Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-14-2006, 05:51 AM   #1  

Unhappy Please Help! Im suffering from Belimia...

Hello! Im new at this so I dont exactly know what Im doing but im looking everywhere for some advice. I used to weigh 165lbs, I now weigh 135lbs. I lost a total of 30lbs and I know that sounds great but I lost it the wrong way. I went on a diet called "The Cabbage Soup diet" It is almost basically starving yourself and is only meant for 7 days but I stayed on it for a long period of time. Everytime I eat anything I gain back some weight right away so I recently became belimik. It is causing several problems in my life including depression, weakness, some hair loss ect. I really really want to start eating correctly and get my body healthy again but I dont want to gain all the weight I lost back. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get my body back on track and healthy again without gaining all the weight back?? I would really appriciate it if someone would help me. This is destroying my life... Please if you have any advice or know anything that can help me please PM me ....I NEED HELP!! PLEASE!!!
Thank you all for your time I really do appriciate it!!! Thank you!
WIFFY77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:37 AM   #2  

Perhaps you should see a doctor and a psycologist before turning to this form?

And it's spelt "bulimia" for future reference.

I wish you the best of luck.
inter_stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #3  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

I know this is something you'd probably prefer to handle annonymously on the board but you need to go see a Dr. immediately. But on the bright side, the fact that you are posting about it means you acknowledge there is a problem!! Ok, now take the 2nd step, call your Dr. Right now, go do it!!!

Let us know how it goes.

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #4  
Determined

I agree with the other posters; find a doctor you can trust, quickly, and begin treatment. I'm sure you know this on some level, but you are destroying your body. You are slowing your metabolism and messing with your electrolytes which has the potential to kill you. Please don't take this lightly. See an MD for evaluation of your physical health and a psychologist/psychiatrist to begin treatment for the problems you're having mentally. You can get through this, but you'll need professional, in person help to do so.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #5  

Definitely go see a doctor. Without professional help, this will likely only get worse.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.
snowflakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #6  
Cacey

S/C/G: 212/209/160

I have been struggling with bulimia for 13 years, over half of my life. It is a very dangerous addiction and you can't do it alone. I went to a place called Mercy Ministries www.mercyministries.org (i think that is the right web address.) It is a faith based girl's home. If I wouldn't have gone to Mercy, I probably wouldn't be here today. Yes, i do still struggle with food and bulimia from time to time, but I now know how to deal with the issue better. So coming from someone who has been there, please get help. You are precious to God and He loves you.

[email protected]
Cacey is offline   Reply With Quote