WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Cool Please help me calculate this...

I had a very small portion of this for Easter dinner, but I can't figure out the points. I'm only on week 3 of WW.

Here's the recipe:

Scalloped potatos

1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup milk
1 cup cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
8 slices provolone cheese
8 slices havarti cheese
salt and pepper
4 red potatos, peeled and thinly sliced, not rinsed

Please help me. I know I've already gone over my 22 points today, but I want to make sure I have as close to an accurate count as possible. I'm finding that writing everything down keeps me accountable, even if I mess up (which I hadn't until today).

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

You're looking around 98 points for the whole recipe. This is assuming you used heavy cream, & each slice of cheese was around 1 oz each. It could be a lot less if the cheese was very thinly sliced. It's hard to tell unless you weigh the cheese. And also the size of the potatotes, I'm thinking you used around 1 1/4 lb for 4 medium red potatoes.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

You're right, friendly. The cheese was sliced at the deli but I'd estimate each slice was about 1/2 oz each. <sigh>

My best guess would be around 12-14pts per serving. By the size of the pan, it looked to be about 12 servings. I had one very small serving. Obviously I blew it today.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #4  

Well if the cheese was around 1/2 oz per slice you probably have around 24 pts less than my original calculation, which would be 74 and if you divide that by 12 servings, then it probably was around 7 pts per serving.

Don't stress over it, it was a holiday. I went crazy with food today too. But it's done and over, I'm back on track as of right this minute!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #5  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

*is dizzy* I guess it takes a while on WW to be able to figure stuff out. Im on day two, and just taking baby steps
phew!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 PM   #6  

Figuring out points can be hard sometimes, but the more you do it, the better you become at it.

I weigh everything, it takes a lot of time, but it's worth it for me. I don't trust measuring with cups... my cup can be a LOT different than somebody else's cup!

If you need any help just ask, there are plenty of people on WW in this forum!

Good luck!
Closed Thread