Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday Chat - April 11th Log

Good Morning,

Well last night I didn't eat chocolate before bed LOL

How is everyone today? Hanging in there I hope. I have a few things to get finished with here and I'll be back to read up on y'all.

Cathy did you get your frig yet?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #2  

I did eat chocolate! Found hubby's easter stash and the hormones won!

I am so weak!

Off days today.........going in this eve to the ER.........all is well.......will get a bit of work done......housework and consult work.

Bye for now!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang
well it's almost lunchtime now but still - good morning

Leenie - yes the fridge came yesterday before lunch! I could have hugged somebody when they rolled up. So I ran to the grocery store on my lunchhour and grabbed a jug of my Coffeemate French Vanilla cream for my coffee and turkey slices and lettuce & tomatoes and a loaf of wheat bread and now my life is back to normal

I also had some chocolate yesterday but I wasn't gonna bring it up. goodness I love chocolate!

Leenie - congrats on not eating the chocolate

Liz - you're not weak. You just had some yummy chocolate - and so did I Funny how every holiday is wrapped up with some kind of food. Hope you have a great day today.

I'm still working on quarterly forms today. Too many interruptions yesterday and today seems to be about the same.

Has anyone gotten use to this time change yet? I'm still draggin and having a hard time getting up when the alarm goes off - to say nothing of finding the time to exercise. I just have to get myself back on track.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #4  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey everyone. Wish I had more cheerful things for today. The past four days or so have been pretty awful. This anxiety is so strong. Sometimes I'm perfectly fine and feel like I've never had any problems. Then other times, I feel like anxiety is all I've known. It's awful. Today's one of those bad days. Yesterday's binge, which consisted of mostly whole grain, diet-friendly foods in larger quantities plus three of my mom's chocolate chip cookies, has really gotten me down, too. I feel so huge today. Bleh.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #5  

lessthan,
don't you worry! You'll get back on track today! I mean...I over ate 3 days in a row...one of the nights I just went out at 11pm and had an entree with a slice of cheesecake ONTOP of the 3 meals and 2 snacks I had during the day.
We all slip occasionally!

Hi all!

I've spent the last few days trying to fix my love-life. Actually, trying to get rid of any love in my life

Sounds weird, but I'm more interested in my health and appearance than some stupid guy.

I managed to send one last email to him, telling him to lay off. Agressive lad, he is.

Although it's flattering, I'll admit.

I just did 40 minutes on my gazelle.
And had Jenny Pizza.
Off to work at 1:30pm...

Bye bye!
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz LOL @ the chocolate. Enjoy the house work !!

Cathy I use sf coffeemate - vanilla every day as well, if not that then hazelnut. I'm glad you got the frig in. Nope not used to the time change yet, I"m dragging my rump thats for sure.

Lessthan, sorry for the rough day. Boy, I have more of them than I'd like to admit. Its okay hon, todays a new day. Your doing excellent with your WL !! and your after pictures are awsome !!! you look great.

Pnut good for you for paying attention to yourself.. WTG !! To many of us don't and we wind up going backward because of it. Slow, take your time and keep up the good work, your almost at goal !! WHOOOOOOOOOOT!!! Men pfffffffffffffft !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #7  

Hi everyone,

I have had good & not so good days lately....I was fine when DS2 & his GF visited fro Victoria the 1st week of March....when he left I got depressed....DH & I had been thinking of moving to Victoria....DS2 & his GF were going to buy a bigger house with an in law suite....DH & I were going to rent the in law suite....then DS2 called this week...he said they would wait until next spring to buy a house....so I got depressed....I wanted to be closer to Claire....my granddaughter....today is a better day.
Last week I changed antidepressants....that could be the cause of the depression....went off Celexa & on to Effexor XR.

DS1, his DW, Claire & their dog are coming tomorrow for a visit....they live in Port Coquilam....near Vancouver....they will be driving up here.

Leenie.....I had some chocolate today.

Lessthan.....I have the same problem....when I am depressed....I want to eat everything in sight.....I can tell if I am depressed.....it usually starts with eating things I shouldn't.....for a long time.....I didn't know why I did that.
My DS3 thought the eating was caused by anxiety.....I don't know.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote