Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #1  

Default Really Frustrated!

Hi everyone,
I am starting to get a little frustrated with my dieting, for the past two weeks I have not lost one pound. The thing that is frustrating for me is I really do not know what I am doing wrong!! I have been eating great, no treats no junk and following the same eating as I have done in the past and had lost weight each week. I am exercising everyday, I do my exercise bike 3 days a week and then on the oppisite days this week I started this circut training exercises that are in the Biggest Loser book. I haven't been eating at night at all and I haven't been cheating and eating extra.
So I honestly cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, and I am starting to feel like I should just give up as apparently I am not going to see any results. Blah this sucks!
Sorry to have to read my whining venting message I just wanted to know if anyone else has any suggestions!?
Thanks!
CanadianSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #2  

hey there, do NOT get discouraged.. do you measure yourself?.. maybe you are losing inches instead of pounds.

where in ontario are you.. i am in Guelph
Losingitin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You're not going to be happy with me if I say 'two weeks isin't very long' now are ya?
Then I won't.
Why don't you post your diet for one day last week (foods and amounts) and we'll have a look. Sometimes all you need is a couple of minor tweaks.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #4  
This time for good!

Wink You're ok...

I understand your discouragement. I don't know why it happens , but I do know that it happens to all of us. It does seem, however, that during times of plateau, people seem to notice our weightloss most.

Now let's discuss a few more things....
  1. Are you eating the same number of calories every day?
  2. Are you pms-ing?
  3. Are you exercising MORE than usual?

Any of these will slow down or stop weightloss.

Hang in there! All of a sudden you will drop.

PM me if you need more support or have more questions.

Last edited by HappyWife; 01-29-2006 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Adding to it
HappyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:50 AM   #5  

Hi all,
Thanks for your posts, I needed to vent....I know whine whine whine
Anyways Losingitin06 I never did start out with measuring myself, blah I wasn't thinking so today I measured myself and I will see if that is the problem, I might be losing inches and not the weight, who knows with me haha
SusanB....its ok I know its only been two weeks, I guess I am just frustrated as I only started about three weeks ago and only lost the first week. Geez its not as if I only have a few pounds to lose you think it would be falling off me I am adjusting some of what I eat this week, I am going to have salads instead of sandwiches, see if that makes some sort of difference.
HappyWife I believe I am eating the same everyday, dinner might be a bit different, but daily I have the same thing almost everyday. Nope, I cannot use PMSing as an excuse dammit Well this week I added a different workout, it is called circut training and it is in the Biggest Loser book, I started that last Monday and did it 3 days this week. It is push ups, sit ups, arm exercises with hand weights, and lunges.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions, I really appreciate it!
Also I have a couple of questions, I am not sure if anyone can help me, I have been having a small handfull of almonds a day, and for a snack one of those new Slim Fast snack Bars about 4 grams of fat and 130 calories. Do you think either of these extras are too much?? If so I will give them up!
Thank you all again!
Stacey
Old 01-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #6  

Throw out bars first. I do eat bars, but I try to eat them sparingly (on the go) and I'm planning on making my own. But Almonds are good. However, don't eat a small "handful". Weigh out an exact serving and don't any ANY over that serving. Sometimes when we are hungry a big handful looks like a small one. Ha ha! That's precisely why I don't do the "fist/palm" measurment thing. When I'm hungry I can make a 72 oz. porterhouse look like my fist.

I wouldn't worry too much. Your body will probably just "dump" some weight. It's called the "woosh" effect. We hold the weight and then one day we weigh and "woosh" three lbs are gone!

Old 01-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #7  

Karma,

Thanks for the advice, I am going to give up the bars.....I was wondering last week if they were part of the problem or not. So the bars are gone...*poof* Also dumb question what is considered a serving size of almonds? Anyone know!?

Thanks again,
Stacey
Old 01-29-2006, 05:01 PM   #8  

I'm also going to suggest measuring yourslef! I do it twice a month and though i have only lost 5 lbs, i have lost several inches!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

It should be on the package. I think it is about 10 almonds. Sliced almonds I think is 1/4.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #10  

1/4 cup of dry roasted almonds is 204 calories. Try eating them once or twice a week at first, and only one serving at a time. They are so good for you, and such a source of healthy fat, that I think they are okay as an occasional treat. I have Planters heart healthy nuts at times. A pack of assorted nuts is 260 calories. I love them! Good luck!

Old 01-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #11  
28 Yr old Vixen to be...

S/C/G: 480/480/380

Height: 5'5"

canadian go to www.calorieking.com its great and you can look up almost everything!
Safiyah_is_Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #12  
This time for good!

Thumbs up Static eating patterns may be the problem

The body is made up to be flexible. When we eat the very same amount of food daily, the body sees no reason to burn fat. Shake up your bod a little. Average your calories over a week. For example, I eat an average of 1300 cals daily, but I might have 1600 one day, 1000 for a coupoe of daus, 1200 and 1300 on other days. It seems to help.

Also, remember that muscle weighs more than fat...it just looks a whole lot better (and takes up less space!! )
HappyWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:39 AM   #13  

yoyonomore,

Thanks I ended up measuring out my almonds today and it was probably less than may small handfull, you know like you said! So thanks for the help!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:41 AM   #14  

Safiyah,

I have actually ordered that book online and hoping I will be receving it soon, I wasn't using my brain and thinking to go see the website.....duh me!
I appreciate the suggestion!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #15  

HappyWife,

I will also try out your suggestion and see what happens! I am glad I put up my message I have had more helpful suggestions in one day than in all the time I have been dieting!