Old 02-15-2006, 01:59 PM   #1  

Default Uber Fusterated With Dancing

So a few weeks ago I went out and bought an exercise video, Dance Off the Inches, 15 Minutes Express. I thought that it would be a fun video to begin with. I mean, hey, it's only fifteen minutes!

... I was WRONG. I only get frustrated while working out to this video. It doesn't help me at all. I'm not coordinated, so trying to learn all these moves happens to be QUITE difficult for me. So before FIVE minutes are up, I'm cussing out the instructor and her perky friends. <p>

So I thought it was time to ask for a little help. What are some GOOD beginner’s videos?
broadwayfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #2  
210 / 193 / 140

Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) uses very simple movements: walking in place, knee lifts, etc. WATP videos take no coordination whatsover.

If you want something that combines aerobics with a good upper body workout, the earliest Firm videos are great. (I haven't tried the newer ones.) It takes just a bit more coordination than WATP, but not so much more that you won't be able to follow along the fist time.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I bought the Dance off the Inches, "Calorie Blasting Party", and it took me about a week to get the moves down, but now I can do it! Persistance is key! I'm definately not the most coordinated person in the world...but I started doing this video when I was nearly 350 pounds, and it's hleped a lot.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #4  
Cat person

S/C/G: 190/187.8/155

I found I can't do the videos. Even if I use one, I'm bored after a few times watching it over and over. Do you have a Playstation? You might want to try one of the Dance Dance DDR games. I actually bought the game console just for that, and LOVE it! It has an easy training section and in about six months I went from Beginner level to Standard / Heavy. It's a great cardio workout and an hour is over before you know it. Plus, being a game - you can save your weight progress and calories burned in their Workout Mode.

I never had any dexterity with the workout videos, they go so fast! But you can start this one out at such a slow pace it's great! (you'd still never catch me at an arcade doing it!) If you decide to... the game maker keeps changing it's Workout format. Don't get DDR Extreme (DDR Extreme 2 is fine)... but that other one stripped the workout mode and just counted calories in game mode (so you have to restart every 3rd song instead of continually selecting music until you're done).
Intrinsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #5  

the biggest loser workout dvd doesn't require much co-ordination. it is just simple movements repeated over and over and over and over again (ie. squats, lunges).

i've just ordered walk away the pounds and from what i've seen it looks pretty easy.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #6  
Sweet Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrinsicat
I found I can't do the videos. Even if I use one, I'm bored after a few times watching it over and over. Do you have a Playstation? You might want to try one of the Dance Dance DDR games. I actually bought the game console just for that, and LOVE it! It has an easy training section and in about six months I went from Beginner level to Standard / Heavy. It's a great cardio workout and an hour is over before you know it. Plus, being a game - you can save your weight progress and calories burned in their Workout Mode.

I never had any dexterity with the workout videos, they go so fast! But you can start this one out at such a slow pace it's great! (you'd still never catch me at an arcade doing it!) If you decide to... the game maker keeps changing it's Workout format. Don't get DDR Extreme (DDR Extreme 2 is fine)... but that other one stripped the workout mode and just counted calories in game mode (so you have to restart every 3rd song instead of continually selecting music until you're done).
I have an XBOX and have bought the DDR Ultramix for it and I can't even keep up with it. Even workout mode is to fast. I get really frustrated with it. I had gone back to my dance videos which are okay. I am thinking about buying some Denise Austin videos. I had really like her book few years ago.

Maybe DDR later time. Another thing that is aggravating me is the DDR mat moves around. It wants to get closer to the TV.

DDR speed ---->

My speed ---->

Me after DDR workout ------>
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

DDR just scares me! LOL!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote