Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Smile new to the board..

Hey everyone, I just registered here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alicia and I live in Missouri. I am in high school.

I have been a chubby kid my whole life, but in recent years I have gained quite a bit of weight. In the last 3 months, I have gained about 10 lbs. When i saw that on the scale, I was absolutely shocked and disturbed. Before that, I had been maintaining my weight, and although i was unhappy with it, i was just glad i wasnt gaining. Seeing that i was 10 lbs heavier snapped me into action. So, here I am. Hopefully I can get to my goal and I really think getting some support on this board will help. I am just tired of being different from everyone else my age, not being able to shop in regular stores, etc., etc. (I am a size 20, and i do not like the clothes they have in the stores, so most of my clothes are from Alloy.com) I have some great friends, but I am mostly invisible to everyone else. Tired of that too. I know that I have a large frame, and I have a lot of muscle (evident as I recently kicked some butt at rock climbing in PE. lol) So that contributes to my weight as well, not just fat.

Well anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and if anyone wants to learn anything more about me, visit my profile.

Thanks!
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:48 AM   #2  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Hi Cardsfan,
Welcome!You are a very beautiful young Lady.I'm most happy you are wanting to lose weight for yourself even though you appear invisible to some.Are they"perfect"themselves?I say kudos to you!I joined in January but just got off my Butter_Butt and started joining in.This is a fabulous place full of wonderful People who won't judge you.All the best in your endeavors.

Butter_Butt
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome, Cardsfan!

It's awesome that you're here working on this at your age rather than waiting until you're older. Wow-- I wish I had done that!!! I know there are a lot of girls around your age around here, but regardless of age, everyone here is so helpful and supportive. So just jump in and post often. It really helps!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote