Old 02-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #1  
Downsizing Dee!

Default February NSVs

Hi everyone, I thought I'd start off the new month for NSVs.

I went shopping with Terry (hubby) for a new pair of jeans. He bought himself a new pair as well. Not only was I able to buy a size 12 but I realized I could wear the size he bought for himself. I have never been able to do that, he's always been way smaller than me. Now I have a whole new wardrobe of jeans that I can wear of hubbys. I've gone from 20W to 12 regular, and I intend to keep right on going - I just can't believe it!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Congrats on obtaining a whole new wardrobe..even if it is your husbands

Mine was when I was getting ready for bed.My husband asked how much I had lost,because he had really noticed and said I was hot (ok,so he calls me hot anyways,but this time it made me feel even better)
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 AM   #3  

Great job Dee....
I am so proud of you......it must be an amazing feeling!!!!!! I'm still in 14's..but am dreaming of a size 12!!!!! I guess maybe I should shop around a little....I've only been trying on jeans at Old Navy...and their fit is so inconsistant...maybe I could get into a 12 at another store? Anywho...again..congrats....you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #4  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Default Ooh... my favourite thread!

What a great feeling, Dee! I'm hoping to get there one day.

I've recently snaffled one of hubby's belts that wouldn't go near me last year. I've had my eye on it for some time. Just wait until I can start raiding his tee shirt drawer!

It's great to get comments like that from the hubby, zoritsa. Makes it all worthwhile.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #5  
one pound at a time

I had to take my son to the dentist yesterday, I always hated going to places like doctors offices because the chairs in the weighting rooms are so small I barely fit into them. well yesterday not only did I fit there was room to spare. I grinned the whole time we were there even with 3 cavities.
unheardkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #6  

Size 12....good for you!!! Oh to be able to shop ANYWHERE!!!LOL

I had an exercise epithany today. My house was a wreck, the kids NEEDED me... But I put in my Walk Away the Pounds and went for the two mile walk. It felt great, not only to move but to put my health first. I am worth it!!!! By the way, the dishes were there when I finished, and no one burned the house down LOL

I have had so much more energy too. I feel better about me, I look in the mirror and see someone who is worth the effort.
CarolO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congratulations on the new size, Dee! That must feel wonderful, especially being able to wear your DH's jeans. You're doing so awesome!

Zoritsa, it's great that your DH complimented you like that. It's so much fun when they notice, and brightens your day (or night!). My DH put his arms around me yesterday and said, wow, you're so skinny! His arms overlap a heck of a lot now when he's hugging me.

Ali, The poor guy is going to be wondering where all his clothes went.

Unheardkoala, that's a wonderful NSV! Now you'll never have to be afraid of walking into a room and not having a place to sit.

Congratulations on putting yourself first! You are worth it, Carol!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #8  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations Dee! That's fantastic. Great NSVs everyone.

I lost 3.75 inches total for the month of January (I only measure bust, waist, abdomen, thigh, and hips). Not a huge number, but definitely a step in the right direction.

A second one, I am also wearing my size 18 trousers from Old Navy. They definitely weren't fitting at the first of the year and are now comfortable. Soon I'll be back in my size 18 jeans and continuing downsizing.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #9  
A 6'1" Amazon and Proud!!

Congrats, everyone! Your victories are remarkable! I am still wearing my now-baggy size 22s, but I am hoping to lose a bit more weight before V-Day and get into some size 18s!!!
suzisonthemovetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #10  
KitKatBahr

S/C/G: 285/229/145

Height: 5 ft, 7 in.

Ok, I have one. At least to me it's an NSV!

First off, though, I was finally, officially diagnosed yesterday with fibromyalgia. My doctor suspected it about 2 months ago and put me on cymbalta, which has helped tremendously, and Requip for restless leg syndrome. I also have plantar fascitis (heel spurs) but that's another story. Anyway, it's nice to finally have a diagnosis. I have lived with pain for so darn long now, and I'm almost 41 (tomorrow is my b.d.). With the meds, I feel like I get another shot at life. So, I've been working out, going to Curves, doing my TaeKwonDo (my husband, son and I signed up back in August (for them) and September (for me)), walking, etc. I have plans to walk a 5K in two weeks!

Ok, so, now for my NSV. I passed my belt testing for my next belt in TaeKwonDo. I am currently an orange belt 7th Grade Decided and will receive my yellow belt 6th Grade decided on Saturday at the graduation ceremony. My husband and so passed too and they will go from 6th Grade yellow to 5th grade camoflauge.

For me, this is a huge accomplishment! If someone had told me even a year ago, that I would not only be taking TaeKwonDo but loving it and doing well at it, I would have thought they were nuts! Me? No way. Too overweight, too much pain and fatigue. Just can't do it. If they had told me even 5 years ago, when I weighed 285 lbs and didn't do anything (this was before so much fibromyalgia pain, when I actually could have been exercising and doing something with my life, but was stuck in a bad marriage at the time), I would have laughed at them to their face! Absolutely no way. Exercise wasn't even in my vocabulary. Now, it's a daily event and I'm very proud of myself for achieving this victory!

Can't wait to do the 5K in two weeks. That's walking 3.1 miles!!!Eeks! I haven't walked that much yet, all at one time, but I'm working up to it, a little bit every day. So, we'll see. If only my darn feet didn't hurt so much! But I just received the heel seats that I ordered to help with that problem. So far, they seem to be helping, but it takes a few weeks for the body to adjust to them. We'll see how it goes...

Great job everybody!!
Kathy
Merritt Island, FL
kitkatbahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #11  
Big Ol' loser

These are all so great!
I'd love to be able to wear hubbys clothes- but he's 6'2"

Kathy you sound so healthy!!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #12  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The best one yet. According to my grandmother, who spent the day with me and my sister today, I'm thinner than my sister is. That is seriously the first time that has EVER happened, and the sibling rivalry streak in me is really gloating tonight!!!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #13  
Going to ONEderland

Wow that is neat. When I was at my thinnest I could do that. My husband wore a size 30/31 and I could wear them! I didn't have any hips in those days, it was before the babies were born, but he had a nice set of cords of all different colors. I could wear them even though he didn't want me to.

But now that I'm older and fatter the sizes for women have changed. I used to wear a 12 to 14 in women's, and now those sizes are a LOT bigger than they were when I was young. I was down to a 16 and I KNOW I'm not just a little bigger than I was in those days, so what I plan to do when I get to goal is to try on a pair of my husband's jeans. If they fit, then I'll know I'm at the same size I was then. Of course, my current husband is about an inch smaller through the waist than my ex husband was (29/30), so I may have to get a pair of his big pants to try...
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #14  

Great NSV's everybody. Keep them coming. I love this thread.
I cleaned my closet out of all the clothes that were to big and or to baggy. I saved a couple of pairs of pants though because even though they are baggy I can still wear them around for doing chores and stuff.
I went shopping for some shirts and pants that fit because I am meeting DH in Las Vegas valentines week. Also bought from the clearance rack a new black nightie in a smaller size to surpise DH.
I also noticed that the wastebands of my underware is getting pretty loose. I may have to invest in some new ones soon.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:14 PM   #15  
Will work for yarn!

I bought a couple of size XL shirts yesterday, that fit and look great on!!! WOO HOO!!!
myholidayboyz is offline   Reply With Quote