Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #1  
OmfgitzKaylee

Unhappy Everyone else can. Why can't I?

I see these people who have lost so much weight! And I ENVY YOU! All I want to lose it 5-10 pounds, and the more time passes, the more weight I gain! I can't go one day without looking at the scale and seeing it move down. WHY?!
omfgitzkaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #2  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

Default The Whole Picture

Well... can you give us an idea of what you've been doing so far? How/what are you eating, what are your exercise habits, how many calories do you eat a day, etc.? Also important, how tall are you, and how much overweight are you? 10 lbs to someone 5'5" and close to their ideal weight might be a LOT harder to lose than 10 lbs for me (5'10", 237).

--Janis

Last edited by busker; 02-16-2006 at 04:08 PM.
busker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 AM   #3  

hey kaylee. i guess you have already been told this but at 15 it's important not to miss out on your nutritional needs as your body is still developing, so dieting isn't always a good plan. i have to be honest at 5'5" you sound like your weight is about right. quite frankly i ENVY YOU!!!

perhaps you could focus on exercise - doing some things to tone your body, and doing some walking or sportws
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Kaylee, you've talked about this in other threads. Sweet Pea is right... if you really want to do something good for your body, get some exercise in. You're still growing, and you need to make sure you're getting the right nutritional requirements. I would seriously consider talking to a doctor about your concerns. Regardless of your age, you're light for your height.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Is there some special significance to the 105 lbs? Where'd you get that as a reference?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #6  

I have a 15yr old that is 5'3' and is 118lbs and she looks great and healthy.
Her BMI (BODY MASS INDEX ) 20.9 and that is normal.
Your BMI at 118lbs is 19.6 normal!
Your BMI at 105lbs is 17.5 underweight.
You're still growing and your a teen just have fun and don't worry about this right now you are not fat and by your picture you are a very good looking girl.
Have fun and stay healthy!!!
plb@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #7  
210 / 193 / 140

Kaylee, you're probably a little discouraged at coming here to find out how to lose weight, and then being told not to lose. But please don't be too quick to write off that advice. I suggest that you forget about the numbers on the scale, and concentrate on fitness instead. Do you have some sort of physical activity you're involved in, like dancing or a sport?
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:55 PM   #8  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

A few things...I'll guess you want to lose weight because for some reason you don't feel good about your body image right now. Unfortunately, that's all in your head and if you lose 10 lbs you're still going to feel the same way. I know you *think* you'll feel better, but just by losing weight you won't. Have you thought about starting an exercise regime, and working on putting on some muscles? Work with weights? You could continue to eat healthy (but not cut out too much), add a weights routine, and really work on toning and creating muscles. *That* might improve your body image. Otherwise, I have to agree with the others, but don't leave here! You can still learn a lot about being healthier and making healthy choices, it doesn't have to be all about weight loss! We're all here for you, we just want you to make good choices
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #9  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

Default I agree

Looking back at your stats/pict, it looks like you don't really need to lose weight. I have a friend who's 5'6" and 108 lbs, but she's a waif and a professional scottish highland dancer (which is all aerobics - so she's very lean and muscular). Not to mention it's in her genetics - her parents are sticks. If you think she's that small because she starves herself - guess again! I've seen her eat - she just eats very healthy food, and can eat ME under the table! The thing is she's got good metabolism from doing all the dancing, and she's nice and lean (without having ribs/bones sticking out) because she's muscular.

And good nutrition is right - I actually gained some weight because I was trying to cut too many calories, and had dry skin problems because I didn't have enough fat in my diet. (That's right - fat!) When your body is deprived of nutrients it needs, it starts burning muscle for fuel, and that slows your metabolism down and you start gaining weight, because your body thinks you're trying to starve it, so it starts hoarding stuff. And if you ARE trying to starve it, shame on you! Skinny & boney is not beautiful - healthy and fit is beautiful.

I had a roommate who had a disease that caused her body to not absorb any food or nutrients. She was literally starving (like annorexics do to themselves intentionally) and I can tell you it was NOT pretty. Her hair was falling out, her elbows and knees looked like they were enlarged and her skin was hanging off her body in bags. What used to be a vibrant, healthy woman, looked like a holocaust victim on the verge of death (and she was, until she had an operation!).

Starving your body of its nutrients is not the way to go! Age 15 sucks, but you get past it. High school is very superficial, but I can guarantee college is not. You get to leave all your past behind you and have a fresh start. Guys will like you for your personality, not for your popularity status. And seriously, guys don't like bony chicks - they like healthy chicks that they can do fun things with. And since a lot of guys are more physical than girls, they'll enjoy having someone they can spend time with doing physical activities.

--Janis
busker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

hey there- im only 22 so not too far off from your age. i gained a bit of wieght from 8th grade to 9th grade... i think most girls do. Though your height might be the same you are getting curves and starting to have a more mature body. I know its hard to see now... but when i looked back at all the freshman when i was a senior i could really see how their bodies are still maturing. i got so bothered by the wieght gain (which was like 10 lbs...not a huge deal) that i went into overdrive trying to diet and ended up gaining even more wieght because all i thought of was food. it was a bad path to take.

so i am going to give you my advice and you can take it or leave it but here it is-

dont focus on losing wieght. focus on maintaining (ie healthy eating). and join a sport (track, tennis, whatever you like) you will get your excercise in and maybe even lose a few pounds while meeting lots of new people!!

you dont want to get into a cycle of being overly concerned about your weight... it can make it a lot harder to reach that happy medium!

you look great in your pic! just kknow that 80% at least of all the other girls feel the same way!! you are not alone and you can feel better just by eating your fruits and veggies and getting active.

if you cut out one snack a week (ie popcorn at the movies, a soda etc- that totally adds up!) replace it with an apple or something yummy and natural!

good luck! sorry for the novel... i just wouldnt want you to have probs down the road and a lot of teenage eating issues begin with the simple diet. you look great!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 PM   #11  

sounds like great advice readyfreddie
altho looks like our girl has flown the coop
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:04 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Kaylee, I certainly don't want to sound discouraging but... PLEASE be careful! You are already VERY thin for your height. I know it's popular to be super skinny but it is so easy especially for young girls to overdo and lose their health. Don't mean to "lecture" LOL you don't need that from "an old lady"... but let me just caution you to make sure you are under a doctor's care if you try to lose any more weight. That's good advice for ALL of us, of course (and yes, I follow it).

Dance
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote