Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #1  

Talking Newbie - saying hi! : ) looking for a buddy?

Hi All,
I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager and I feel, at 28, like I am finally ready to settle down into a diet and exercise plan that will help me reach a heathly weight! I started with Atkins and while it worked for me, it was not something that was very livable and not a way of life I could adapt to and thus would ultimately fail. I started WW on Monday and I love this way of eating. It seems TOO good even! I've even started running 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. I feel great! However, I am doing this myself (no meetings or online) so I am a little nervous and hope to find a buddy to encourage me and that I can encourage! : D Anyone?

Thanks! : )
Old 02-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  
Lost in NY

Hi there

I'm fairly new to WW - tomorrow will be my 4 week weigh in. So far I'm down 9.2 pounds since 12/28. Not bad. I'm also fairly new to 3FC. I like it a lot so far.

I'm 29, married, no kids (just 2 cats). I used to live south of Boston, in Brockton, MA. I miss it up there - it's so different here in NYC.

If you'd like to chat, drop me a PM. Good luck on the WW journey!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #3  

I am a new too! I have been a WW member-but started on my own today! I have friends who are doing different diets, but I know WW works if you stick to it! Good luck, and healthy eating
Old 02-03-2006, 03:46 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,
I'm new as well. I've been doing WW here in Germany for 3 weeks now and have lost 7 pounds, which is great. I'm a big exerciser, so that seems to be helping.
The plan here is quite different from the U.S., but the concepts are the same!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #5  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

S/C/G: 278/249/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey.

I just started WW, and am doing it on my own too. Meeting make me waaay to nervous. Plus the time commitment!

I have followed the plan for 6 days with the books and online support and have lost 4lbs! I know the first few weeks are a lot of water weight...but hey IT COUNTS!
Old 02-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

I am fairly new here just found the site 30 Jan 06, Starting the Atkins Diet Monday,,, good luck...... Pm me if you need any help at all, will be happy to help,, if I dont know what to tell ya.. well find someone who does, I am at the 300+ and ready to try again group....the PEOPLE THERE ARE SOOOOOO AWESOME...............

btw: I am very curious about WW is it very expensive to get the stuff to start?....... All I know is that the Atkins worked for me 4 yrs ago,,,,,any insite would help me ,,,,,thanks

Last edited by MsCrockett; 02-03-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #7  

Height: 5`2

Hi.
i am new also.
Why dont we turn this into a support thread?

I need all the support I can get!

I weighed in at 222.06...WOW

I started doing Richard Simmons today; boy am I out of shape.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #8  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

Hi everyone!
Happy Friday TGIF! Or maybe not weekends and losing weight don't always go well together (I HAVE SELF CONTROL I HAVE SELF CONTROL I HAVE SELF CONTROL!)

Cara Mia- turning this into a support group is a great idea!

MsCrockett- Weight Watchers meetings are not to terribly priced. (I think it is 10$ a week??) I think weight watchers home kit was rediculous (well over 100 bucks) So I purchased some materials on EBbay. Got a pretty good deal too! It is really basic and simple. Not a bad way to live!

Well I hope everyone is doing well! Keep posting!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #9  

WW is about $10 a meeting and you will need a few basic supplies. However, keep in mind that you will probably not be spending a bunch of money on junk food and stuff, so it evens out. The key that I will tell all of you (being a WW veteran and all) is that this is not a race, or a game or a start and finish type of thing. The reason we all got fat in the first place is the way we eat, exercise, etc. You have to know that when you start WW or any diet, you will be doing it the rest of your life. There is no way of getting around it. My biggest problem is thinking to myself that after I lose the weight I will be free to do as I please. That is my number one reason for failure for the past 12 times I've done WW. The hardest thing that you will have to face is the reality that this is a lifestyle. So, keep this in mind when you are eating and exercising. Remember to make it doable for you. Even if you don't lose a lot at first, keep it to something you can stick with and stick with it. I am down 11.4 pounds and after superbowl I want to just pig out....If I do, then I just get right back up. Sorry if I sound like a downer, just some little things I've learned along the way that I wanted to share. I would also recommend going to the meetings, at least in the beginning...There are quite a few lifetime members that can give good advice. The recipes are good too. Anyway, let me know if you want to buddy up. Have a good one!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #10  

Thumbs up Hey Can I join????

I would like daily support. Anyone else need support like that. Many of the other threads, people stop talking after one or 2 days. So hopefully we can all support each other alot. I am doing ww and a little sb. So far I think it is working but I want results, NOW and lots of them. So togther I know we can all do this. LEt's do it together.

Started dieting and exercise 1/6/06
Old 02-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #11  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

Well another day down...did pretty well on points. Had one extra! 4lbs down. I can't wait for another one so that i will be down to 5 and can have a dancing guy!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #12  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Hi all! Can I join? I started doing WW at home on Jan 3 and so far ive lost 18 lbs. Ive tried WW before but never stuck to it because I didnt have any support. This site is WONDERFUL for me. Whenever I feel like I want chocolate (my weakness) I hop on this site and feel so refreshed that I dont want it anymore!! Im addicted to this site.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #13  

hi there I new to this site to, have been doing low carb for 7 years, was when I started 198 now at 160 was as low as 149 I have done well with atkins and still think that it may be the way I have to go back to if this will not work for me, but you do get a bit fd up with meat and no bread , and sweets,
for me I was doing well with it all until I had some surgery on my feet, have not be doing much for almost 3 months and have gained 8 pounds which I am having a very hard time to get off, I am trying WW for a few weeks and I have put 2 more pounds on, not to up set yet about that I know that we have to get our body's ready for a change . I to would like to talk stuff over to help each other with things , I can help with the low carb way of life, my Dr as always said that I am the only one he knows that has stayed on it for so long, will be glad to help any one with anything I can Jackie o
Old 02-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #14  

Hi All,
Thanks for all your responses!

For Jackie o - welcome to WW from low-carbing! : ) Yeh, the first week I switched from Atkins, I gained 3lbs. However, the next week I lost the 3lbs. Now, I've lost 1.5 lbs. It's considerable slower, in terms of weight lose, than Atkins but it feels a lot healthier and livable. If you want to talk, feel free to send me a private e-mail. Best of luck! : )
Old 02-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #15  
I can do this

S/C/G: 329.2/321.6/164

I am also new to weight watchers and this site. I go to the meetings and got a membership to the ymca. Sometimes I feel like I am eating too much. I double check points all the time. I would love to find someone who lives in nashville to walk with or workout. Would be even better if they weighed over 300 lbs. Kinda like in AA where they give you a sponsor that you can call in times of struggle.
Closed Thread