Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/105

Default Lost 45 lbs and still feel like a cow....

Hello Everyone,
Just had to vent!!! Even though I have lost 45 pounds I still have like 80 more pounds to go and I feel so frustrated because I still feel like such a fat cow!!! Just wondering if anyone else feels like this even though they have lost a bunch of weight.
Thanks for listening,
Jill
jillpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #2  
Slowly, oh so slowly.

S/C/G: 325/269/200 Height 6'2"

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have now lost 46lbs and have at least 80 more pounds to go before I hit my ultimate goal. There are some days that I am feeling so good about it, then there are alot of other days that I am just so fed up. I keep thinking how much longer!?!?!? I am still so big. Everyone tells me it is because I am big boned and 6' 2" but to me that is a nice way of saying, "Your fat!" I feel so guilty when I eat anything. It really sucks. I know what I am eating is a lot healthier for me and it is not anything bad, but I eat it and think, I am so fat why am I eating this?! I am now eating 3 meals a day but that is so hard because like you were saying. I feel so fat!! I hate it!!!

Last edited by nicolyn75; 04-10-2006 at 11:45 PM.
nicolyn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

I am so sad to read both of your posts. I have no idea how tall either of you are nor what you look like. None of that matters anyway. The fact is that you have both lost a tremendous amount of weight. You must feel better! I mean, aren't there things you can do now that you couldn't before? increased energy?

I only recently created a number goal for myself. But it is just a number. An arbitrary number that I created. I could have made it lower or higher.. Does it matter?

My real goal is never to weigh more than I do now and to be as healthy as I can be. I am there today. At my goal.

Today I had so much energy I thought I would burst.
I am sure you have had many days like that too.
Be alive.. be happy to have today.

Sure you have to look to where you are going.. but don't forget to look back to see where you've been.. the good and the bad of where you have been.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Amen Jayde.

Of course I want to lose more weight (A LOT more), but I have come so far already and I am thankful for how much healthier I already feel. I'm sorry you two aren't feeling that yet.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow, Jayde... that is a beautiful message!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #6  
Getting healthy for her!

S/C/G: 320/274/150

I've lost right at 40 lbs so far. But I have atleast 130 to go. I can hardly tell by looking at myself in the mirror. No one has said anything yet to me so I really don't think its obvious yet. But I can walk farther then I could when I started. I can carry my 20+ lb DD up the stairs without losing my breath. And the lower back pain I use to have has been gone for about a month now.
So, eventhough some days I get down that I still can't fit into my "skinny" clothes or that my stomach is still around eventhough I have worked so hard. I do know that I am getting healthier, little by little, I am getting healthier. And in the end, thats all that matters.
healthy_wanna_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #7  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Wow... I'm with Misti! Keep reading Jayde's post... There's no better answer than that... Thanks Jayde!

For me... I have more energy every day and I actually feel happy most days, where I was always pretty depressive at my heaviest. Even though I'm still fat I just plain feel healthier, and I cling to that on the days when I remember that I still have 100 pounds to go.

As for that, most of the time I just ignore the fact that I still have 100 pounds to go. All I can concentrate on is the next pound. That one pound is my whole world, and I can deal with that. I just allow myself to be happy with the fact that I weigh less today than I did yesterday and that I can certainly handle dropping one pound.

Keep your chin up and keep posting! 3FC is the best medicine!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #8  
Collie Mommie

I've lost about 30 lbs. and when I start feeling like I have so far yet to go, I look at all of the clothes I can fit into now and I put on the one pair of "fat pants" that I saved as a reminder. Sometimes it is really hard to stop dwelling on the pounds left to lose, but it is helpful to look at my starting point and see my accomplishment so far. I can also jog much farther, lift much heavier things, and I can play with my dogs without getting as tired.
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalai_lala
Even though I'm still fat I just plain feel healthier, and I cling to that on the days when I remember that I still have 100 pounds to go.
As for that, most of the time I just ignore the fact that I still have 100 pounds to go. All I can concentrate on is the next pound. That one pound is my whole world, and I can deal with that. I just allow myself to be happy with the fact that I weigh less today than I did yesterday and that I can certainly handle dropping one pound.
-Lala
I have to do that too! If I focus too much on the 100 pounds to go it will get overwhelming. But I enjoy the little things I can do easier now and cheer for each and every pound that goes bye bye! Attitude is a huge part of the battle!

I agree... keep posting here at 3FC and especially get yourself involved in some of the challenges; they provide accountability and encouragement. LOL I had to really think about joining the Coast to Coast Challenge... as I was committing myself to being around here long enough to make it "home."
Old 04-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #10  

45 pounds! Thats wonderful! That's more than my daughter weighs! Why don't you find something that weighs 45 pounds and try lifting it? Try carrying it around a while. That used to be on you! Congrats!
crisco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:52 AM   #11  

Great idea, Crisco!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #12  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I know how you feel I have lost 92lbs total, and it hasnt been instant it has taken years, and dont think that I havent lost about 30 of it twice. Even though I have lost all that weight, I still feel like I am fat sometimes, until I walk past a mirror, and I see.. oh yeah. Or I see a picture, because sometimes the mirror still calls me fat. I went to a concert this summer and a GIRL called me SKINNY. I was about 10lbs lighter than I am now, but that was like huh, at first I got offended because I thought she was trying to be funny but then I realized she was serious. I too am guilty of forgetting where I have been and only focusing on where Im going. I created a thread yesterday that helped me feel better. Its called.. How many calories.. basically you take the number of lbs you've lost and times it by 3500 and then see how many calories you have burned since you started.. its a HUGE number and kinda makes you proud. Cuz you have burned that much more than you have eatten.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #13  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde
Today I had so much energy I thought I would burst.
I am sure you have had many days like that too.
Be alive.. be happy to have today.

Sure you have to look to where you are going.. but don't forget to look back to see where you've been.. the good and the bad of where you have been.
I agree. Even though I'm SOOOOOOOOO jealous of all the 3FC members that have lost lbs (some really impress me, losing up to 100 lbs!) I still think that I feel great because my health is better. I haven't lost a single pound yet (well, certainly hasn't felt like it, I dont weigh myself either) but I'm still very very happy that I made some change in my life!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #14  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

Everyday I still feel like a fat cow, like I'm the size 16 I was a year ago and no the size 6 I am now. I always think I've lost so much and my thighs are still fat. I started losing weight because I hated my thighs and wanted to get rid of them but their still hanging on.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #15  
diet soda addict

S/C/G: 170 / 164 / 128

Height: 5'4.5"

dont feel bad. you are doing great! look at you! you are under 200 pounds which is a huge accomplishment. you should try thinking about how far you have come rather than how far you have to go.

*hugs*

by the way, how tall are you?
Pretty in Pink is offline   Reply With Quote