Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/177/150

Default Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

I've been reading posts here for the last few hours and I'm really impressed with everything that I see!

I'm on the road to recovery and have been binge free for almost two months!

I admit, it's been a tough road over the last few weeks because I've had some things going on in my life that has added a lot of stress. I've come close to binging I don't know how many times, but I've remained strong. I find it a lot easier to keep my focus if I keep myself busy and continue to read the books and forums that have helped me get over this.

So I just wanted to say hi and hope that I can find support here and hope that I can help others.
sarahberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #2  

hi sarahberry,
welcome!! congrats on your 2 months!!! that is fantastic. the support here is wonderful! there are some amazing brave women in these threads. looking forward to getting to know you!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #3  

Thank you so much! I also like your little image on the bottom of your posts. I need to get one of those and begin the countdown too!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #4  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

welcome sara!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Sarahberry and !!! Congratulations on being binge-free for two months! Huge accomplishment!

Just jump in anywhere, and let me encourage you to check out some of the challenges and become involved. They are great for support AND accountability!

And getting yourself a "ticker" (the image at bottom) is easy! Just click on "User CP" at top left of your screen and then "Edit Signature." You will find instructions on how to add the ticker!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #6  

Hi everyone, thank you!

On your ticket Misti, is that how many steps you take? Do you wear one of those gages on your wrist?

Now I just need to figure out which ticker I want!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #7  

Hello again Sarahberry!

Assume you mean my bottom ticker... no it is not my steps personally. I used to have that on it but since a group of us decided to "walk" (cyberspeaking) Coast to Coast across the United States from Hopedale MA to Seattle WA we are adding all our miles together and tracking where we "are" on our journey! You are very welcome to join in if you would like! Just go to the sign up thread under Exercise (it is stickied so at the top) and then to the Coast to Coast Challenge thread and get acquainted and start logging your steps/miles. Doesn't matter if it is a little or a lot; it's not a contest but a joint effort.

Yes I do wear a pedometer but not the wrist kind. You wear it on your waist or the new one I just ordered from Amazon can even be carried in a pocket. It is an Omron HJ-112 and seems to be the most reliable one based on the testimony of people around here!

Let me know if there is any other way I can help... I'd be glad to help you get started, and I know others would also.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #8  

Hi Misti,

Thank you so much for the great information. I will think about the walk arcorss coast to coast, sounds fun! I've never been to Seattle, so I think it would be good for me.

How much does a good pedometer cost? Does it bother you when you wear it? I have a wrist one, but well, it's still in the box. (And I hate to admit, it came from McDonalds!)
Old 04-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #9  

Hi Sarahberry... there are bunches of other good challenges and threads to participate in also so just look around and find what appeals to you!

I got fed up with my pedometers breaking constantly... so after the FIFTH one in a row I ordered the good one from Amazon. Normally it is around $40 but they had (have?) them on sale for $19.99 plus shipping.

LOL I am sure many got started with McDo's peds. My first one was $3.99 at Walmart and didn't last long
Old 04-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #10  

OK, make fun of my McDonald ped. j/k.

I just might have to order one on amazon. Thank you for providing me with the model number!
Old 04-03-2006, 12:05 AM   #11  

Tee hee I didn't mean to be making fun of it... I thought I was encouraging you to USE it!! Hey, I am all for anything that helps get someone out there and motivated!

They do make it fun to walk as you can see how far you go and can tell when you are making progress, etc.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:07 AM   #12  

hehe! I know. But Im sure you will be happy to see that I added my ticker.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:14 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Sarah, welcome! It's great having you join us.
I think Misti and I have the same pedometer (looking for my serial number here, and can't find it...), and I LOVE mine! It keeps track of seven days worth of steps, plus some other stuff. I wear it all the time, and I don't notice it anymore.
If you haven't already, come and join us in the exercise thread or any of the others...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:32 AM   #14  

Hi Sarahberry! Yay on the ticker. See you are already making progress LOL

Ellis, it does sound like the same pedometer. I hope mine arrives today! I got so fed up with buying nice ones here and having them work for a few weeks or in one case less than 24 hours! The one I ordered is being raved about a lot here on 3FC and yes it does have the seven day thing. And I am looking forward to having it monitor the aerobic steps also and hope I can get some LOL.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

That's the one, Misti! The thing I REALLY love is that there's an additional safety clip on a string. I don't know how many times I've been THAT close to dropping my pedometers in the toilet...
I see your weight is on the way down... keep in up, hon!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote