Old 03-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Need Some Advice!

I am going away for 5 weeks, and need some advice! I am going to stay with my brother in Seattle, the idea is for me to exercise, diet, lose weight and get out of this rut. Given such a great opportunity to just focus on my body, I want to lose the maximum amount of weight I can. I need all the advice I can get! We are training for a 10km run, so part of my day will be spent doing that. But if you were given such a great opportunity, what would you do? Nutritionist? Trainer? Massages? I'm already exploring to find a great B complex, and a good multivitamin. I'm really trying to figure out the best way to spend my time, and money.. so if you've got anything.. I'll take it!

Thanks!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:08 AM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

Eat well, exercise a lot, drink lots of water and get plenty of sleep. Seattle terrain is great for walking, running and hiking. Always keep in mind the purpose of your trip and don't get distracted from the task at hand. Keep a record of what you eat, what you drink, and how you've moved your body. I think you'll have some pretty amazing results after five weeks and I'm looking forward to hearing about it.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

If money is not a problem , I think I'd definately hire a personal trainer for the 5 weeks. How cool!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:39 AM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

I'm with Sandi, I'd go for a personal trainer if it's in your means. Keep your goals in the front of your mind at all times. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

5 weeks to devote to your well-being? What a great opportunity! I hope you have a wonderful time, and get some great results.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249.4/210.0/140

I agree with the suggestion of a personal trainer! At least a few days a week or whatever you can swing. Talk about awesome to be able to devote that much time to learning all the tools you need to be able to continue when you get home. Enjoy your time there!
Scrappy Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #7  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Yup, Aimee..I agree on the personal trainer, too

It would be so cool to have that knowledge passed on!

Have fun! But, will you have access to a computer at your brothers house??? If not, I'll miss you terribly!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone! Jill - writing everything down will be extremely helpful, I'd totally blanked on that.. thanks! I had thought about a personal trainer, I will definitely look into that, get my brother to explore options. I am extremely grateful for being given this opportunity, and luckily money isn't a huge problem.

I will have the internet! My brother works for amazon and it's a job requirement to have the internet at home I'm sure! So don't worry, I shall be around, probably more since I won't be working 40-50 hours a week anymore Thanks for missing me in advance though Linda!

Do you think there is such thing as TOO much exercise?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote