Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday Chat - January 31st

Good Bye January !!!

Good Morning Ladies

How's my lovely girls today? Do me a favor today... look in the mirror the next time you go to the bathroom and say to yourself with a very big smile "I AM BEAUTIFUL."

My boss is out today and well.....

How are you ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I'm back... I took a break.. mostly from life and hid away for months.

I think I have some things sorted out... and being here is one of the things I need. I've missed this place a lot and want you wonderful ladies to know that.

To my old friends here, *hugs... to the new friends who have found this sanctuary while I've been awol, hello! I look forward to getting to know you.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Good Morning Leenie, (and everyone else too).

I am doing okay here. Still on the weight loss band wagon, LOL. Trying to stay consistant..have had a few ups and downs but staying the course.

I love the TOPS pledge.. (It helps me even aside from tops meetings to not allow my depression to control ME).

I am an intelligent person

I will control my emotions, not let my emotions control me

Everytime I am tempted to use food

to satisfy my frustrated desires

build up my injured ego

or dull my senses

I will remember,

even though I overeat in private --

My excess poundage is there

for all the world to see

I will take off pounds sensibly
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:59 AM   #4  

I wanted to add... I weighed in last night for a loss of 5.6 pounds for the week. I had a gain of .38 of a pound the prevous week and it was a really hard thing for me to go and weigh in KNOWING it would show a gain. My husband was out of town and I binged practically the entire time he was gone..thank goodness he came back when he did. I am having a hard time with consistancy but I think that it is building character, LOL.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoMom
Good morning. I'm back... I took a break.. mostly from life and hid away for months.

I think I have some things sorted out... and being here is one of the things I need. I've missed this place a lot and want you wonderful ladies to know that.

To my old friends here, *hugs... to the new friends who have found this sanctuary while I've been awol, hello! I look forward to getting to know you.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
I am glad that you found your way back here. I know how it can be to try to hide away from life. I hope that your time here is fruitful.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:55 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Judo !!! Girl I SWARE!!! I was thinking about you the other day. Normally you pop in and out but I havent seen you in so long.... I was like hmmmmmm. How are you feeling? how's your back? How's DD...oh I'm so glad your back....

Jenni, WTG!!! thats a great weight loss...woweeeeeeeeeeeee. I hear alot of good things about TOPs. Not being consistant is my middle name as well. All we can do is keep trying. Did you write that list ? its really great.

.........back to work
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:28 PM   #7  

good morning everyone! i thought i would come join you gals altho it feels strange posting on the 31st when it's 9.25am on the 1st of Feb here!

Judo boy do i relate to the hiding away. i am really good at that. even went and lived in an isolated place in the country for 2.5 yrs to escape people. i still have periods where i don't leave the house for days and just hide away here and "cocoon" but i told myself last night i won't get the life i want if i don't get out and do stuff

Jenni yes that is a great pledge. how to make it stick tho is the tough thing. i guess if you say it often enough you can remember it at critical times instead of eating buzz bars for breakfast like i am now
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good after noon gang

well let's see it's 2:30 on the 31st and I just finished all the year end paperwork - just in time to start the end of the month paperwork - good grief!

Last night I dreamed I did the 5 mile walk video that I have ordered from Leslie Sansone - so does that count? I mean does dreaming that you are exercise count for exercise? well I guess it means I really need to get myself back to my walking huh!

Ok Leenie - I just went in the bathroom, looked in the mirror and told myself like you said. LOL there is no way to do that without a great big smile on your face. thanks!

Judomom - I have wondered many times where you were and what you were up to! It is so good to see ya here my dear friend. glad you are no longer hiding out - especially from us! We need ya here too! hugs!

Hey Snoopy - I've never seen the TOPS pledge before. I like it too. Congrats on the 5.6 lb loss this week - WOW that's awesome! with TOPS do you just follow whichever weightloss/diet/healthy eating program you prefer?

ok gang - gotta run - be good

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

hey sweetpea - posting at the same time

later gaters
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:05 PM   #10  

hi cathy
Old 01-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #11  

i just woke up!
i've found since i've switched to efexor that i need to nap for a couple of hours in the middle of the day. would prefer not to!!! and am hoping this side effect wears off

hope you're all having a good day. off for a walk now with the dogs
Old 01-31-2006, 09:52 PM   #12  

Hey Everybody!!!

Had a great day at work today. Pre-schoolers are such fun when they're not screaming for mom. The day went smoothly considering this is a newly formed class.

Just came in from the Wal-Mall. I paid old Sam's heirs another $220. Then DH will come in two days later and ask me where all the food is that I bought. He hasn't been home enough in the past year and a half to see that his cchildren's appetites are increasing. My gosh, we've got a 13yo boy in the house and his 10 yo brother eats as much as he does. I can't keep cereal or ramen noodles more than 3 or four days around here. And all three of my older ones have learned how to scramble eggs so those don't last like they used to.

Hey sweet pea...most of my side effects from effexor went away after I got adjusted to the larger dose (150 mg, I think). Only thing that didn't get better or go away completely was the increased sweating(such a lovely thing here in the SE United States) and the ten pounds that I gained during the year I was on it. Hope you get some relief from your side effects soon.

Leenie...been meaning to tell you how much I like your new avatar. We just love the "Brit-coms" and "Are You Being Served?" is one of our favorites.

Off to unload groceries and chase the kids off to bed. Good night everyone

Sandy
flagmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:49 PM   #13  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Sandy, if it makes you feel better, I gave Sam's heirs a big chuck this evening too. Super Walmart is a booming business.

Leenie, I hate January. I always have so I say "Good Riddance!" To me, it's long and cold, a let down from the happy holiday month. Now spring is just around the corner. Then there's the fact that DS and his GF will be having their baby in February. So I will be gradma soon.

All totalled, I walked 38 miles this month. My goal for February is 56 miles - 2 each day. Go chickies, go!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:18 AM   #14  

thanks for that sandy. it's good to know the side effects mainly wear off. i was hoping that would be the case!!! for me my appetite is less on the effexor but i eat anyway hehe..

off to bed now. see you on thursday (guess that will be wedn your time)