The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Default Biggest Loser 2/1/06 WINNER

WOW I wont spoil it for those who havnt seen it, but I kinda knew that team would win...I am sooo happy for them.

I was so disappointed in the mother/daughter pair on the *other* team, they didnt take it as seriously as the other two team mates...I was just plain discusted with them. But at least the ones who REALLY wanted to change their lives won.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #2  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I know! When they were first showing their before/after pictures, I kept saying to my family "where in the heck did they lose any?" One of the women only lost something like 20 some pounds, and keep in mind, they had 6 MONTHS to lose! When I saw that, I knew who was gonna win this thang. I am happy for the 50's Diner's Family for choosing to overhaul their menus to now include more healthier items. Way to go!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #3  

I am also very proud of the blue team. I could not believe that the mother/daughter team on the red, just did'nt seem to care. I could not imagine going six months and reallllllllllllllllly working out, only to go back on national tv, and only show a 21,25 lb weight lost. They didn't really try and Juilenne pointed that out on her visit with them.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:18 AM   #4  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

They had $50,000 to work towards.......sheesh I mean, losing the pounds is great in itself, but if ever there was an incentive to lose, that would've been it for me! That, and being on tv...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:35 AM   #5  
Movin on down the scale

Yeah, I totally agree. I mean when you are given ALL THE TOOLS you need to loose, and motivation/support, ect. Why wouldnt you WORK your HIND END OFF??? I was so mad at that mother/daughter...I mean with changing their diet alone they could have surely lost a lot more weight even without the exercising, then to be given the full gym benefits...MAN!! What a complete let down. If I were the father and Daniela I would have been soooo upset with them. Because those two really went the distance!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #6  

Like everyone else i am very disappointed in the mother and daugther on the red team. I will give credit to the daugther cause she is only 14 yrs old but not the mother. The best part was when jillian went to see them and flat out told the mother "i don't see it". You can't get anymore honest than that!!

Jillian also said something that hit home with me. About how teh women's eating was what was keeping them from losing to potential they could, no matter how much exercising they did.

I have a question though, before they left the ranch, is that weight included into what they lost last night? Like the weight they said they started out, is that before the ranch or before leaving the ranch. Cause if it is total, than both the mother and daughter only lost a little over 10 lbs each for six months.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I think its what they weighed when they arrived at the ranch...if Im not mistaken
Old 02-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

I am so happy that the blue team won last night. They were such inspiring people and just seemed to want it so much, and they were a wonderful team! And they seemed very committed to holding on to the healthy lifestyle, e.g. adding healthy options to their diner menu.

The red team seemed kind of divided - the dad and one of the ladies (the one who lost 40 lbs) seemed very motivated, but the mother/daughter didn't seem to care all that much. Between weigh-in #1 and weigh-in #2 they didn't look that dramatically different.

I can't wait for next week's show! I've only been watching BL for three weeks and I am already hooked!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #9  

I just went on the biggest loser site, well the daugther lost a total of 25 lbs, but she lost 8 on the ranch which means in all those months she only lost 17 on her own. OK 8 pds in 2 weeks with JILLIAN as your trainer, and 17 at home.

Than the mom, she lost a total of 23 lbs, and 9 was on the ranch and at home 14 at home.

That is very disappointing. You have this great opporunity with free workout machines, a new refrig filled with healthy food, and the knowledge of how to do this right, and the best caring trainer to help you along the way. And to have results like that you should be ashamed of your self.

But i give Robert and Daniela (who has 3 small kids) alot of credit for achieving what they did. GOOD FOR THEM!!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #10  

I also wonder if the young woman on the blue team was able to continue to stop smoking...They didn't say anything about it, so I bet she started again. Really too bad...what a great opportunity wasted. When I quit, it made workouts so much easier not to have the heaviness in the chest that smoking gave me....In a month, it'll be my 5th yr anniversary of not smoking!!!! Yayy!!!!! I can't even stand the smell of people who smoke anymore!!!! I'm a grateful non-smoker!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #11  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I was really surprised that the m/d from the red team didn't lose more weight. It seemed after Jillian took the daughter shopping, she used it as a way to think that she didn't need to work out anymore- KWIM? I was very impressed with Robert and especially Daniella- WOW!

The whole blue team was truly inspiring. I was really proud of the younger daughter- she did great.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #12  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

It seems like they always weigh the winner last....if you notice on the other special editions the team that weighed last were the winners...since they already weigh them before the show the producers know who has won....also I would think that each team would already know about what their weight was before they go for the final weigh in......they should wait till everyone weighs and then show the percentage of weight loss...it would give more of a suspense to the audience
Old 02-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #13  
Movin on down the scale

What is next weeks "special edition"? Does anyone know? I would love to go someplace like a spa/retreat that has a "biggest loser style" attitude, although I dont want the "tempting treats"!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #14  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Next week is another "engaged couples" edition. I'd love to do that show too, as long as I could stay and work out even if I got voted off!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #15  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I think its engaged couples again...if you go to the biggest loser website they have the profile on the two teams for next week