Exercise! - Cardio/Fitness Challenge!

View Full Version : Cardio/Fitness Challenge!

KristenElizabeth
04-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey ladies,

Since April has begun and the weather is getting gorgeous, lets turn over a new leaf by begining a new challenge!

Each day strive for some sort of cardiovascular exercise no matter if you do it for 10 minutes or 1 hour just get out there and get moving! Alter the challenge to fit your lifestyle, if you are a beginner strive for 3 or 4 days a week and work up etc.

We have to get moving because heart disease is one of the most common killers of women, so lets fight back! :rollpin:

Do some sort of exercise to get you moving because the most important thing to remember is we are changing our health, not just our dress sizes!

Good Luck and Join the challenge! :hug:

hellcatjill
04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm in! I try to do this anyway, but this is even more incentive. Plus, with the weather being so nice, it's easier to get outside for walks or jogs, and my dog LOVES that.

sarahberry
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
This sounds great! I'm in too! :carrot:

What do you suggest someone starting out should do?

KristenElizabeth
04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Starting out I suggest doing some sort of cardiovascular exercise that gets you in your target heart rate and keeps you there for enough time that you can improve your overall health.

To figure out your target heart rate there is a simple formula,
first check what your resting heart rate is...do this by counting the number of beats with yout thumb either on your wrist or neck for one minute
then take your age and plug both into healthchecksystems.com/hearts.asp
That's the easiest way,

Do some sort of exercise liek jogging, running, elliptical, spinning, riding your bike, walking the dog, it doesn't have to be really intense to start just make sure it gets you movign and you enjoy it.

KristenElizabeth
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok so for today...
I have to make up tons of work, so after I do that I will do one Bigesst Loser Cardio workout, which I recommend to everyone, its great if you want the name of the DVD let me know!

KristenElizabeth
04-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Some exercises you may be interested in:

Kickboxing
Jogging
Aerobics
Step Aerobics
Dancing
Taebo
Swimming

Any of these are good, but cardio is not the only exercise out there, weight training is also fun and can be used to help tone muscle.

sarahberry
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi Kristen!

Thank you so much for all of your help and suggestions.

I'm thinking about buying a treadmil - but will start before that arrives. (That part of me always looks for excuses to do it another day!) :) I'm getting better through!

I'll dive in with a brisk walk tonight and then a walk again in the AM. Maybe a 1/2 of a mile to start. :) I'm feeling better just thinking about it! I'm so excited! :carrot:

KristenElizabeth
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi Kristen!

Thank you so much for all of your help and suggestions.

I'm thinking about buying a treadmil - but will start before that arrives. (That part of me always looks for excuses to do it another day!) :) I'm getting better through!

I'll dive in with a brisk walk tonight and then a walk again in the AM. Maybe a 1/2 of a mile to start. :) I'm feeling better just thinking about it! I'm so excited! :carrot:

Way to go sarahberry!:cp:
You're well on your way. You have the right idea about not waiting until your treadmill comes just start NOW! I usually make excuses to exercise but we can all help each other stay on track, I'm always here to help and to get help lol. Keep going ladies and tell some otehr girls on here to get involved if they would like!

Keep up the good work ladies! :hug:

hellcatjill
04-03-2006, 06:34 PM
I did 10 minutes of pilates earlier today (my first real try at it), and I will be goign to the gym for an hour tonight. I will probably walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and spend the rest of the time with weight training.

I always feel so much better after I exercise! It's about the only way I can totally clear my mind and stop worrying about things. I'm a worrywart.

KristenElizabeth
04-03-2006, 08:02 PM
I am a worrywart too hellcatjill! lol

And Good Job with the exercise!
I recommend rewarding yourself at the end of the week by doing relaxation yoga or something, it's a great incentive for you to wrokout the whole week that does not include food.

You jsut put on relaxing music and breathe in and out through your nose for about 7 to 10 counts, and lie on your back, then roll to the side and then the other side. you can break up your lying position in time increments. It's very calming and 15 minutes of it done properly can feel like 5 hours of extra sleep!

GREAT JOB LADIES KEEP GOING!!

ripples57
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
SaraBerry & Kristen: I'm new here. 1st time on this site. It's great!! I'm doing Weight Watchers since Jan. 5th. Down 21 pounds and feeling sooo much better. I started doing videos by Leslie Sansone called Walk Away The Pounds also in Jan. They are GREAT, low impact cardio walking videos. I have a bad back and neck, and I did a 5 mile walking video the other day! The great thing is, on the days I can't go outside to walk, I always have these videos to use. I use them at least 5 days a week now. They are soooo addicting. If you are interested in them, you can go to collagevideo.com and it shows you descriptions and rates them, a lot of info too. Leslie also has a site of her own you can order them from-lesliesansone.com. I wish you good health and good luck. Enjoy your new life!! I know I am :}} Keepin' the faith...Dawn

KristenElizabeth
04-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks Dawn!
:wel3fc:
You are going to love this site it's the best motivational tool out there, I am finally motivated to lose weight thanks to the wonderful women here. On this thread we are trying to motivate each other to do some sort of cardio exercise to gain control of our health and beat heart disease since it is a major killer of women. :mad:

Anyway, you don't just have to o cardio that's why it's also called the fitness challenge. :running: :yoga: :ebike: :lifter: :strong: :belly:

Any of the workouts above could be done, it doesn't matter, the most important thing is that you keep moving.

And thanks for the advice with the Walk Away the Pounds videos, I have heard a lot about them, and I am thinking of purchasing them for myself, I also love Taebo, but that is stressful on my back so I try to be good.

I also like the Biggest Loser workouts with Bob the trainer from the show, they are pretty intense but they really give you results!

Keep s posted on what you are doing to los weight and when you exercise and enjoy the webiste becasue it's awesome!

Good Luck and Keep Going Ladies! :hug:

hellcatjill
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Welcome, Dawn! Good for you, dropping those 21 pounds. I've heard good things about the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs, but I haven't tried them yet.

ripples57
04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Kristen and Hellcat, thanks for the welcome. I'm so glad I found this site! Sounds like a great one:D I started out with the WATP set of 1,2, and 3 Mile. I did the one mile for about a week, then the 2 mile and have been doing the 3 mile for about a month now. I went online and ordered some new ones I got last week. WATP for Abs 3 mile I did today. It was GREAT! I'm 49 with 3 grown kids and if you'd told me a year ago at almost 200 pounds I would be doing this I would have said you were out of your mind! I am sooo glad I bought the first ones. I also got her Walk & Kick. It has some very good kick boxing moves that even I can do. I'm kind of clumsy, but after doing it a second time, I've really got the hang of it and it isn't any where near as strenuous as other kick boxing and tai bo videos. I watched my daughter do Billy Blanks?-I think thats what it was and it was wayyy to much for me, but this one is just perfect for me. Kristen I'd been considering getting one of the Biggest Loser dvds. Which one is it you have? I've heard good things about that group of videos too. Guess I'd better wait a bit before spending anymore $ on videos. My DH just laughed when I opened my box of new ones the other day. I was like a little kid at Christmas:dizzy: Well, nice chatting again. take care and I'm looking forward to keeping in touch. Keep on MOVIN':carrot:

hellcatjill
04-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Dawn--Isn't it exciting how fast you can change your lifestyle? I mean, a year ago you didn't see yourself doing exercise videos, and now you get so excited to get a new one! That's the way I am, too. I could look at the exercise stuff at Wal-Mart for an hour, just for fun! That's almost scary. Hehehe!

Well, didn't get in too much exercise. I used my gazelle for 20 minutes and took my dog for a walk/jog. Not as much jogging as walking, but I tried. ;)
I was pretty sore yesterday from the weights and pilates I did the day before, so I didn't do as much as I had originally planned.

Today I plan to do my few pilates moves again and then go to the gym this evening, probably for a 1/2 hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of weight training. My dh and I are going to Orlando (for a national business meeting for him, so nothing too exciting!) on the 23rd of this month, and I really want to do everything I can to hopefully whittle my stomach and thighs down a little bit, just in case I want to take a dip in the pool while I'm there! Less than three weeks left!

KristenElizabeth
04-05-2006, 05:09 PM
I have the Biggest Loser DVD... it's called

The Biggest Loser Workout
Volume 1

The front of it has some cast members and Bob the trainer from the tv show, I like it because there are 6 different workouts on the DVD and you can customize it by slecting which ones you want to do and whether or not you want the trainer Bob to talk.

hellcatjill
04-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I did pretty good with working out yesterday. I did my pilates exercises (which only takes about 10 minutes--supposed to help change your abs--hopefully flatten--in 3 weeks with proper eating and additional cardio) and then yesterday evening I went to the gym and ended up working out for an hour and a half! I went in early so I could tan, but the beds were in use, so I just started working out. Then there was nobody at the front desk that I could ask about getting a bed, so I just kept working out. LOL

On Thursdays my schedule is to use my Gazelle or at least 30 minutes. I'll probably get around to that a little later. Need to get some work done first (I work from home).

Rosario
04-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi gals!!

Can I join you here?? I'd like a somewhere where I can post and be accountable for all the excercise I am doing.

hellcatjill
04-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Rosario--Yes! The more the merrier! Welcome!

KristenElizabeth
04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes Rosario, OF COURSE YOU CAN JOIN!!
enjoy the thread and teh support and keep moving :)

Rosario
04-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks guys!!

So far I've got 40 mins of walking in. I hope to get more in later.

Kristen-is the Biggest loser workout pretty intense? It looks like fun but not too sure if I should buy it.

Let's keep on movin!!!

hellcatjill
04-06-2006, 06:22 PM
40 minutes of walking is great! Keep it up!

I've only done 15 minutes on the Gazelle so far. I will make sure to get another 15 minutes at least on it a little later.

hellcatjill
04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Okay, I got 15 more minutes in. It amazes me how I can work out for an hour when I have to drive to the gym to do it, but I'm so easily distracted and can't find the time for a long workout when I'm at home.

KristenElizabeth
04-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Rosario- The DVD is great because you cna pick workouts you want to do, if you do any of teh weight trainign ones you will need weights or something heavy to hold. I think they are a god workout because they make you sweat and are semi-intense but I don't think its that difficult.

hellcatjill-good jobwith the exercise

I have been so bummed I am sick this whole week and the doc stil says wait ti lyou feel 100 right now I am at like an 80

hellcatjill
04-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh, Kristen, hope you feel 100% better soon! When we first joined the gym, it was during cold and flu season and I was seriously sick every other week with horrible, horrible flu. I got so discouraged because I had been working out at least 5 days a week and then I couldn't do anything at all for a week.

Rosario
04-07-2006, 10:13 AM
hellcatjill-great job getting your time in on the gazelle. i know what you mean about being distracted. my bf bugs the crap out of me when he sees me on the eliptical and i have to stop and start again. i'm better off being outside or at the gym.

kristen-i hope you feel better soon. get your rest right now so you can hop back in the workout wagon when you're feeling better. there's no point in trying to rush it now because if you don't let your body recuperate you'll probably get sick again and be out another week :( just hang in there and try to get better

Last night- i did another 40 minutes on the treadmill (15 minutes jogging, 25 minutes walking) and an hour of tennis with the bf. I was on a roll!!!! :)

Have a good day girls!!!

KristenElizabeth
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
hey hellcatjill

thats how i feel prety discouraged but i have to get happy my birthday is next week!

Rosario
04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
where is everyone???!!

let's see Friday was 40 min of walking
Saturday-90 minutes tennis
Sunday-100 min tennis

How'd you girls do over the weekend??

KristenElizabeth
04-13-2006, 02:50 PM
hey guys got back from vacation
so its back to excersise

Rosario
04-13-2006, 06:08 PM
welcome back kirsten! hope you're ready to get your butt moving!!!

Rosario
04-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Thursday

20 minutes jogging
20 minutes walking
40 minutes Slim in 6

woo hoo!!!!! ::carrot::

KristenElizabeth
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Yes I am especially ready to start since I gained weight on vacation :mad: I really didn't enjoy myself, I was all depressed on my birthday yesterday it wasn't good. Anyway, I am back today anmd I am going to start up. Ill message when I have done some exercise.
bye bye

Rosario
04-14-2006, 12:34 PM
aww, i'm sorry you were sad on your b-day. that's not fun. don't worry about your gain.....just jump back right in and get to it. Working out helps me when I'm depressed or frustrated or upset. It just makes me feel really good about myself when I get through an intense workout. Maybe you should try it when you are feeling down.

Happy belated B-day!!!

KristenElizabeth
04-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks Rosario.

I am about to say something I know is terribly greedy but one thing that did cheer me up was getting lots of money for my birthday! It sounds so greedy but at least I am not happy the most about my cake or anything. anyway, I am going to try and exercise the only way I think i will bounce back is by exercising just like you said. Exericse also releases endorphines which make you happy so that is good. I have to remeber exercise can make me happy and food only mkaes me sad in the long run. Exercise can give me immediate happiness just like eating chocolate, but in the long run I will be even happier not depressed.

Rosario
04-17-2006, 11:08 AM
LOL Kristen. mY birthday is tomorrow so I know how you feel. Plus if we lose weight...think about all the new clothes we can buy with our money. I am sooo looking forward to that!!!

No excercise to report for the weekend. Bad, bad weekend. But Ipromise this week will be better!!!

Rosario
04-17-2006, 03:03 PM
40 min walking...so far

KristenElizabeth
04-17-2006, 07:19 PM
I didn't exercise this weekend either but today i was back to spinning club for bout 45 minutes and we did ab work. I am having troubles with food though! uggh. anyway, I am tryint ot tone up because I want to try out for my high school cheerleading squad. I really want to make it but I don't know if I will, my friends who were on this year are going to train me. o boy! lol

Rosario
04-18-2006, 03:18 PM
that sounds like so much fun, kristen!!!! I wish I was you! I was on my hs pepsquad for 3 years. I loved it!!!!! I would of loved it more if i was smaller and thinner but I still had lots of fun. with that as your goal, you should be able to kick butt and stick with your plan. good luck!!! when are your tryouts???

KristenElizabeth
04-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey guys I did 45 minutes of cardio circuit training today.
My tryouts are at teh end of may to early June so I have like a month and a half to get in better shape. I am having trouble with food still and with my toe touches, and a few other jumps I have to be able to do to make the squad. I am not sure if I will make it there are only 12 spots available on the squad and there are already 19 girls on freshman his year so
I have a slim chance of making it. I have to be positive! UGGH!

Rosario
04-21-2006, 02:21 PM
thursday 4-20

on treadmill 25 min walking, 15 min jogging

Kristen-with that attitude you will not be making it girlie!! stay positive and try your hardest. try out like you know you've already made it and all your confidence will shine through. I know you can stick with it and make the squad!!!! keep us posted.

the most important thing-----don't forget to smile!!!:)

KristenElizabeth
04-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks Rosario.
I have ben good this week 3 days of cardio classes andoday I am exercising right now so I gtg! :)

KristenElizabeth
04-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey ladies

Yesterday I did a bootcamp cardio workout ( soooo intense) and then weight training. I have been working on my cheerleading jumps so I hope that helps..It seems like Rosario and I are the only ones here Where did everyone go?

Rosario
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
where did everyone go??!! Well I'll still be here for accountability reasons.

yay!! I finally worked out yesterday!!!

60 min-tennis, singles

KristenElizabeth
04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Rosario
I walked the dog yesterday and today I am going to get a little weight training and stretching maybe cardio if im lucky, so i better get started!

Rosario
04-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Kristen-hope you got your cardio in yesterday

Tuesday night-22 min SI6
32 min George Foreman Circuit walk
6 min walking

Reached my hour goal. Yay!!!

KristenElizabeth
04-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Good job rosario! :)

Yesterday i got my bootcamp cardio workout in (25 minutes)
and today I did spinning and abdominals.(45min)

Not great but not bad :)

hellcatjill
04-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Hi girls, I'm back! We just got back from Florida (mostly a business trip, but I did get to lie by the pool some, too). We've been having car problems (with two of our three cars, can you believe that?!), so my dh has been taking the one car that runs to work (I work from home), so I haven't been going to the gym. I have been trying to lift some weights and use my Gazelle at least every other day, and I went to the hotel gym twice while we were gone, so I guess I haven't been doing all that bad.

Rebeca
05-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Hey girls! I am abut to join all of you!!! I need to get my lazy a$$ back to workinng out!!! TOnight I will do 20min on the gazelle!!! Maybe more...I will keep of you you posted tomorrow!

Rosario- GREAT JOB WITH ALL OF THE WORKOUT!!! Playing Tennis is a great workout...icant catch my breath when i play!

Kriten- Great job with the workout too!!! Sorry you had a sad BDAY but just think of everyday being your BDAY! After all, you get older each day!!! Plan another Bday for yourself which you dont have to invite anyone, just have ONE day to relax and do everything you LOVE!

KristenElizabeth
05-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey Rebeca,
Sounds great about the workout, jill I can't beleive you worked out while on vacation. I am not that dedicated, good job!
Keep up the exercise girls!

Rosario
05-01-2006, 05:52 PM
glad to hear you girls are sticking with it.

I've been out of the excercise routine for a couple of days now. Don't know when I'll be back in. I'm not feeling too good. My family was visiting but now they've gone back home and I am too sad to do much of anything. I'm going to try to push myself but I can't make any promises.

You gals keep it up!!

hellcatjill
05-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh, Rosario, maybe you need some hugs to feel better. (((HUGS)))

Kristen, yeah, I worked out on vacation, but mostly because I hadn't been doing too well at working out before I left. I think I've gained a couple pounds. Bleh. I need to get back to the gym, but it's pretty much impossible right now since we live 30 minutes away and I currently have no running car. So frustrating! I have been doing bad with my eating, too, but I'm really trying hard today to get back on track.

KristenElizabeth
05-02-2006, 07:00 PM
You can do it Rosario, I have been out ofthe loop of exercise now for a few days too, I will exercise if you will!

Rebeca
05-03-2006, 11:03 AM
gOOD morning girlies-
I tried to excercise this week but it being my final week I only got 10min from my 620min workout goal for may!

Rosario- I am sorry you have feeling bad! TRy to get a little goal met like 10 or 20min! That will seem easier and hopefully you will feel better!

Rosario
05-05-2006, 12:57 PM
no excercise to report. I've been very bad this entire month. I hope to be back on track this weekend!!!

KristenElizabeth
05-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Me to rosario, but I worked out a little today only like 15 min. though

Rosario
05-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey Kirsten, Jill, And Rebeca!! How is the excercise coming along??

I only got 30 min of walking in yesterday. Today is gonna be much better, though. I can feel it.

KristenElizabeth
05-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Yesterday I did 30 minutes of spinning but today I feel really bad. OMg there re only 18 days left until cheerleading tryouts Rosario! I am so nervous. One of the things we get scored on is jumps, and mine are really bad, seriously :(!!!

Rosario
05-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Aww...don't worry Kristen. Just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll get better. You know what helps too, is stretching like crazy. You want to be really flexible. the key is staying confident!!

I only got 20 minutes of walking in yesterday. Today I want to do way better.

Rosario
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM
woohoo!! 40 min of walking already done. yeah!!!

KristenElizabeth
05-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Alright his week I got...
Monday- 40 minutes of cycling.
Wednesday-40 minutes of step aerobics
Thursday-60 minutes of circuit training.

Everyday I have been stretching and practicing for cheer but i don;t see much improvement, I am getting really discouraged and I am not sure if I should try out for cheerleading anymore. Mayb it would be good to keep training and practicing and do cross-country running instead of cheerleading this year and then maybe try out next year.

Rosario
05-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Kristen-If you really don't want to then you shouldn't. but it never hurts to try. you might surprise yourself on how well you do at the tryouts.

Saturday-20 mins dancing
Sunday-20 mins walking

Not much for the weekend. But I am planning to do better this week.

Rebeca
05-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Ladies you guyz are just doing wonderful!

My lazy fat a$$ havent worked out lately

I got 580 minutes left for my 620 min May fitness goal!

Gym is waiting for me tonight!

Rosario
05-19-2006, 03:21 PM
rebecca-did you make it to the gym??

Thursday-40 min of SI6...phew...what a workout.

Come on everybody. Keep it up!!!! :carrot:

KristenElizabeth
05-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Alright, this week has been soo depressing for me and I have been binging and not exercising. Don't worry though I am getting back on the wagon.

Rebeca
05-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Rosario I did make to the Gym that night! And I also made my parents buy two bikes so i can go riding!!!!

Are you feeling better Kristen? How are you Rosario?

I have a 500 abs and 350workout min to go for the month of may! Does anyone wants to join me?

Rebeca
05-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I am on the roll....

270 Min to go for my May goal!

400 abs to go for my May goal....

Rosario
05-25-2006, 03:51 PM
awesome rebeca. keep at it girl!!!!

40 min of slim in 6 :carrot:

I woke up at 6am today to get my workout done. Wow, it was awesome. I hope this becomes a new habit for me.

Hows it going Kristen?

KristenElizabeth
05-25-2006, 04:39 PM
No major binges as of this week but not much exercise either. I am going to do weight lifting and walk the dog tonite.
Keep going ladies!

Rebeca
05-25-2006, 08:33 PM
250 min to go for May Goal 20 Min of threadmill... 8 running
370 abs to go for May goal! (30 abs)

For my DH birthday I am going to dress very sexy so I gotta get my a$$ in shape (a little better shape at least) in 2 weeks! I am becoming obcessed with exercise now!

How are you chickies doing???

Good for not binging this week Kristen!

Rosario _ I too woke up at 6 to get my exercise in..I am so tired now, I still have 3 hrs of class! Cant wait to go home!

KristenElizabeth
05-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I have to wrokout now
I just bought a tankini from victorias secret and it looks pretty cute but I realized I really need to get back on the band wagon
sInce tomorrow I going to be gorgeous I am going to walk around the lake near my house. Its about 2 miles around and then theres a hills thats 2 miles up and 2 miles down!
After I come home today from my buys life I think I will do a biggest loser workout. o boy yeay from swim suit season!

Rebeca
05-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I did 30 min of cardio Saturday and 50 abs the same day...
sunday i played with the kids in the pool for 3 hours but i wont count that!
This morning did another 30 min of cardio!
190 min to go for May Goal (I gotta do one hour a day for 3 days to catch up)
320 abs to go for May goal! (50 abs) Gotta do 107 per day for 3 days!

KristenElizabeth
05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Rebeca- Good Job with working out thats so good!

Ok today I am going to workout today....
Abdominals at least 50 and then maybe swimming and definitly some cardio
ok going to get it over with

Rebeca
05-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Kristen- Thanks!

I find it so much easier to do when you have a goal for yourself! I also challenged myself do to 50abs a day, obviously doesnt always work that way but lets see...

KristenElizabeth
05-29-2006, 02:37 PM
I know what u mean about the goals..I kept my 50 abs goal for today so thats good, I am going to do laps in the pool so better get going! lol
bye

Rebeca
05-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Bye Kristen! Hope you have a good workout!

Rosario
05-30-2006, 07:08 PM
hey you guys are doing great. keeping your goals and all.

Kirsten-oooh a bathing suit is an awesome motivator. i hope you get that extra push to keep working out.

Rebecca-keep going girl!! i think you'll definitely hit those goals. keep it up.

no real excercise for me to report. boo to me. but i know i will get some in tonite. i'll let you gals know how i did tomorrow.

have a great nite!!!

Rebeca
05-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey Kristen...whassup!
Come on Rosario, You can do it!!!

I got 90 min of exercise since yesterday! 20 min threadmill 10streching (includes 50 crunches) with yoga ball and 60 aerobics this morning!

100 to go for my 620 min for May
270 abs to go! for mays goal!

Rosario
06-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I haven't worked out yet. Lazy me better get with it!!!

Rebeca-did you make your goals???!!

Rebeca
06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Good Morning! Happy June!!! WHAT IS EVERYONE's JUNE GOALS?

I got 30 min of exercise this morning! 70 Crunches!

Rosario I did not meet my goal but got quite close! So i am going to pay the price for it in June! Are you guyz up for a June challenge???? I gotta loose this weight its just killing me already!

Here it is my June's goals:

70 to go for my 620 min for May (it might be one or two days late)
720 Min for my June Goal! + 70min left from May= 790 Min for June's Goal!
200 abs to go! for mays goal! + 500 June Goal! = 700 crunches for June's Goal!

KristenElizabeth
06-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok so yesterday I did my 100 crunches and
today i did 20 minutes of VIGOROUS dance
I am going to do my 100 crunches in a few

I made a June calender on Excel and then I filled in activity for everyday, hopefully that keeps me on target good luck !!

June Goals:
-5 lbs
Do at least 500 minutes of cardio
Do at least 2,000 crunches

KristenElizabeth
06-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Alright, so for June I madce an excersise calender for myself, and today it says I am going to walk around the lake by my house-buts its raining, so I will ahve to change that.
This month I really am going to make a huge effort to exercise, because teh alst month I was bad. I gtg get dressed and exercise:running: :woops: :bike2: , good luck everyone!

Rosario
06-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Good morning everybody.

rebeca-awesome on almost making it to your goals. I'm sure you will definitely be making your June goals. Go for it!!

Kristen-an excercise calendar is a great tool to keep you on track. I i hope it makes it easier for you to get your excercise in.

Well, there are already 4 days gone so my June goals will be starting today
26 days
1560 minutes of excercise
2600 crunches

That sounds like a lot, but I know if I set my mind to it, I can do it.

Good Luck to you girls!!!

Rebeca
06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Good MOrning! I was a lazy @$$ on the weekend but yesterday i swimed and this morning was 20 min of cardio and 70 crunches!

kristen- I have an excel spreadsheet that keeps me on track on my weight and also on my monthly fitness goal! I can email it to you if you want!

Rebeca
06-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Rosario- that definally sounds like a whole lot! my goal seems so small compared to yours! But good luck, i know you can do it!

Rebeca
06-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Last night we went out dancing... we were there from 11 until 2!
I am not going to count that as exercise, just because, and it was too much fun!

790 Min for June's Goal! - 60 min done =660 Min. left
700 crunches for June's Goal!-70 crunches = 560 Crunches left

Rebeca
06-09-2006, 03:01 PM
790 Min for June's Goal! - 60 min done =615 Min. left

Rosario
06-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone!!!

Rebeca-you're doing awesome!! keep it up!!

Kristen-how is it going with you?? did you decide to try out after all??

Yesterday I finally got some excercise in. But I've only made a small dent in my big ol pile of minutes. Just have to keep going!!

1560min-40 min=1520
2600 crunches-100 crunches=2500

I really do have my work cut out for me.

Hope you gals are well!!

Rebeca
06-14-2006, 10:57 AM
790 Min for June's Goal! - 45 min done =585 Min. left

Hey ROsario- Are you excited about your trip??? Come on girl you can do it!!!
Kriten- Let us know how everything turned out, Are you ok??? I have been missing you for couple of days already!

KristenElizabeth
06-14-2006, 08:11 PM
I did not try out, but next year I am definitley going to!! I can promise that. I will have a whole year of conditioning behind me and I will be so much more confident

I am also trying out for a captain of one of my dnace teams 4 dances next year, WHITE POM!! lol I can't ait

with exams i haven't been working out but once school is over I wil be VERRRRRy dedicated

KristenElizabeth
06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
hey rebecca could u send me that spread sheet u were talking about?

Rosario
06-15-2006, 10:05 AM
2500cr-200cr=2300crunches
1520min-20min=1500min

man the crunches are way easier to get done than the excercise!!

rebeca-yes I am excited!! i'm only going for the weekend but I haven't been there since Sept. of last year. Ima get to chill with the family and everything. And I get to eat at all th places I miss. Bad, I know. But it's only for the weekend. hey you are doing awesome. I bet you'll meet your goal and early too!

kristen-you are on a dance team and you were hesitant about making it on cheer?? that's crazy. I think you would of definitely made it. My sis made her pep squad for next year. she's gonna b a freshman. I'm so happy for her. Good luck on going for captain!!

KristenElizabeth
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
well the only thing about the dance team is that its an "activity" and there are 2 teams in the school, you are automatically put on the team and then u can just sign up so there are no tryouts.

But don't worry next year I am going to try out I know u want me to and i want to as well, I have succccccch a good change next year its rediculous! anyway, I am going ot workout now, goo luck to u all with exercise!

an i agree-crunches are easy to do but the cardio blah! lol

Rebeca
06-21-2006, 01:05 PM
790 Min for June's Goal! - 45 min done =475 Min. left
700 crunches for June's Goal!-70 crunches = 550 Crunches left

Hey ROsario- Hope you have a blast!!!
Kriten- I hope the spreadsheet helps!

KristenElizabeth
06-22-2006, 11:35 PM
the spread sheet!!!!! omg I LOOOOOOVE it!!!!
what a great idea

I walked and jogged ( alternating
when I got out of breathe) for 4.5 miles!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!

I am going to do 50 crunches then take a shower
REbecca I LOOOVE THE SPREAD SHEET thank you sooo much!

Rebeca
06-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Kristen- Glad you liked it! Hope it helps you as much as it helps me!

Rosario
06-23-2006, 02:58 PM
CaN i get the spreadsheet too???

Rebeca
06-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Rosario, PM me your email and I will send it to you...

Rebeca
07-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Where are you guyz at?

KristenElizabeth
07-05-2006, 04:42 PM
hey guys
sry i have not been here in a while
i have been doing waks/jogs around the lake near my home
i need to rev. up my exercise though,
I am going to a specialist because my regular M.D. thinks my eating sounds like an ED so I am going there next week
i lost so much weight last week and i had a bigg binge and well pooff!! its back again

Rosario
07-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Rebeca-I couldn't get the spreadsheet open. I only use the computer at work, and it is alll screwy right now. So I'll just have to do without it right now. but thanks anyway!!

kristen-at least u have been keeping active. hope everything turns out good with the specialist. don't sweat that binge. just don't let it take over you and you'll be back in the game.

I say we kick it up this month ladies. I haven't been doing regular excercise. This weekend was helping the in-laws move, but I was really getting a workout from it. My goal for July is 1860 excercise minutes and so far I've got 240 minutes in. I think that's better than last month already.

Today it's back to the regular routine.

Hope you gals are good!!

KristenElizabeth
07-08-2006, 10:23 PM
i walked this week a good amount and today my windsor pilates came in the mail so of course I HAD TO open it...it actually give s u a great workout an the sculpting circle really works

KristenElizabeth
07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey all I am starting a new thread for this because it is getting too long so It will be titled
Fitness Challenge II

daonleebabe
07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Im in ;0)