Old 04-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #1  
Monica

S/C/G: 310/302/180

Default 100 Or More Ponds To Loose?

Hello Everybody! Welcome to my thread!! I am a 29 yr old hispanic girl in Vegas. I started at 310 lbs. and now I am down to 302 lbs. My goal weight is 180 lbs. But I will be happy enough if i can get down to 200 lbs. I am keeping my eye on the ball, and trying very hard not to cheat to often. I am doing a 6 week body makeover. I eat mostly rice, veggies, and chicken or fish. I do get my times when I want to eat something sinful. It's not like I will gain 20 lbs. if I do! I will go nuts if I have to stricly diet. But so far, it is working for me. I keep thinking about how I will look and feel when and if I reach my goal. My husband says, " Give me 100 lbs. and I will give you a baby." He is right uno? We don't want me pregnant and very overweight too. So I am have to keep going at this, and by god willing, I will make it. I want to hear from others on what I can eat to replace my chicken or fish. I am sick to death of it. Do nuts count?

Last edited by plussizequeen; 04-08-2006 at 10:29 PM.
plussizequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hi Monica! We started at pretty much the same point, scale-wise. Congrats on losing 8 lbs so far!

Nuts are an excellent choice for protein and healthy fats. But they do contain a lot of fat (some kinds more than others) so watch your serving sizes. Hope that helps!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Monica,

I'm down 8 lbs too! You're doing great! And pretty pic!

I'm a chicken and fish person too. Sometimes I'll have lean ground beef or turkey, or lean cuts of pork. Also try to mix up the ways you prepare your chicken and fish. A great book with lots of recipes is Eating for Life. I'm following the plan, but even if I wasn't, the recipes are awesome. I look at it as more of a cookbook than a diet plan, as the book is loaded with recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts. Good luck!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #4  
Monica

Smile Thank You For Your Words!!

Hi again,

Thanks alot for all of your words. I am on my way, I hope. I am so tired of fish and chicken, That I do not even want to eat anymore. I will keep going though. I want to be a little less weight by summer, I hope that one day, I can be at 180-200 lbs. God help me! When I diet, I loose 1-2 lbs per day.. I just need to stick to it... the problem I have had in the past, was I diet for a few weeks, then go back to my old ways again, and I mess it all up for myself! I hate it when I do that. Let us all be buddies here. I am happy that I can come here for support from you fine people. I really do need your support and friendship. I am happy to know you. I feel lucky to talk with you all.

Last edited by plussizequeen; 04-09-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #5  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Monica and WELCOME!
It is great to have you here and I too love the picture. Great colors. Buffalo is a very lean meat. I use it a lot like you would beef. You might try that as an alternative. Keep posting.

Denise
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:19 AM   #6  
Monica

Thumbs down I do not eat red meat!!

Hi there!

Buffalo? No, sorry. I do not eat red meat. Yuck, I cannot have red meat. It makes me fatter really fast. I only eat chicken or fish. But thank you for the tip. I will make it! All of you as well. Yeah, that pic is from 2003 and I was 280lbs. I am 302 lbs. right now, and I feel ugly! You don't even want to see me the way I am right now.

Last edited by plussizequeen; 04-09-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Ah, what about tofu? If you eat stir fry, you can use instead of the chicken. And I throw it in fried rice as well. And for a red meat substitute, I'm going to suggest Gardenburgers, Boca burgers, and Morningstar Farm products. I don't eat much red meat either, and I love the faux stuff. And they are lower in fat than the real stuff.

Be wary of nuts, they are calorie dense and fattening. You should measure them by tablespoons; but their fat is the heart-healthy kind - the mono and polyunsaturated fats, but they still got a lot of fat in them.

Much luck!!!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:56 AM   #8  
Monica

Thumbs up I Like Tofu!!

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply! I forgot about tofu. Thanks for the tip, I will try that next! I love stir fry. Now I am hungry, but it is late night, and I do not want to eat anything. I really wish I could get down to 200, even 220 or 240 lbs. I am cheering all of you on!! You guys are the greatest! Thanks again. I am looking for some size 20 clothes. anyone got some? I wish you all the best.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #9  
Monica

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyRevealed
Hey Monica,

I'm down 8 lbs too! You're doing great! And pretty pic!

I'm a chicken and fish person too. Sometimes I'll have lean ground beef or turkey, or lean cuts of pork. Also try to mix up the ways you prepare your chicken and fish. A great book with lots of recipes is Eating for Life. I'm following the plan, but even if I wasn't, the recipes are awesome. I look at it as more of a cookbook than a diet plan, as the book is loaded with recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts. Good luck!
HEY GIRL! GOOD JOB!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:08 AM   #10  
One pound at a time...

to the board!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #11  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Monica,
Welcome to the boards. You've certainly found a great place. Jump right in anywhere!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote