WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #1  

Default Guesstimating last night's dinner

Hi,

Just need some help guesstimating last night's dinner - I had my meal all planned out (10 points left for the day plus 4 - 5 activity points which I wasn't planning on using) and then my lovely boyfriend said he would cook dinner which was actually really nice because I was exhausted!! The only problem is that, because he seems to be able to eat ANYTHING he wants, and doesn't quite understand why I am doing WW, he tends to use a lot of olive oil when he cooks (which is fine but I usually count it very carefully when I use it).

Anyway, he did a huge pan of stirfry veges (mushrooms, silverbeet and frozen veges) which were sauted in a bit of oil and soya sauce - that's fine, I could estimate the points for that. But he also did a whole dish of chopped up potato and pumpkin which he fairly COATED in olive oil (I know because I watched him tip it on out of the bottle) - and then roasted in the oven. I was thinking NOOO!! There was a lot in the bottom of the dish (but he kept turning them so a fair bit probably ended up on the food).

I tried to blot mine as best I could before I ate them, and I didn't eat any potato, just the pumpkin, to minimise the potential damage. He ate all the potato and some of the pumpkin........but I ended up deciding to count the whole meal (the stirfry veges which I don't think were more than a couple of points) plus just the pumpkin cubes and the oil as my whole 10 dinner points.

Does that sound reasonable? Normally it wouldn't bother me toooo much, as a one off, because I usually earn 4 - 5 points through exercise every day (although I don't generally use them) and I don't use many of my flex points. However, with Easter just been, and several dinners out over the past weekend, I was trying SOO hard to not go too far over points) - I only had one (very much planned) chocolate bunny which I counted within my points, and I think I managed to eat within my points at the dinners out (plus I played golf twice in three days which is LOTS of activity points and in addition, walked 1 to 2 hours every day. BUT I still feel like I have had a challenging few days and in actual fact, feel like I have coped with them very well! I just don't want to have blown it all last night!

Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

sounds reasonable to me
Old 04-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #3  

Thank you!!
Closed Thread