Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday Log - April 5th

Good Morning,

What a busy day, garsh lol

How is everyone today? Nothing new here except today is the last day of inspection and I'll be glad when its over.

How's everyone doing with their eating? I got on the scale today and the dang thing didn't budge. ... oh well try try again right.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #2  

Hey Leens.........off to work. Life is pretty good for the most part. The weather is beautiful. The evenings are busy with runniing around with the kids.......busy weekend planned.......I have three social events saturday.........gonna try to squeeze them all in........I love a good challenge!

Hugs

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

goodness - can us gals get any busier????

Leenie - I'm so sorry your scale hasn't budged yet. It will it will it will. Hang in there girlie!

Liz - sounds like you will be running on Saturday. Hope they are all fun gatherings!

I had posted a question yesterday and thought I would copy it here again today in case anyone else has some more ideas.....
Hey Gang - I need some help - some suggestions. I have not had a refrigerator at work for 2 weeks now. Doesn't look like my boss will be getting one anytime soon (or he could go out tomorrow and get one). The microwave is also gone right now. Any suggestions or ideas of things I can bring to eat for lunch that don't have to be refrigerated or cooked in the microwave??? I count calories so anything within reason would be ok but I'm just out of ideas. I could buy a salad everyday but that gets expensive and takes a good while to eat. I cannot eat a burger everyday for lunch - I will gain weight like crazy. I don't eat out all that much really.

Soooooooooooo I'm just looking for some things that I can bring for lunch that can stay out until lunchtime and doesn't need warming in the microwave. Any ideas?

Judomom - thanks so much for the suggestions in yesterday's thread. I will see about getting some wheat bagels and low fat cream cheese today. Also, I wanted to be sure that you saw my message to you on Monday. I didn't want you to think that I missed your post on Sunday.

I hope everyone has a BLESSED day!

thanks & hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #4  

I'm a soup and sandwich girl..........I also like fruit, cheese and crackers.

Sorry not very creative

Hugs

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #5  
banned

Never give up, never surrender!
dan1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! GLad to see some activity in here!

Leenie- Have you tried holding a gun to scale before you step on? Maybe that'll motivate it move . Just hang in ther hon it'll happen. Glad to here the inspection is almost done. I know you have to be happy about that.

Liz- 3 events this weekend?! Slow down honey, you'll make the rest of us look bad. Good luck on getting to them all and have fun!

Cathy- Do you happen to have a little cooler that you could pack? I know I can put just about anything in DH's when I pack his lunch for work.

Well I went back to the gym last night and did an hour of cardio, some sit ups and push ups, and 10 laps in the pool. DS has been fine since yesterday so I guess it'll be safe to take him back to the nursery tomorrow. DD (10) has a follow up with the surgeon at 3:15 and DH has a 2:30 appt. with the trainer for his fitness test, so we're going to meet up at the gym around 4 and he's gonna bring the kids home and cook dinner while I get my workout in. I guess that's about all for now. I hope everyone's doing good. I'll check back later. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz, a challenge is what you call it ? LOL enjoy

Cathy, I would pack a cooler like Heather suggested. Throw a few ice packs and bring what ever you like. If you like hot soups use a thermos... you can put other things in there besides soup. Bet you could heat a WW meal and throw it in a thermos. What do you normally eat? How about those packs of tuna that you peel?

Heather you go girl, thats an awsome work out WHOOT!! and DH is cooking to boot... whats your secret
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #8  

Cathy, here are some of the things I used to bring that don't need a cooler or microwave:
-Whole grain bagel with peanut butter and jelly
-Seafood snacks--you find those in the canned fish section...they're ready-to-eat marinated filets. About 150 cals per can and flavors are: lemongrass, honey garlic, barbeque, smoked..etc
-Crackers and a can of chicken/turkey/salmon
-hard boiled eggs and salad. SO filling! and the healthiest, imo.
-An apple, bring a knife, and cut it into slices. Then dip it into some peanut butter. That's SUPER yummy! I put peanut butter on bananas as well.
-Make a shake at home, put in a thermos. High protein shakes...with no milk (cuz it goes bad)...use fruit juice instead...add fruit...make it as thick as possible.

Good luck!!!

Heather- OMG 10 laps! I couldn't do 2. Oh...you make us proud here *sniff*

Hi, all! Had a rough few days...that's why I've sorta been mia.

I'm stressing about my social life...my lack-there-of, rather. I'm a very conflicted person. Emotionally lonely although not physically...

*ahem

My plan today:
B:Had Bistro Flatbread BBQ chicken pizza!!! YUmmmm Stouffers rocks!
L:Lean cuisine fettucini
D:Jenny craig food!!!

I'm going for my weigh-in tonight at 7pm!!! YAY I have Jenny FOOD AGAIN!!!! I didn't go for 2 weeks...and thus the Lean cuisines. I don't think I lost much...but hey I'm sure I didn't gain!

I shall update later!
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote