Old 01-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Went to Ryan's last night for supper -- did very well

DH and I both did well. First, all four of us (DH, DS (8), DD (4) and I hit the salad bar. I skipped the cheeses and opted, instead, for full fat ranch dressing. They were all out of their fat free varieties, so I used just enough to add flavor, not much else. Loaded up on Romaine lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes...

For the main course, I picked up some fish and added some lemon juice to it. Try as I might, I do not like it...I'm still on the lookout for a yummy fish recipe, but this wasn't it...eek. I picked up a chicken breast of rotisserie chicken (pulling back the skin). But I could only get through half of it because it was way too salty. I also had some green beans.

I did not go back for seconds...and it was hard to walk by the yummy mashed taters and gravy and the baked taters with all the fixings.

For dessert -- yes, I had some -- I had some kick butt (!!) no sugar added, fat free butter pecan frozen yogurt. I think it was by far the best creamy dessert I have ever had.

DS had a piece of chocolate cake and mom had two, very small, bites.

Oh, and I had unsweetened iced tea.

I was quite proud of myself for eating wisely. There was a time when I would go back twice, maybe even three times and load up on potatoes, mac n cheese and their chicken pot pie.

No more...and I feel very good about that~

Oh Oh! We both declined those yummy, hot, buttery rolls, too...we were asked by three different servers...and each time, we said no. Would you believe I didn't even miss them. (but I know had they made it to the table, I couldn't have said no...)
FrugalChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #2  
singletrack chick

good for you!

Isn't it an awesome feeling to finally be able to say no to things that you know are junk.

food successes are exciting. i'm still proud of myself when i can turn down potato chips for broccoli, and really really enjoy the broccoli for what it is, instead of wishing that i had chips instead.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:54 PM   #3  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalChick
We both declined those yummy, hot, buttery rolls, too...we were asked by three different servers...and each time, we said no. Would you believe I didn't even miss them. (but I know had they made it to the table, I couldn't have said no...)

Im the same way. I love their rolls.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote