LA Weight Loss - A starch is typically what...help!

deetsmom
03-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Youd think that once youre on maintennance, they would give you the magic key to the codes for the exchanges- NOT! They tell you some foods you can have but nothing specific on how to figure stuff out. I emailed the dieticians about this, but do any of you have a take on what a starch typically is in terms of caloric content, etc?

I bought something YUMMY and its 100 cals, 2.5g fat, and 4g protein..what the heck would that count as?! One starch? Two? This is a cake, believe it or not, from the company Vitalicious, if any of you know it..REALLY good and packed with fiber too.

I also got this defatted peanut spread at Trader Joes that has the same caloric content...both are low in sodium too, under 120mg. Would the spread be a fat or a protein, I wonder. Any advice on this?

marbear
03-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Anything from 40-90 cals I would think would be a reg. starch, but I would consider anything up to 110 or so a limited starch (however many is in a mini bagel since I think they are the highest cal starch...I know there aren't really limited foods anymore, but I'd do it like a bagel and enjoy it a few times a week instead of every day. That is just MY take on the situation.

If the peanut spread is the same on protein as peanut butter, why not try counting it as pb?