South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat

I'm the first one in???? As Shatzi would say, WAKEE WAKEE! WHERE'S MY CAWFEEEEEE?

My day yesterday was a little different. Came home early to get my PC set up to be able to work from home. Didn't take nearly as long as I thought, so I basically had the afternoon off. Did some planning and cooking for the week and a little bit of work outside. Made the Spicy Pulled Pork yesterday in the crockpot. Yummm-o! I should get back on the P1 bandwagon, but I'm going to try just cutting back on the grains and fruit a little bit and hopefully that will be enough to undo the damage that I've done over the past week or so.

Welcome to all the newbies that I've missed lately. I think now that spring is here, everyone's getting so busy that sometimes the personal greetings are taking a back seat. At least that's true in my case.

Gotta pack up my lunch and head to work. Everyone have a fab day!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:01 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jana, and the rest of the chickies.

My morning routine is sure different these days now that Miss Lucy is getting close to puppy day! I get up as soon as I hear her bark and she sure wants to go out! Then it's doggy breakfast, coffee and my breakfast before I get a chance to get on here.

Actually I was just debating going back to bed for a nap but the day is looking wonderful so I'll fight the urge. I had a horrendously busy weekend and am a little burnt out today. I'm also suffering from two ham dinners in three days so.....water, water, water.

I have scillas, forsythia and species tulips in bloom this morning! Did I ever mention I like Spring?

If the day doesn't get away with me, I'll pop back in later.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:49 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Morning ladies....I'm up, I'm up. I started my training yesterday...I'm training with some one that knows less than me....oh boy! I started asking questions & she cou;dn't answer them, so then I just threw in a few trick questions & she answered them wrong - WTF! I'm driving 45 mins 1 way for this?! It's only 4 weeks (thankgoodness!) She also informed me that she's having weight loss surgery as she's popping cream buffs in her mouth. The look on my face must of said something to her because she said that this was her "last supper" time.....ok. This should be an interesting 4 weeks - lord help me!
Well I'm off to shower & drive 45 mins for useless knowledge - can't wait!
Have a great day!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chickies! Ok, so yesterday, out of frustration and desperation, I called LA Weightloss to see about signing up. I was still planning on sticking to the SBD foods but the portion control and weigh-ins I thought would keep me accountable. It was a lovely idea...until I actually called them! I got this idiotic woman on the phone who had to go ask her "manager" everytime I had a question. I felt like I was buying a used car. She then proceeds to tell me that since I would be a returning client I could get "half price" which came to almost 500 dollars!! And that's not including their bars, supplemetns, or anything. Just to have the priviledge of going and talking to people (very uneducated and not very intelligent people) about what I ate that day and getting weighed on their scale. I hate being scammed...how can $500 be half price when I paid 350 3 years ago?? Even with inflation!! So, now that I got that out of my system I'm determined to just stick to the SBD and count calories everyday! That's my goal! 1450 a day average with zigzagging to rev my metabolism. Today is my 1250 day!

I've jsut been so frustrated lately and ready to quit but I've seen results in the past I just need to keep at it and be disciplined about it.

Jana: hi, thanks for starting us up! I'm not going on P1 but am only having one grain a day and 2 fruits. One thing I found that if you eat fruit later in the day you have less cravings. I read it in the book but didn't believe it until I tried it. Have a fabulous day!

Ruth: your garden sounds beautiful.. take it easy and chill today. you deserve it after your whirlwind weekend.

Soon: stupid people are soooo annoying! i feel your pain. hang in there!

Everyone else: have a fabulous day!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #5  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Just a quick check in for me to say Good Morning Chicks.
Not much going on here. I'm in a funk (I hate when I get like this) and just trying to make good food choices and stay OP.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Dear Pear, don't quit! You can do this!! You took steps to make that phone call so you want this!! And now you know that you can do this without them. you have all of us!! And it will work!! Bless you!

Soon: OMG! That is too wild about the trainer. I don't know where you go for that but can you talk to someone in charge and get a different person! That is crazy!!

Jana: Glad you got to enjoy your afternoon yesterday!!

Ruth: Those puppies sure grow fast! How soon is the possible time? Will she have them at home?

My poor kitty has something in his right ear this morning. He's been digging at it and is sitting here now looking a little funny.

Wheezle: Congrats on job and your one year anniversary. That was SO awesome of your husband!!

Today, I'm off to Bible Study Fellowship and I have a lunch afterwards that I forgot about but was able to secure child care for the lunch and I think I'll pop in Kroger and grab a SB lunchable wrap kit. I love those!

I didn't think about the ham until you said something Ruth. I have had ham and more ham since Sunday! I have also been eating baked beans but now the leftovers are GONE. So, I"ll be good today.

a funny: I was sitting in the sun reading a book yesterday when my DD, age 5, went in the house for a few and came to the door saying, "Mommy, you are going to LOVE this surprise".
I'm thinking OMG, what is she doing in there? She brought me a hard boiled egg, sliced open on a paper plate with salt!!!! It was one of her colored eggs (we colored them earlier that same day, MOnday after Easter, didn't get around to it before easter). It was SO CUTE!
Okay, got to get going.
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls! I'm a wee bit exhausted from lack of sleep last night. Stayed up watching the Cubs game to try to keep my mind off of work-related issues, and once it was over, did nothing but think about what's going to happen when I put my notice in today. Laid awake until after midnight, woke up at 2, woke up at 4:15, woke up at 6 when DH got up. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep well tonight.

Jana, good luck with getting back on track! That's my goal too!

Ruthie, I bet your flowers are gorgeous. If I were you, I'd go back to bed, but I always want to go back to bed. Nothing better than curling up with a dog or two and snuggling under the blankets for a nice long nap. Ahhh.

Soon, that's the worst when you know more than your trainer. I made sure that the DM of my new job knows that I want to be trained well, by the best they have, because I'm tired of this "you're in trouble because you didn't get trained on something" garbage. I hope the Cream Puff Lady gets her act together, or maybe you should ask whoever's above her the questions? It will reflect badly on Cream Puff Lady, but you kind of need to know these things.

Pear, yeah I'm not too super impressed with LA Weightloss. I applied for a job there a few years back and they wanted a phone interview at 1:00. I was at work, so I took my lunch and closed my store at 1:00. Left my phone on for 30 minutes, then shut it off and went back to work. They called me after work and said "Sorry we missed you today, we must have called too late" or something like that, and I told them that I was looking for an employer that is professional enough to call me when they say they're going to call me. Their prices are ridiculous!

Well, wish me luck today chicks. I'm telling Frank I'm quitting. I just hope he doesn't explode. I guess if he does, then I can start at Hollywood THIS Monday and take the rest of this week off.... shopping! Hope you girls have a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 04-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Whoopsie! Hi Kelly and Debbie! We posted at the same time! Have a great day!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We had a long 3 day wonderful Easter Weekend,and I took advantage,by relaxing and no doing a thing. Now I really feel guility,had TV dinners[sodium] for must of the time.YikesI just remembered Schatzi told me NO!!Yikes I'm in trouble. I'm up this morning, have to go back to Phase 1 to drop down again,along with drinking lots of water. Easter candy wasn't the problem this time around, like last year,thinking that I could have Sugar Free,but calories count don't they.It was the sodium of thie TV meals,now I'm back to cooking again.

90 oz water 30 m of biking

Hugs BB
Old 04-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Gals,
I'm checking in a bit later than usual today, I stopped at a few stores to look at bedroom curtains after Curves, but I didn't see anything I liked so far. I'll have to check out some of the stores in the mall, I guess. Yesterday I ended up having to take the girls to their swim lessons and didn't get home til late, so it was just easier to warm up leftovers from Easter dinner rather than make an OP meal like I planned. And, of course we had to finish off the rest of the strawberry pie my mother had made. So today is THE DAY to start back on track.

Jana ~ Good to see you back!

Ruth ~ Isn't it great to see all the flowers blooming again? They seem so much brighter this year than usual, too. Enjoy the sunshine!

Soon ~ You DO seem to meet the most interesting characters!

Pearsy ~ The SBD is the best all-around WOE that there is, and it doesn't cost a fortune to stay on it, either. Hang in there. I often get fustrated, too, but I know as soon as I'd quit, I'd regain all the weight I've lost. Your doing great, just look at your stats!

Hi, Kelly ~ I hope you have a good day.

Debbie ~ Your DD is thoughtful, she must love her mommy a lot!

Weezle ~ Again, CONGRATULATIONS! Let us know what happens today at work after you've turned in your resignation. Happy Anniversary, too! Ours is on the 28th, and we'll be celebrating our 37th!

beach bum ~ I glad you had a relaxing weekend. Don't feel too guilty about those TV dinners, you needed a break. Enjoy your day.

It's almost 9:30 and I haven't had breakfast yet, so I'm going to go look for something to eat. Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:49 AM   #11  

Morning, ladies! Yesterday was a hot one as Kiko will tell you. We officially reached 101 degrees and they did rolling blackouts because so much electricity was being used. Lots of signal lights were out which made the drive home in the afternoon a bit challenging.

I did make it to the gym yesterday. It has been awhile since I had been and it felt so good. I'm down 1.5 from yesterday morning but still up 2 pounds since last Wed. I'm staying totally OP even though I am so MAD at my husband. First of all he has late bringing Brian home from gymnastics last night (today is the TAKS test and I wanted him to bed early). This also meant that I had dinner ready for awhile before they got home. I would have stayed at the gym longer if I'd known they were going to be late. And I would have had him pick up milk if I'd known he was going to the store. And why did he go to the store, you ask? He went because they had Easter candy half off!!!! I don't mind so much the marshmallow chicks because I don't like those and am not tempted but he bought a dark chocolate solid bunny for me - a big one. I have told him to hide it and keep it away from me. This is not what I needed when my weight was already up!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

Morrning all. Well back to phase 1 for me today. I haven't really been OP for about a month and after a 10 day vaca in FLorida I am definately ready for a fresh start. We enjoyed visiting with my parents and doing the whole Disney/Sea World thing, although the kids loved the pool and riding in the glof carts the best. My parents live in The Villages which is a retirement town (it has 3 zip codes) and everyone rides around in golf carts. It is like DIsney World for seniors and my DH and I can't wait to retire there also, but that won't be for probably another 30 years. Something to just look forward to and visit every year. Well anyway, it's nice to be home and it feels great to be ontrack again. Have a great day ladies.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 AM   #13  

Goooooooood MORNING!!!!!

Jana: Thanks for the WAKE UP Calll!!!!! I love that Spicy Pulled Pork too.

Ruth:
Time fer you to STOP and smell the flowers dear!!! I cant wait fer our new puppies to arrive!!!!

Soon: I bet that yer training time gets cut down after Miss CreamPuff senses you know more than her!

Pearsydew: I'm an LA weightloss drop out ...I really felt like a sucker! I prepaid over a 1,000 fer there crappy plan.. so, when I dropped out and couldnt get my money back, I GOT all the crappy LA Lite bars due me and sold them outside in the parking lot He HEEEEEEEE, they even called the cops on me! SB eating and calorie counting seems to be working fer me --but my eating the last few days has been ...not so good ...

Kelly: Hope you start to feel better hon

Debbie: What a sweetie DD is! I love hard boiled eggs and eggs...YUM

Weezle: How Fabulous! and yer DH is such a sweetheart!

BB: I'm soooo happy you had 3 days of R & R!!! So ya heard leetle Schatzi the Sodium Natzi whisperin in yer ear

Cottage: I still had ham left over from Easter too... I diced it up, with cauliflower, made Weezle's cheese sauce and baked it... Very filling and Tasteeee.....

Let's seee..... I ran out to the store yesterday morn... and COULD NOT GET FIG NEWTONS off my mind... had to have em had to have em had to havem... I couldnt EVEN wait till I got home! I ripped open the bag after 2 near misses in the stoooopid Food Lion parking roller derby and proceed to SHOVE 2 in my fat pie hole!!! I came to my senses after near choking and asked myself WHAT AM I DOOOOOOIN!!!!!! Without even thinkin of the consequences I crunch the sleeve and FLUNG IT into the back!!!!! FIGS A FLYIN... when I got home I cleaned up the fig massacre , then stepped on the unopened newtons and threw em in the garbage... VICTORY!!!

Alrighty I'm a quart low on CAWFEEEEE must go refill, and start my day!!!! Tonight we're having the TACO chicken and a tomato/cuke salad..
later little chicks!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:51 AM   #14  
Determined Loser!

Good morning all!

Another short post for me this morning. Damn alarm clock went off an hour late again! Time to trash it and get a new one I think. It's a good thing I've been trying to get up early to exercise, otherwise I would have been late for work today!

For the past week I've been getting myself to the tanning salon. This new tan along with the weight loss makes me feel great I'm really excited for summer now and alot more confidant! Yay! Although I would be more confidant if I lost more weight still. I have about 5-10 lbs left to loose. I'm kind of dredding these last pounds because I know that they're going to take FOREVER to drop off!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day!
Happy tuesday!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

Hey girls, I just got to tell you something, I was getting dressed yesterday, and I have a Pair of my most favorite pants, that I have not been in for 3 years of better, I took them off the hanger and was hesitant to put them on , (you know the feeling when something does not fit, puts a little bit of a damper on things.) soooooooo any way I soldiered on and tried them on andthey fit , and were baggy enough for me to be able to put my had around the waist line with no effort.................. whoop whoop..... it keeps getten better and better,, dont know when the weight stall will happen for me, however, if i keep remembering that i am changin my life and the weight loss is the bonus, i hope to conquer any plataues............take care all