Old 04-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #1  
Losin' it forever!

Default So. About my scale....

I posted awhile back that I had purchased a Tanita scale and it was weighing me way higher than I had weighed back in January. Well, if the Tanita is wrong, then so is the scale at Curves, so I guess I need to suck it up and deal that I really do weight 310 pounds. How in the h*ll did I get there???

Anyway, on a positive note, I did have my first Curves workout today and I loved it (well, as much as one can love a workout!). I know it gave me a much better workout then I was doing myself at the YMCA just because of the sweat I was producing as well as my heart rate. IT was very pleasant because everyone chats, it is all women and very comfortable.

So, moving onward and upwar....er...downward!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congrats on your first workout at Curves! Yes, you really can love exercise.

How about this for a suggestion? Choose one scale and weigh on it once a week at the same time every week. You know, I don't even let the doctor weigh me. I tell them what I last weighed at my Weight Watcher meeting, and if they want to put that down fine, but I'm not weighing on their scale fully clothed after eating several meals and downing a bunch of water. I know what happens to my psyche when I see that higher number.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #3  
Losin' it forever!

Well, the way I see it, my Tanita was actually pretty much in line with the Curves scale. I just thought originally that my scale was weighing me heavier, but as of today, I can't really deny it any longer. I am really that fat.

I try really hard not to be a slave to the scale, but it's difficult. I'm going to try to only weigh at home once a week and then I think Curves weighs you monthly.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I'm a newbie at Curves too. Well, I'm in my first month. I love it too. A very nice and motivating atmosphere. And a great workout as well. I learned that you really have to push yourself on the machines. Go as fast as you can, and next time go even faster. Use the boards to keep your heartrate in check (i.e. raise it or lower it as necessary). Good luck and have fun!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #5  
Losin' it forever!

Hi Tiffany!

Yes, I just finished my second workout today and wow! I love that it runs 30 minutes and that I am sweating my butt off by the end! I need a program where I know what I have to do as opposed to trying to make it up on my own. I leave Curves feeling like I have worked everything, gotten my heart rate up and I still have plenty of time to cook dinner for the family without rushing!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I just started Curves too and I love it! I too feel much better knowing that I don't have to decide what to work out at the time and that I'm not waiting for machines to be free before I can hop on.I can go right after dinner(though I have to make sure I eat lightly)and be home in no time.I hear ya on the scale thing too.Mine was weighing me lighter then the one at Curves,but now that means I'll just push that much harder to get down to where I thought I was,lol
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #7  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

It may not be just your scale, but your time of day as well. On my first weigh in at Curves, I weighed 3 lbs heavier (it was after work) than I weighed first thing in the morning that day. So keep that in mind too.

I'm heading to Curves now. They are closed tomorrow.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:26 AM   #8  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

I always weight myself at home first thing in the morning. Then when I go into weigh in it is like 1-2 lbs heavier. I thought my scale was a liar (ok I still do LOL) -- anyhow my nutrionalist said that whatever you eat stays in your system for 3 hours (so basically I was also weighing my breakfast & mid morning snack!).
Cafe Ole is offline   Reply With Quote