Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #1  

Default The At Home Kit & Maintaining

Hi! I don't post much but do lurk often- however I do have a question about the at home kit I was sorta, maybe, possibly, considering purchasing...but really only for the at home guidebook, since I would assume it would have the whole program in one book, since at the meetings you progressively get little pamphlets every few weeks.

I've done w.w. before (meetings twice, online once), and have the "getting started" materials, the point sliders/tracker, activity tracker, and a lot of the little pamphlets that came very few weeks when you went to a meeting. I have the spiral-bound 12 week diary/notebook thing, and even a subscription to the w.w. magazine! Oh yeah, and an 'official' w.w. scale. Most of it sat in a box until recently!

I started w.w. on my own though, and have been successful doing it on my own for awhile now, esp. with all of the stuff I had aquired (at least it wasn't money wasted after all...heh). But my mom brought up a valid point- what do I do when I've reached my goal? While I am pleased she has so much faith in me finally, especially since I still have quite a bit to go, I honestly don't have any idea what you would have to do to maintain. I assume that you would keep counting points...but how many, how do you not regain if you eat more...just questions like that. Is this covered in the at home guidebook? Are there any other books like this that you can purchase seperatly instead of the whole at home program?
I know it's a little premature to worry, but I am just like that : )

While I would like to go back to meetings to get that kind of information, I didn't really enjoy them, and didn't usually fit in (shy, nervous, bored, whatever...heh), my work and school schedule is the only thing in the way (before, I wasn't working) but I am confident in doing it on my own, at least. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
Michelle
Old 01-18-2006, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219.8/149.7/135

Height: 5'4

I have the at home kit and in one of the books it says that you have to order an at home maintenance kit from their website. I haven't looked into it because I just started WW. Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #3  

I bought the At Home kit. To me there just wasn't enough useful information and tools in there that made it worth the money. I also attended meetings a while ago when there was a local meeting. I did not like those at all because of some of the reasons you have mentioned above. I am an online member though. And I do find that very useful and very worth the money! Plus, with being an online member I always know if the program has changed or anything. Which is good to keep updated.

Personally if I was you... I would just join WW Online. The membership is low cost and you get 24 hour tools! Makes doing WW a lot easier! I think if someone is not attending meetings they should join online. You just never know when something will change. This way you stay up to date.
Closed Thread