Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #1  

Default what do you think?

Just finished reading the article "10 Most Ineffective Exercises" which is posted at the top of the Exercise general forum in 3fatchicks. At least 3 of them are Curves machines.

I'm not going to stop going to Curves -- I signed up for a year -- but it is making me rethink how hard I work on those machines.

What do you all think?
fruitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #2  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

I have to look this up ,,I missed it.

I may have to quit curves SO all I have then is my Treadmill & Yoga. Not happy about this.
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:17 AM   #3  
Coop class of '82

I think it is one mans opinion. He'd probably rather someone pay him $80 an hour for personal training sessions. MY opinion is that if you enjoy your exercises, you are going to DO them and there will be some benefit. I belonged to a "regular" gym and had to force myself to go once in awhile, use my old school cassette player to drown out the dumb sports TV and wait for the time to be up. Now I look forward to going, I get my heart rate up, and I enjoy myself. After 5 weeks, I notice a huge difference in my strength doing everyday activities like lifting things and getting out of the car. I also notice my jeans getting looser and looser. So I say to Mr. So and So ABC. PhD, XYZ blah blah.
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #4  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

lol....exactly ,I mean as LONG as it works for you, go for it .

me quitting curves has nothing to do with the equitment or the People there, its the GASprices ....
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #5  
DIVA

I did not read the info but I agree with Kimmy. It is about how the workout makes you feel. Everything in the gym is not going to work 100% either but people still go.'
I've said it and I'll say it again - I Love Curves!!!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote