale is not moving so I guess its time to snap out of it and eat right.

Very busy weekend a head and kind of a stressful one so I am almost looking forward to next Monday :dizzy: It will be a fun one but stressful none the less. We are having a large party to celebrate my moms 70th and my brothers 50th birthdays and it is a surprise so thing have been really crazy.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
04-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Princess,
I read about the surprise party coming up in our last thread and I've been thinking about you! :goodvibes: and :grouphug: to help you get through all the chaos, even though it's fun chaos, and come out of the weekend feeling really good about yourself.
Judy

Princess1122
04-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Happy Friday!

Judy: Many thanks! These kinds of things are a ton of fun but boy you can get really worn out with all of the running around and stress of trying to get everyone where they need to be when they need to be there :D

Ok well I am off at noon today so I won't be back on line until Monday morning.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess

mousie
04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi Turtles, just a quick check-in.

I'm holding steady at 271.5; my body LOVES this weight, I swear. I haven't been careful with food choices for the last couple of weeks, but it's holding steady. Weird. I've been here since mid-February...is this a plateau? I prefer "maintenance", since I'm not actually trying to lose. I'm just holding on.

We've been to the marriage counselor twice now. He's a great guy, he really is, and I think he can help us. I'm going to have to go through some deep, painful things I have not yet dealt with, though, and that's going to be ****. And yes, he does actually think that my emotional state ties in DIRECTLY with how my body handles and processes food--my weight is a result of my emotional state. Huh. We'll see.

I'm hopeful that this will get us both where we want to go. :crossed:

Have good days, Turtles, and keep on keepin' on.

Itryharder
04-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Mousie, :love:
Thanks so much for the update. I'm so glad that you and your dh have made the effort to get to a counselor and I hope he has the wisdom to steer you both in the right direction. :goodvibes: Isn't it weird how your body holds onto this particular weight? It's much like the "set point" theory that has been espoused in the past.
Take care, have a good weekend.
Everybody do well and chime in when you can. After 4 days of very good eating, I have finally lost 1/2#. That's a lot better than gaining a pound a day which is what had been happening. Somehow my body hasn't figured out that you need 3500extra calories to gain a pound and puts the pounds on willy nilly as soon as I go a little off program. Oh enough about me! I'm sending :grouphug: to us all--the turtles on their quest for fitness!
Judy Itry

bandit2
04-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi turtles:

Hope you are all doing well today.

Had my w/i last night & was down .4# (not much but in right direction) and went to curves this morning. I had my w/i & measurements done & was down enough from last month to get a T-shirt & my name put on the wall.
I use my ww as my offical weight tracker though. But hopefully will now be back on some sort of routine with excercsing. As I said before, that really seems to help me lose & stay motivated.

So far today have been OP and am feeling alittle tired, so will probably have a quick nap.

Tomorrow and going to dinner/movie with my cousin since her husband is away at hockey tournament - so will have to prepare for that. And of course, I am having my popcorn!

Mousie - hope you and your husband get everything all figured out. And yes, stress really affects everything.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss. Good for you!

So, turtles everyone have a great OP, water drinking, exercising weekend.

Talk soon.

Princess1122
05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Morning all!

Well we went to W/I saturday morning before we headed up north for the party... DH was down another 4.2 and I was down 3.6, DH hit his 10% mark and I have about 7lbs left to hit mine. Very happy about that!

Party went great! They were surprised and it went off without complications!

Mousie: Prayer and thoughts are with you, best wishes for a successful solution.

Have to run but will be back later to catch up more and respond.

Princess

bandit2
05-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Princess - congrats on such a great weight loss! That is fabulous - good dor you.

Ariana2000
05-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Hello Ladies. Sorry I've been out for a while. I've been SO busy. First down to Phoenix two weekends ago for my sister's birthday, and then my parents came here this weekend, and work has been a little nutty. I worked a double (8 am to midnight) on Thursday, and I'm just recovering.

The good news is that I'm down another .9 pounds as of my last weigh-in. It sounds like Princess's Monday is going well -- how about everyone else?

Itryharder
05-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Turtles,
Ariana,
so good to hear from you. I think it's fabulous :cp: :bravo: that you lost another pound while you've been so busy. :carrot: Weigh to go, girl.

Princess,
Okay, you obviously are doing something very right! :bravo: :cheer: to continue to lose so well. Your whole family is doing great and I have a feeling you are the motivator behind them. Weigh to go. You're so close to your 10% goal. Terrific!

Bandit, Mousie, and Lauren, keep up the good work. Here's a :grouphug: to help us all keep on doing the right thing.

As for me, my head has not been in the right place and I also hurt my leg so exercise is out for a bit. Hopefully by the end of this week, I'll be ship shape.
Today I feel I can do this and I'm aiming for good, not perfection. That may help. I love to hear of successes, so keep on writing. It's great to know that the turtles are doing well.
Love,
Judy

Princess1122
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Judy and Bandit: many thanks!

Well I have also joined the 4th of July challenge... goal is to lose 15 by the 4th of July... that will put me into Onederland:carrot: really hoping to make that. That will make it all seem like I am actually getting somewhere. Funny how we really rely on the scale for affirmation, I know we should not but I do.

So how is everyone doing this week?

Princess

bandit2
05-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi turtles:

Have stayed OP so far this week & went to Curves last night. My girlfriend is coming for dinner tonight & we are having cabbage rolls I made and they are pretty point-friendly so looking forward to that.

My challenge this week is on Friday. BF is having staff lunch for after tax-time & it is at chinese buffet. So have been extra strick this week & am planning on getting in some extra exercise on weekend.

My w/i is tomorrow so hoping for some kind of loss.

Hang in there, everyone!

Have a good OP day.

Ariana2000
05-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Thank you, Judy. I wish it would go faster, but at least it is going somewhere -- before I started counting points again and doing the Wendie plan, I was yo-yoing in a tight range of 2 or 3 pounds. Now I'm at an all-time low, and still going down (slowly but surely.)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Judy. I hope things improve, and soon.

Princess -- you *are* getting somewhere. Every little bit helps.

Bandit -- you are doing the right thing, knowing about upcoming temptations, and being "extra good" now -- of course, you won't have free rein at the buffet, but it will be easier and less restrictive this way!

Good luck all -- my weigh-in is tonight, so wish me luck too! :D

Ariana2000
05-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Hey ladies, just a quick post to brag unabashedly. :D I've lost another 1.2 pounds, and I'm down to 169.4. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I had to tell my buddies here...anyway, back to grocery lists and dinner...

bandit2
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Ariana - excellent! Keep it going!

Princess1122
05-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Way to go Ariana!!!! Great job!

Princess

Princess1122
05-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Oh I am so happy that it is Friday! I am ready for the weekend and it is supposed to be fairly nice out :carrot:

Well the scale has not budged all week, as a matter of fact this morning it was up two pounds... not looking good for W/I tomorrow morning. Oh well, all's I can do it keep on chugging along.

How is everyone doing today?

Princess

Itryharder
05-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, I remember the last time your weight went up before your WI and yet your WI was fine, so hang in there. :goodscale: These daily fluctuations are mind boggling but as long as you keep on doing the right things, you'll get there.
Hey, can I join the July 4th challenge? Losing 15# would be a very good thing for me to do!!!! Good luck to you.

Bandit, I love to hear you planning ahead for challenges and taking such a responsible and thoughtful attitude :idea: toward losing weight. This is fabulous!
:bravo: I hope your WI went well.

Ariana, :cp: :cp: you're doing great! Keep up the good work.

You gals are inspirational and I love to check in here. I'm ready to join the turtles in my head again. Now I have to fight back the challenges and just take the baby steps to do it. I can't exercise right now because I hurt my leg, but there's no need to stuff my face because my leg hurts. So, onward and downward. I am looking forward to getting this fluff off. (ANd Princess, I've got 15 pounds to go to get into onederland and this time I'm doing it!)

good luck to us all :grouphug: and :goodvibes:
Judy

bandit2
05-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi turtles:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. At my w/i this week I was up 1.2# - not off to a good start for weekend. Yesterday, was our chinese buffet & I know I was over my points for the day. So, have to make good choices for rest of weekend.

Tim Hortons has a yogurt with fruit in it - tried that yesterday for 1st time and it was really good = 3 points. So will have that again. Quick breakfast when needed.

Anyway, have a great turtle day!!

Princess1122
05-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Judy: You sure can join the July 4th challenge... there is a thread over on the General forum thread... see you there!

W/I did not go well at all on Saturday... up 2.4 but since I have a few things going on I was not too surprised so I am ok with it and will move on. It is that TOM for me, started on Saturday morning no less :mad: and DH and I both quit smoking on May 1st so we knew that would effect our weight loss while our bodies adjusted... he gained .8 and I gained 2.4... hardly seems fair when you look at the numbers but like I said it could have been way worse.

Currently on week 2 of not smoking and no longer using the patch so the junk is working it's way out of my body and I am feeling pretty good, grumpy, but good :D

How was everyones weekend?

Princess

bandit2
05-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Princess: Good for you for quitting smoking! I am an ex-smoker myself and have been off them for almost 9 years, best thing I ever did but also the hardest. Good luck.

Foodwise my weekend was awful. Lots of no/no things. My tummy feels nasty and all bloated. Why do we do these things to ourselves?

Today, am eating light and having some extra fruit and tons of water. Will feel better tomorrow.

Hope everyone did better than myself over the weekend. Bye for now.

Princess1122
05-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Bandit: Wow! 9 Years! That is just too great! I have quit a million times and one time quit for 4 years but things got stressful and they are so easy to fall back on when things get rough... almost as easy as running to the kitchen :dizzy: but we are very committed this time and with the price so high both in money and in health it is a good motivator to stay off of them for good.

Thanks!

Princess

Ariana2000
05-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Princess, Bandit,Judy -- thank you, ladies! I am so excited to be moving forward.

Princess: don't let it discourage you. Quitting smoking has an effect on weight loss, but it's still INCREDIBLY important. Plus, not smoking makes it easier to exercise, which makes it easier to lose weight... And of course, not smoking is good for your health and your life in general. Knock 'em dead!

Bandit -- sorry about the weight gain, but don't let it bother you too much. You can get back on track for the weekend. Maybe it would help to think about why you do these kind of things on the weekend? (I seem to remember that was a recurring problem, or was that Judy? My head hurts -- I'm sleep deprived.) ANYWAY, sometimes it's just a programmed stimulus-response (like stress eating, or eating around family) that is easier to avoid when we recognize it. I still haven't mastered the eating well around my family, but they luckily live in another city. I have avoided junk food today, which is the worst Monday I can remember in a long time, and the yelling for junk food is much quieter. It used to be worse, but once I started losing weight again, it was easier to remind myself that junk food would only temporarily make me feel better, and in a short while I'd feel sick to my stomach, etc. (I still do it on Saturday, but that's my super-high-day on the wendie plan, when I get ot use most of my flex points. In general, I avoid it.) Not judging, just a thought, sweetie. I wish you the best of luck. The fruit and water and eating light should help, I agree.

Well, ladies, today is the epitomy of a No Good Very Bad Day (remember the children's book?) My neighbors keep waking me up at night, and I have trouble going back to sleep...I've been sleep deprived for weeks, but this weekend seems particularly bad. Right now my head aches and I'm exhausted and I'm jonesing for coffee with cream and sugar, the whole nine yards and 3 points. Oi. (I do at least have that left for the day, so we'll see.)

Anyway, ladies, have a good day, time to get back to work!

bandit2
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Ariana - thanks for the advice. And yes, it is me with the over indulgences and socializing we do. Always seems to be something going on, but that really is no excuse for making bad choices. For the most part, there are healthier choices I could make and that should & will be my focus when faced with temptations.

Last night I went to Curves then made ww soup & will have that for lunches and appetizer for dinners this week. Helps to fill me up & is zero points.
And, bonus, I really like it as well.

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Have a great OP turtle day!

Princess1122
05-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Ariana: love the WW soup! What a life saver that is!

Hi all!

Not much new here... DH and I have stepped up the walks a bit and walked for over 4 miles last night so that is a good thing and that will keep up for a few weeks and then we will step it up again... we are hoping to do the Indianapolis Mini Marathon this time next year... 13.1 miles :carrot: and you can run or walk, but I will most likely walk, I have never been a runner.

Have to run but will check back soon.

Princess

Itryharder
05-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi Turtles,
Has anyone gone through something like this? I eat something that I know shouldn't result in a real gain (shrimp and veggies and brown rice at a Chinese restaurant) but the fake gain from MSG/salt shoots my weight up about two pounds. Then I have to WI and face a phony "gain" on the scale.
That ticks me off and I binge to say something like, "Oh yeah! Well, if I've got the gain, at least I'll deserve it." Now as I type this I realize how incredibly immature--maybe seven year oldish--this sounds======and yet I do it time and time again. I am trying very hard by using the turtle philosophy to keep on a sure and steady track. These last few months I've been off track much more than I can be to be successful and I know there is something "eating at me" that I haven't dealt with yet. Today I promise to write for a few minutes and see what I have to tell myself that I really don't want to deal with. Honestly, sometimes I just think I want to eat. Pure and simple---nothing complicated--just that food is interesting and easy to obtain and I'm a good cook, etc. etc. But then I have to banish that thought because I realize that eating to excess makes me feel guilty and that there is something underneath bugging me. Whew! Thanks!!!!!! for listening. By the weigh, I lost two pounds by staying much closer to what I am supposed to eat. I also boosted protein intake and that helped me feel better. So, enough about me!

We've got lots of good news here.
First of all, Princess :cp: :cp: :cheer: :bravo: to you and your dh for quitting smoking. To do this while you're also tackling your weight means to me that you're ready to grab onto good health and a fit lifestyle. I also applaud your walking efforts. 4 miles is a lot! When I can treadmill, I work up to three and am very happy doing that. So--what a wonderful aim to walk a thirteen mile marathon next year. Sounds very cool. :tread:

Ariana,thanks for the tips about stress :idea: and overeating or eating in old situations. Although it was directed to BAndit, she and I often share the problem of too much social activity and too many challenges. I've often gotten through many challenges in a week, and still not lost weight because I haven't successfully handled the other challenges. So a lot of this thinking is for the long haul--actually all of this thinking is for the long haul.

Bandit,
You're really doing great with so many social challenges. I love that you've incorporated Curves into your lifestyle and I love that you went ahead and made your WW soup. I think I've gotten into a pattern where each meal should be wonderful, and you know what? That's balderdash. I made myself a promise a long time ago that I wouldn't ever eat "diet foods" that I didn't like solely to lose weight. Well, maybe I've carried that a little too far. Not every meal has to be a masterpiece (OK, I'm exaggerating), so--for today I'm going to plan my meals and make them work for me.

Good luck to us all. We're a great group and offer a lot of hope.
Lauren and Mousie, keep in touch and know that there's a :grouphug: here for us all.
Love,
Judy

Pri

Princess1122
05-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Judy: I know how you feel.... boy I have been thru that more times then I care to admit... my heart goes out to you... I'm sorry that I have no words of wisdom for you, just know that we are all in the same boat.

Well it is going to rain here for like... well, forever! So I am not sure how much walking I will be getting in over the next few days but will try to get out there when ever I can.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
05-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Princess, thanks for listening. I hope you can walk between the raindrops!
We're expecting a lot of rain here==has been chilly and not good for walking.
Thanks for your nice response. Sometimes I wonder if it's just not worth trying anymore. Then I'll gain a lot of weight quickly and realize I don't have a choice. I have to do this. So, I'm feeling better again and have put together a few good days. I also got myself to the doctor about my leg and am hoping for a positive outcome. I really hope that this is just bursitis setting in over a yoga stretch that stretched too far. My doc was adorable and said, "Yes, yoga can be harmful to your health." Anyway, I'm in a better place and have started journaling about emotions which is where my problem is.
Love and good will to all. Keep strong :chef: and :tread: get us going in the right direction.
Judy

Princess1122
05-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Morning all!

Judy: I understand and have walked in your shoes... it is a very hard road to travel... I hope things get better for you very soon.

So how is everyone doing today? It is rainy here... again... and it is not supposed to stop anytime soon so I guess I need to make some indoor plans for this weekend.

W/I tomorrow and the scale is not budging... I just don't get it... I am watching my points and walking when ever I can, drinking water like there is no tomorrow and since I am over my TOM and it is week two of not smoking I really thought that I would see a drop... but it actually looks like I have gained again! Arg! It is very frustrating... but you know what... it does not change a thing, I am still going to be on WW still be walking when I can and still be a non-smoker so eventually I should see some results...

Have to run but will check back in later on.

Princess

mousie
05-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi Turtles, just checking in. It's been a hard three weeks, but I'm holding on. My weight is at 272.5--so I gained a pound, but considering that it's 3 days before TOM I'm not freaking out. Honestly, I'm not freaking out about it anyway. Considering everything else going on, 1 pound in three weeks, to me, counts as maintenance! ;)

We've had wonderful, deep, intense sessions with our marriage counselor, and we agree that he is good for us. He's the counselor we needed to find to help us get where we want to go. He's also helping me with dealing with my emotions, and working back to let go of some things that have happened between my husband and me. We found a glaring, painful link between my anger and my weight, and I think next week's session is going to be intense, too. I'm not comfortable with being angry and I strive always to contain it--hence the problem. It's going to come out somehow, and it's showing itself on my body! I keep journals and I have done for 20 years, so I can track what happened when and what my weight was at the time. Every disturbing incident (hubby and I had a ROUGH start to our marriage) corresponds directly with my weight gain. DUH! :rolleyes:

Now to figure out how to heal that and undo the damage. Ah, this is what we have counselors for, right?

Princess, smoking raises your metabolism just a little bit. So when you stop smoking, even if you don't change the amount you eat, you stand the change of gaining a bit til your body adjusts again. THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY ADVOCATING GOING BACK TO THE CIGARETTES!!! Smoking is far, far, far worse for your body than being overweight. Your body WILL adjust again. Add in a walk, or make your exercise 10 minutes longer each day. Give it time, and it'll figure itself out. And with the increased lung capacity and the increased heart health, your workouts will rock your world! :strong:

Everyone else, keep on keepin' on. I'm sure we'll all get there. "Never give up--never surrender!" ;)

Princess1122
05-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Monday and it is still raining here in Indy.... lordy, when is it going to stop, well according to the weather gal not until next year sometime :dizzy: Ok well that may be a bit extreme, we may see a bit of sun on Wednesday and then it is back to more rain.

Mousie: Thanks for the words of encouragment, they mean a lot to me. I am so happy that you are working things out with a third party for both your marriage and your health... I have always been an emotional eater also and I hold everthing inside... but boy when I have had enough everyone needs to watch out cause I will let it all fly out at once. Not healthy but just the way I am so I am envious that you are learning the proper way to deal with things, best wishes for continued success!

W/I was ok this week... down .4 but I will take what ever I can get at this point. I started the Wendie plan this week so we will see if that gets things going a bit faster.

Have to run but will check back soon.
Princess

bandit2
05-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone:

Was away since Thurs night with bf. We headed to Niargara for 1 night then to Windsor for 2. Got home last night. Had way too much stuff to eat along the way, but had great time in both casinos. Got in a swim but not much other exercise (except cutting grass last night).

Princess - congrats on your weight loss. Minus anything is great!

Hope everyone else is doing good as well.

Goal this week: get back on track, journal & go to curves.

Bye for now.

Ariana2000
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Hello Ladies! Last week was mad, mad, mad. The week that started out horribly last Monday just continued to be terrible, all week. I finally gave up and took Friday off to recoup. The good news is that I did lose *some* weight -- .6 pounds. I'm not happy that I seem to be grinding to a halt, but I am working on fine-tweaking my strategy, and hopefully that will get me back on track.

Princess -- let me know how things go on the Wendie plan. Any loss is a good loss (I have to keep reminding myself the same thing.)

Bandit -- I am sure you will get back on track this week. I have faith in you.

How is everyone else doing?

Have a good week, ladies!

Ariana2000
05-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey, I just realized -- if I can lose .8 pounds this week, I will officially be half-way to GOAL! (Goal = 130 pounds, so half-way is 38 pounds lost.)

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Princess1122
05-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Bandit: Thanks!

Ariana: Way to go! sure hope you get the numbers that you are looking for :carrot:

Well the company that I work for is going to be going out of business... not a good thing right now so it looks like I will be pounding the streets looking for another job... Oh well, everything happens for a reason... right?

Princess

Ariana2000
05-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Guess what ladies? :D I lost another pound this week, which puts me at HALF-WAY TO GOAL!!!!! I have now lost 38.2 pounds, with 37.8 to go!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I am so excited! I couldn't have done it without your support, advice and wisdom (and of course my stubborn determination and a great deal of difficult discipline, I'll take some credit too! :D)

Ariana2000
05-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Princess -- I am so sorry to hear that! It is rough, but I have a few tips for you, since I searched for a job for a while, and some key tips made a world of difference for me...you probably know a few of these, but it doesn't hurt to mention them. I looked for a job for a long time, until I sharpened some skills and changed some tactics and found quick successs...

1) Your resume might need revamping. Donald Asher's "The Overnight Resume" is an excellent and short book that you can use to create a great resume

2) Wherever you get interviews, do your homework about the company. Read everything you can on their website, find publicly accessible financial reports, etc. Print out your research and bring it with you in a binder -- work it into the conversation that the binder is full of research about them, and that you've read everything you can get your hands on, and you have a few questions, if they have time...and then ask every question they have time for (Have 10-20 prepared, and avoid yes/no questions.) Ask about their products, their strategy, their vision of the future, corporate culture, etc. Show that you have a passionate interest in the company, and what they stand for. Make sure the emphasis is on what you can do for them.

3) Make sure you have an interview suit, with a *skirt*. I hate suit skirts, but I wear them anyway, because you'll never know who will think you are wrong to wear pants to an interview -- I know this is sexist, but sometimes you have to swallow a little pride to excel in interviews. You can wear whatever you want (within the dress code) after you start.

4) Bring extra copies of your resume and references, preferably one for each interviewer. It shows that you think ahead, and you plan.

5) Check out the appendix to one of Harvey McKay's books (I believe it is the Swim with the Sharks without Being Eaten Alive one) -- there are great, polished answers to interview questions

6) Above all, be confident, and GOOD LUCK!

At my last (my successful) job interview, I walked in with said binder, enthusiasm for the company and its product, and they *still* talk about that big binder 7 months later. I was unproven, with no real technical experience, and only basic database skills, but I demonstrated real enthusiasm for the company and what they did, and I ended up with the job, and I LOVE IT. (It does of course drive me crazy sometimes, like it is now -- it's 7:45 pm on a Friday night and I'm STILL at work), but I still love it.

Good luck, Princess. Let us know how it goes.