South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #1  

Here I go again! I started this diet first of January but between then and now I have had stomach flu, bronchitis, inner ear and sinus infection. Hello Nyquil! Because of all the meds and complete lack of tolerance to eggs and meats when sick, I am starting over TODAY fresh. My family is backing me and I am involving them aka. reading the book, input for meals, weighing myself Mondays and Fridays and charting it IN THE OPEN on a calendar. I'm 5'4" and have discovered to my horror/disgust I weigh l88 today. No energy whatsoever, and 1/2 acre of asparagus to begin cutting by hand first of April. We bought an orchard last Febr. with blackberries, apples, peaches and hoop houses of tomatoes and this spring some bedding flowers. Lots of mowing to do and I got my CNA this last fall and am working at a rest home nights 10-6 am. Have one daughter in senior year of high school, house in desperate need of fixing up and we all have 20-25 minutes drives to either my work or their work/school. With a mother 30 minutes away with Alzheimer's my plate is full and it is easy to slide into horrible habits. But my health is beginning to scare me a bit as blood pressure is a little high first time in my life. I need all guidance and clues and luck and anything else you can throw out there. I really need to stick to this - lost some on Atkins but felt terrible stuffing myself with all that food and fat. Think it cost me a little regarding heart health. I'm 51 and have a daughter graduating end of May. Hard row to hoe but count me in on support!

Last edited by shawnee; 01-16-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

My goodness! You have had a rough start to your year! I hope you're all better now?

I've never done Atkins myself - I know a couple of people who did, and it just seemed awful! All that saturated fat canNOT be good for you - I don't care if you do lose the weight!

Good luck - I hope things go more smoothly for you this time around!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back to The Beach. Schatzi has started a thread for chicks
(re)starting Phase I. Please hop in!
I grow asparagus and raspberries plus tons of other stuff and have an inkling of how much work it is. AND you have it on top of all the other Life things!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:45 AM   #4  

Welcome to 'da beach! You will love it here. Just hop on in and post.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

to the beach! I know you're going to love it here.

So sorry to hear that your year got off to a rough start! I hope it just gets better from here. My dad did Atkins for a while but found the same problems with it that you did. He is now on the beach! WOW, you grow asparagus?! I am in complete awe...I can't even keep a potted plant alive!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #6  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Welcome to the Beach Shawnee. Good Luck!!
Closed Thread