Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #1  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default Question about Products

Does anyone know anything about Red Yeast Rice or a product called Moduchol. I have high cholesterol and DH stopped at the health food store to get me some whole flax seed (recommended by my doc) and a couple of other supplements (calcium and B complex) and while he was there the ladies in the store recommended these other two products for lowering cholesterol. I haven't heard of them, and don't want to just take the word of the people trying to sell the stuff so I thought I'd ask you guys to see what you all had to say. Thanks.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hmmm, no I haven't. MIL swears by something a homeopathic dr. reccommended to her. Please check this out and do a some research though, as I am just repeating what she told me.

2 supplements are taken together.....Risterol and Co enzyme 10. I'm not sure of the spelling but they have reduced my FIL's cholesterol levels by 40 pts within a 2 month period. I hope this helps.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:40 PM   #3  
Determined

Please check with your doctor before you add anything. Many herbs can interfere with medications or have side effects that you need to be aware of and your doctor needs to be aware of when prescribing medications. Good luck!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote