Old 04-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #1  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Default Stubborn Woman May Have Been Broken!

I am the one who started the "stubborn women need buddies" thread and have -- for the moment-- made the leap to the other side. I am low carbing and doing well and have found a motivation that had been dormant for a very long timeI am now scared to death to keep it going. Therefore one of the reasons i am starting this new thread - new start - new thread! I would love to hear from others who are in the newly motivated category and see how they are keeping it going. I am trying to get my husband on the band wagon with me and he is trying, I just don't think he is quite as committed as i am at the moment. Any thoughts on how to bring a spouse into the loop! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANYTHING YOU CAN OFFER!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #2  

You know what? I would suggest that you focus on yourself initially, and worry about hubby later. I tried to bring my hubby along with me in my efforts to change my life (eventually lost 120 pounds). He dug in his heels, and was initially quite resentful (and probably insecure) regarding my weight loss. Four years later and he's now on Atkins to try and achieve what I've done. I'm now in support role, and I can really be helpful as I've had experience with it.

With your new weight loss will come more motivation. Use it, and use the feeling that your body is stronger and more powerful than it was at your original weight. Later, people will be noticing, and that can be motivating in itself. That will happen at about 10% of body weight lost.

Best wishes!
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:26 AM   #3  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Thanks for the reply You are right i am sure. If 12 (almost) years of marriage teaches you anything, it is that you can't TELL him what to do, it never works!!

My weight loss has started to slow already, which means I weighed the same thing yesterday as i do today and that scares me. I have tried the not weighing everyday but i really believe i need that accountability. I am trying to stay focused on the pounds aren't the only goal here, healthy life and being able to play with my kids is the primary thing. I am preparing for a slow but successful journey.

How do you keep off your 120 punds lost?

Thanks again and have a fabulous day!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote