Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #1  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

Default I wish someone would notice!

I wish someone would notice my loss. Friends, coworkers, sig. other, no comments. I know coworkers see me all the time but I have some friends that I dont see but every couple of weeks or even a month, and nothing.
Well the big test is coming this weekend: Im (possibly) going to see my mother for the first time since Xmas. If she doesnt say anything, Ill be so discouraged. But maybe the NEXT time I see her she will have reason to say something... ?
I just carry fat in the worst way... and especially in my face and neck, that Im afraid I dont really look any different at all. I just want some outside confirmation!
And I just cant post pics here (!!!!!!)- if you missed my pics/mirrors post, I am mortified by them and really dont want to have them anywhere else out in public :O(.

So I am just wanting to know how anyone else deals with no one noticing.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Well, how much have you lost?? I don't know how much you weigh or where you started off at but unfortunately sometimes the heavier we are, the more we have to lose for it to be noticeable.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #3  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahoney
Well, how much have you lost?? I don't know how much you weigh or where you started off at but unfortunately sometimes the heavier we are, the more we have to lose for it to be noticeable.
Ditto Tracey's question.

How much do you weigh and how much have you lost? We can't help you with any answers until we know a little more about you.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #4  
Bobbie

S/C/G: 210/185/140

Height: 5'6"

It is the same here with some people I haven't seen in a while. Others have noticed *something* but, haven't actually said its the weight coming off. I started out at 210 and lost approximately 25 lbs since January. Woohoo for me! Hey, I notice. Someone will say something to you soon. Good luck to you.
AnnOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #5  
Girl Trying

Thanks for responding guys,

I dont know exactly how much I weigh, I dont own a scale, and dont want one. I measure my success by how my clothes fit, because Ive found in the past I get VERY discouraged by the number and by it not moving, when Im really just building muscle. I get way too discouraged, but if I just look at how the clothes fit, I get ENcouraged.
Anyway, I am just under 5'4", approx. a size 12 I think, its so hard to know with the way the manufacturers are different. In the last 3 weeks I have lost a size, and maybe a size and a half since Xmas (I stepped things up a month ago).
Old 04-19-2006, 10:43 AM   #6  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

If you've lost a size or more, I'm sure someone will say something to you soon.

I think you've done great and if I knew you I would say something.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #7  

When I started to lose weight, people would notice so easily that I began to wish no one would notice. Stick around and soon everybody might tell you to stop losing weight!
Psychego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

This is just a guess, but maybe people are noticing, but they are hesitant to say anything because they don't want to make you feel extra self-conscious or uncomfortable. I see my relatives (extended family) about once a year or so. At times when I've lost weight, I hear comments like, "you look great," "good job," and other phrases along those lines. Then on my next visit, if I've gained weight back, I essentially get silence. My family's reactions to my appearance have really increased my anxiety about them seeing me. Now I don't know if this is the case with the people around you, but it could be a possibility that their lack of comments are well-intentioned, especially if they know that your weight is a source of stress for you. Even if no one is saying anything right now, I hope you don't get discouraged to keep up the effort. I know it can be frustrating to keep trying without any positive reinforcement. Just keep in mind, you're losing the weight for yourself, not everyone else.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #9  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I bet that they will be say something soon. Going down pant sizes is a big thing. Don't be to discouraged.
I ran into a old friend last week and she kept looking at me and asking me if I did something different with my hair finally I said NO I lost 25lbs..duhh
Then she informed me that it had looked like I lost alot of weight but she didn't want to sound rude and me take it the wrong away about me being fat.. I told her that I already knew that I was heavy and it wouldn't have bothered me. Point I am trying to make is that some people just are not sure what to say or how to put it when they have noticed....I hope all that made sence to you..
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #10  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

I have lost 15 pounds and not a one person has said a thing to me. At first it bothered me but after a while it did not. I figure it this way. I am doing it for myself not for the people around me. You went down a cloths size that is wonderful new. It is not easy losing weight on the other hand gaining it will we all know how easy that is. Don't stop you are doing great!!!!
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I don't know. Yesterday, someone said to me, "it looks like you've lost weight." and I told them I've lost close to 20 pounds. My son overheard and remarked that I never told him how much I had lost. I said to him that he never asked. He said he knew I was trying and had lost but didn't think it was appropriate for him to ask me. He didn't think I'd tell him (I brad as often as possible!!)!! So, I told him to ask....all that from an 11 year old!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/176.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

I've lost 28 pounds since the beginning of the year and no one has noticed. I'm kind of having a tough time with dealing with that, so you're not alone.

My big test will probably be on Mother's Day. I haven't seen my mother since Xmas and hopefully by then I will be at goal (44 pound loss). I'll probably be disappointed though - she doesn't often compliment me.
Morgaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #13  
Girl Trying

Thanks everyone! I didnt think about the fact that they might think its rude, thats a good point. Buuuuut I dont know, I have one friend I know will say something when/if she notices, and then Ill know others can see I dont look as crappy!! :O)

Im sorry Morgaine. Youre not very heavy at all, so obviously people have to have noticed. Once I get to 15, 20lb loss if no one says anything I'll hold them down and force it out of them! :O)
Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #14  
mostly harmless

People don't notice the weight that has come off me unless I wear my pants that don't fit anymore. Since I'm still losing, I've only bought two pair of pants that actually fit, and forgot to do laundry this weekend, and ended up wearing a big pair of jeans on Monday to work.

One of my coworkers saw me standing at one point and said, "Dang, Maria! Those pants are about to fall off you!" We both laughed and it kind of made my day.

So, if you really want people to notice, wear clothes that are too big for you now!
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #15  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I had quit losing weight at about 180 and stayed that way for a while, and then I picked it back up, and lost 30lbs, 3 sizes. No one said a word. In fact my mom had planned some "intervention" because the small town I was in people were saying that I was doing drugs because the place I worked had alot of people that DID do drugs, however, I had my butt in the gym losing it. So.. I kinda wish that some people hadnt noticed. Just because of the rumors that were spread.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote