Old 03-25-2006, 02:44 PM   #1  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Exclamation Restraining Order on Nutella!

I don't prescribe to diets or other such 'get slim quick' deals because I don't believe I can maintain a lifestyle without treats every once in a while. This is why I've always been a calorie counter. In the grand scheme of things, what's a 80 calorie cookie anyway?

BUT the one food I have never been able to keep in check is Nutella! If I have a tablespoon of that stuff it's OVER. I might as well surrender because no amount of will power will stop it from getting in my tummy! Trust me I've tried! I no longer buy it and I've told my room mates that if they buy it to keep it in their rooms because I cannot contain myself! I've even gone so far as to eating my room mates container of it and feeling so guilty about it that I went to the 24 hour convenient store at 11 o'clock at night to buy more so she wouldn't notice! haha I ended up telling her about it the next day and we had a good laugh about it.

So what's your food that you just have to avoid all together for fear of going over the edge?
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #2  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

Hi!

Even now, after my gastric bypass, I can't look at an oreo - or I'll eat the whole bag. I have no idea why I have such a love affair with the nasty things. LOL And I may be a bit silly, but is nutella like a peanut butter? If so, I can understand your addiction to it. I love peanut butter! Ahh, peanut butter and oreos - just kill me now...
chaoskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Peanutbutter! I cannot eat just one spoonful. Can't do it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #4  
My Incentive Pic

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Nuts!

Nuts do me in every time. Any kind of nuts peanuts, pistachios, cashews,
my dad gives me bags of hickory nuts mmmm...Even sunflower seeds.
They do me in every time, amd they are loaded with calories and fats.
littlegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:15 AM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Any kind of chocolate, especially ice cream, I just can't stop.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #6  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

OMG, Nutella on waffles! Shhhhh! Calorie wise it's hardly any different than PB, just has the carb vs. protein ratio backwards! I cannot have it in the house either because I've been known to eat it with a spoon too.

But, I'd have to say salted nuts, especially cashews, are the easiest food for me to lose control with. I can manage keeping plain unsalted almonds around and eat just 3-4 to add some healthy fat with a low fat meal. But the salted kind...FORGET ABOUT IT!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #7  
LLV

I'll have to agree with a couple of others and say nuts. I'm crazy about peanuts. But I only like the ones that are still in the shell. I get started cracking on those babies and I can't stop. Could be worse, nuts are good for you and full of heart-healthy fats, but they're a little pricey on the calorie side, so I have to be careful once I get started.

I'm never without a bag of peanuts in the house.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #8  
Susan hockeyfan7

Jelly Bellys -- I can eat a pound in one sitting easy.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #9  
Stu's Angel <3

S/C/G: 245 lbs / 220 lbs / 150 lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas
OMG, Nutella on waffles! Shhhhh! Calorie wise it's hardly any different than PB, just has the carb vs. protein ratio backwards! I cannot have it in the house either because I've been known to eat it with a spoon too.

But, I'd have to say salted nuts, especially cashews, are the easiest food for me to lose control with. I can manage keeping plain unsalted almonds around and eat just 3-4 to add some healthy fat with a low fat meal. But the salted kind...FORGET ABOUT IT!
I'm the same way with cashews. They're impossible for me to resist. I can't shop for groceries because I can't resist buying them, thinking I'll be able to only eat a few... when that isn't true at all. D:
Chemicat is offline   Reply With Quote