LA Weight Loss - Biggest Noticeable Change since LAWL??

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Okay chickies - I was thinking of doing a fun post....

What is the most noticeable change since starting LAWL?

Control? Motivation? Food habits? Execise? Energy? Anything......SV or NSV

I think my biggest accomplishment is that I don't have my afternoon cravings anymore like I used to. Before LAWL - I would eat lunch and less than 30 minutes I would want something sweet - just crave chocolate or anything even if I was stuffed. Now I noticed that my body has really learned it's comfort zone and doesn't really on the sweet fix after a meal to feel complete!! That is a great victory for me because I feel as if - I overcome a major obstacle in my weightloss journey......

Can't wait to hear any others.....I know we are all busy, but I thought this would be fun!!!

deetsmom
03-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Understanding BALANCE, thats the key with this program AND being smaller than I ever have been in my adult life.

rad7775
03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
My biggest accomplishment is start eating new vegetables an feel that I have more ENERGY than before. Before, I was allways tired, and just for talking on the phone I feel without breath. I just hated to feel that way,and even when I commit my sins:devil: once in a while I don't want to go back to feel that way again. I want to look like this:carrot: not like this :moo::ink: anymore! So thanks LAWL for give me back my energy.!

Gamababa3
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Looking & feeling better. Learning to eat healthier.

marbear
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
For the first time ever, I realize that starches are NOT your friends ;)

30lbsby22
03-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Making sensible choices in my food. And hopefully one day soon it will be smaller clothes!!

Repo girl
03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
My biggest change is the lack of starch cravings. I felt like you did Heather, like I NEEDED something sweet. On my way to work last summer I would stop for coffee every morning. I would buy 2 crispy creme doughnuts, and scarf one before I got to work so that my staff would not know that I was eating 2. I would always buy a candy bar when I bought gas or groceries. I would always order dessert in a restaurant. When I went to McDonalds, I would order a meal AND a chicken sandwich off the dollar menu, and scarf down the chicken on the way home so that DH did not know that I ate that much. Now I don't even have the urge to eat like that. I used to leave restaurants with my blood sugar sky high, feeling like crap. That never happens now. I used to cook with no regard to fat, sodium, or carbs. Never again. I guess the other biggest change for me is that I my fibromyalgia is so much better. I used to have these painful massages to work all of the trapped lymph (toxins) out of my sore body, since I have lost weight and started exercising, my body has started moving it's own lymph. I sleep better, feel better, and of course, look better. Now when a man says hello in a store, or catches my eye and smiles, I know it is because I look good, and that makes me feel awesome. The WL has also done good things for DH in the bedroom. I have also made so many great friends here on 3FC, you ladies really enrich my life. My life has been changed in many ways, this has certainly been an exciting journey so far! Thanks Heather, what a great thread.

ConnorsMum
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
I use my fruit servings and my bars as my sweet fix instead of candy (I love candy!). I also love feeling energized after a meal, not feeling like I need to take a nap.

rad7775
03-20-2006, 06:29 PM
KATIE:
That is so sweet what you said about the site at the end of your post! You are a sweetheart!:)

CandlePrincess
03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I think for me the biggest change for me is I don't feel tired all the time. Like you Katie, I was a "secret eater". I would buy 2 donuts, and extra food and eat it before anyone else would know. Now I don't do that. I used to come home from work and have to take a 2 hour nap...but now I don't. Before joining LAWL I could not have kept up with my DFSs and now I am able to take care of them and to have fun with them too! I hope down the road to be able to add a bunch of other things this weight loss has done to make my life better!

Repo girl
03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Good for you Heather. Wonder what the "secret eating" is all about. Well, I guess for me it was shame, embarrassment, etc. Emotional eating. I think that I am finally learning to love myself enough to say no to hurting my body. Whew, I'll get off of the therapists couch now!

marbear
03-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I ate 2 mugs of cereal tonight and I felt so guilty making them. When I was a child I would eat 2 bowls of cereal at a time, too. I think it was boredom and pleasure. At least I stuck to a coffee cup instead of a heaping bowl. Tomorrow is another day, huh?

Repo girl
03-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, it is. And you will be POP, and the cereal incident will be forgotten.

pinkflamingo68
03-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Great Post Heather! Very motivational...

I think the biggest thing to me - that I never thought would be a side effect- after being sort of a career dieter..,trying lots of different diets (yet not sticking with anything) is that...I now realize the great amount of energy and self-abuse I put into beating myself up for making what I KNEW were terrible food choices! I would do the "secret eating" thing, and then...the rest of the day I hated myself for it! And the constant..."Well, I'll start TOMORROW on the such and such diet"... which, of course, tomorrow never came, until I joined LAWL.

Now I can be proud every day (even if that's difficult sometimes) that I am honoring my body with the right fuel, and looking better each day!

Hugs to all,
Ange

StargazerJMK
03-21-2006, 12:42 AM
My biggest change, besides the one on the scale is that I'm down a whole size already! YEAH.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm so glad that some of you have really enjoyed this post and hopefully (like me) it made you aware of actually how many big changes that have happened - especially NSV!! I could list several....I'm just happy that I found this board with the support - it has been a life changer for me - I don't feel deprived anymore when someone eats something around me that is not OP - I just feel like I'm making better choices.......

You chickies are great and ditto to Katie's last part of her post!!!!

Boo'sMom
03-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Wow--it seems many of us have the same views. I was a closet eater because if no one saw me eat it, then it didn't count. If people saw me eat junk then they could say I deserved my weight problem, this was they could wonder why on earth I was heavy. I now know I was (probably still a little bit) of a carb addict--I felt a real high when I ate carbs. Until LAWL I rarely ate anything before 2:00 pm, but then didn't stop until bedtime. I never went to bed without Rolaids. My body must have been miserable. So yes, now I have less cravings, sleep much better, and even with only a 21 pound loss my self esteem is much better.

One thing I have noticed with everyone here is the guilt factor, the new ways we reward ourselves, and what we consider "treat" foods. I used to could eat a whole basket of chips and salsa with 2 margaritas before dinner even arrived and didn't feel the amount of guilt 5 chips give me now. I reward myself with massages and pedicures (and Myrtle Beach!) instead of a Snickers or Krispy Kreme. And now my treat foods are grapes with yogurt or my Lite! I can make a stick of string cheese last half an hour and enjoy every nibble!

Thanks to everyone for being here, supporting one another, listening to rants and whines, and mostly for sharing your wisdom and success.

emmysmom
03-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm so happy to know that I'm not alone with the "closet eating". I was actually to the point where I would be nervous if I got to work and realized that I didn't have any junkfood in my desk. I would stock up on anything and everything and "sneak" all day...and I mean ALL day! Those cravings have passed and that anxiety which is a wonderful feeling. I notice that now when I see someone I haven't seen in a while, I have so much self confidence. I can look people directly in the eyes and feel more outgoing and happy about who I am. I'm definitely happier overall. People ask me how I'm losing weight, so it is becoming more noticeable. And you chickies here are the absolute best!!! Wouldn't it just be awesome if we could all get together someday? How fun would that be??!!

Repo girl
03-21-2006, 11:17 AM
It would be so great! Wonder how we could find a sponsor to pay for our reunion?

rad7775
03-21-2006, 11:19 AM
I was thinking about that too. That would be great!!

emmysmom
03-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Maybe LAWL could sponsor us!

Boo'sMom
03-21-2006, 11:26 AM
LAWL should pay for it--no telling how many people have joined after reading this site!! They've certainly made enough off of us!!

rad7775
03-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Maybe they will and also 3fc. We can send letters or e-mails telling about our experiences and how much we have succeed in the program and how much this site have help us! oh, oh here we go again!

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-21-2006, 11:37 AM
well by the way the moderators were talking about us in the other thread - I doubt they would help.....didn't sound so positive about our LAWL - but we can do it either way - I was on a pregnancy message board and about 20 girls got together in FL after having the babies - I didn't go - but my BF did.....she said it was really neat

rad7775
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Well, I don't know if this could help, but my DH works with United Airlines.

PURPLEPIRATE99
03-21-2006, 11:41 AM
now you're talking Milca!!!! heheheheh

savannahsmomma
03-21-2006, 11:41 AM
It is so wonderful to read your positive thoughts and stories. With just 7 pounds of weight loss when I look in the mirror I think I see a difference! :p I think it's all physcological, but, I'll take it! I can't wait to get up to 20, 30 pounds and beyond. That will be so thrilling!

rad7775
03-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Chicago is one of the main bases for United Airlines, so what I can do is talk to DH when he come back from his trip and see if United can give a group discount on the tickets. Then we can talk with LAWL to see if they can help in something $$$.

StargazerJMK
03-21-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm so happy to know that I'm not alone with the "closet eating". I was actually to the point where I would be nervous if I got to work and realized that I didn't have any junkfood in my desk. I would stock up on anything and everything and "sneak" all day...and I mean ALL day! Those cravings have passed and that anxiety which is a wonderful feeling. I notice that now when I see someone I haven't seen in a while, I have so much self confidence. I can look people directly in the eyes and feel more outgoing and happy about who I am. I'm definitely happier overall. People ask me how I'm losing weight, so it is becoming more noticeable. And you chickies here are the absolute best!!! Wouldn't it just be awesome if we could all get together someday? How fun would that be??!!

Oh man, I used to eat in the car, and then make sure that all evidence was in the garbage can outside. I agree, I felt if no one saw, it didn't count. Boy was I wrong. My other problem was, "Well, I'll just finish this, and then I'll watch what I eat starting tomorrow". Unfortunately for me, Tomorrow never did come.

Repo girl
03-21-2006, 12:22 PM
LAWL could use us to make a commercial. I guess we could pretend that we all met on the LAWL at home message boards, hehehe. They flew two of my counselors to Florida to make commercials a couple of months ago. Better yet, maybe we could be a special episode of The Biggest Loser!

rad7775
03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
WOW, THE BIGGEST LOSER, LAWL EDITION. I knew that I was going to be a hollywood star one day!:beach::lol: I think we should try, what are we going to lose? Katie: Totally agree, LAWL could use us in one commercial. We could start the first annual LAWL reunion.

rad7775
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Joan:Girl, It did come, you have lost 22 lbs.!

pinkflamingo68
03-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Seriously-if we all got together and lost a cumulative 1000 lbs???

green0923
03-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Biggest changes for me ...

1. Loose fitting clothes (down 2+ sizes in 2 months)!
2. Scale ... HUGE change
3. What I eat, crave. I don't really have the desire to snack that I used to have. And when I go out, I am tempted to order something yummy like a greasy cheeseburger and fries, but then I come back to reality -- can't lose the weight by eating THAT way!
4. My grocery bill has gone WAY up, but the cash I spend on breakfasts, lunches, and dinners out has gone WAY down. There was a time when I would eat out 10 times or more a week! Now THAT gets expensive!
5. The way I feel. Energized. I can run around and play with the kids much better than ever before, and it will only get easier from here!
6. My insulin use has cut in half since being on the program.

I agree ... it sure would be fun to do a 3fc LAWL reunion!

StargazerJMK
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Joan:Girl, It did come, you have lost 22 lbs.!

You're absolutely RIGHT. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks!!!:hug:

Repo girl
03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Lets do some math:

1- Katie- 48 lbs

emmysmom
03-21-2006, 02:31 PM
1- Katie- 48 lbs
2- Tina - 26.2

Boo'sMom
03-21-2006, 02:32 PM
2. Lea Ann (Boo's Mom) -21 lbs (69 total for 1 & 2)

this could get interesting!

juliemarie
1- Katie- 48 lbs
2- Tina - 26.2
3.juliemarie-59lbs

Boo'sMom
Oops-Tina snuck in on me!
1. Katie-48
2. Tina-26.2
3. Lea Ann-21--total for all 95.2 lbs!!

angelica1674
03-21-2006, 02:33 PM
1- Katie- 48 lbs
2- Tina - 26.2
3- Angelica- 65 lbs

juliemarie
03-21-2006, 02:33 PM
okay-we're all posting at the same time;)

1- Katie- 48 lbs
2- Tina - 26.2
3.juliemarie-59lbs
4. Lean Ann-21

juliemarie
03-21-2006, 02:34 PM
dammit! I give up!

angelica1674
1- Katie- 48 lbs
2- Tina - 26.2
3.juliemarie-59lbs
4. Lean Ann-21
5. Angelica-65lbs

Boo'sMom
Juliemarie--I like the Freudian slip--LEAN Ann--haha

angelica1674
03-21-2006, 02:35 PM
I think we got it now,lol

Boo'sMom
03-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Katie--you got us all excited!!

1- Katie- 48 lbs
2- Tina - 26.2
3.juliemarie-59lbs
4. Lean Ann-21
5. Angelica-65lbs (total for all 5=219.2)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

juliemarie
03-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Hee hee-that's funny-we'll have to leave it like that!

Boo'sMom
03-21-2006, 02:38 PM
it IS funny --my elementary nickname was lean bean and freckles so you have brought back some MEMORIES!! Thanks

rad7775
03-21-2006, 02:38 PM
HEY!!! wait for me Milca 17 :cry:

Boo'sMom
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
1- Katie- 48 lbs
2- Tina - 26.2
3.juliemarie-59lbs
4. Lean Ann-21
5. Angelica-65lbs
6. Milca-17 (236.2 total)

nikkijo
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I posted the total on the other thread. The biggest change for me has been portion control. I LOVED Atkins because I could eat a bizillion chicken wings, but of course it never worked. I also like that look different finally. Way more to go, but finally people are noticing and saying things. Also, I a started eating fruit. I would NEVER touch the stuff before. I love this plan, I love this site!! You all keep me going everyday. Thank you!!!