Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 08:44 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #73

G'day all,

A very warm and humid day here. D-I-L's 30th birthday party tonight. She has invited over 100 and expects about 80 Not my idea of fun, couldn't think of anything worse. Matilda is asleep now and will stay with me until we go to the party which starts around 6 (bbq tea) then she will come home with me again when she is ready for bed and sleep with us for the night.

Karen isn't it good to have a hobby that is not too strenuous and you can have a lot of fun doing, I am sure Peggy would agree. I think your painting is great and how nice for your grandchildren to have the keepsake.
Pleased your children are happy and settled especially the ones that have returned from Iraq.

Cannot remember the other posts....sorry...I am old

Matilda is waking...must fly

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #2  
Ash

Default Hello from down under

Hi everyone,

Last June since I posted so I am popping in to wish you all

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

I have been reading the posts and see that you have a few new members posting but other than that things seem the same. I see that Maria has a new granddaughter - Congratulations.

I still have all my weight to loose and find it harder each day, I just can't seem to stay on any plan. Early in the day it is easy but once the clock reaches 3pm I seem to go crazy and everthing goes in my mouth. But that is just me.

Anyway girls it has been great to find your site again ,as with new format that you have I couldn't find you for ages, but now I have found it again I will definately bookmark it.

Love to you all.

Jenye/Ash
Old 01-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Well this was Weigh-in day and I am frustrated. I counted the weeks that I have floated up and down about 2.5 to 3 lbs. I guess this is called a plateau or that my body just likes this weight. Today I stayed the same as last week. So Karen- what do you suggest to get me moving again. I only have 10 to bo to get to my lifetime goal.

Do you think the Core program would work better for a while? I haven't tried it, but must admit that I am beginning to get tired of counting points, and finding no results to speak of.

I exercise, walking, biking, and Curves 3 times a week. I probably used an average of 15 to 20 flex points or activity points a week. So gals, what do you suggest?

It is cold here today and the wind is fierce. We were told that would happen, and it sure has. And tomorrow it is supposed to be colder. I like the warm sunshine. The sun is shining now but the wind is too strong for it to warm up any,

We are having a soup night at the clubhouse today. 5 kinds of soup, all you can eat, crackers, crusty rolls,apple pie ala mode, and tea and coffee. And entertainment. It is just a fun night, and hopefully will raise a little money to fill the dwindling general fund.

Karen: DH liked the Cinderella Man, much better than I did. I appreciated the acting, but I'm not much of a boxing fan. It made it more interesting knowing that it was a true story. DH borrowed a DVD from the library last week, and never read the fine print. It turned out to be from Israel and had English subtitles. That was not fun. I'm too lazy to have to read and watch at the same time, and it wasn't really a very good movie. We did watch one called John Q with Denzel Washington. It was very good. But you needed your kleenex handy.

Peggy: I don't understand about the emails, since I do get some from you. I found that sometimes I get some kicked back if I am replying to all, because one of the addresses is incorrect. I will send you an email with an alternate solution if if keeps happening.

Got to go get some lunch for us. 'See' you all later. Ann
Old 01-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #4  
Web Nana

Just have to pass on the way we spent our day. Last week DH mentioned that we haven't played any music for a while and did I know what happened to the old 'Sandler & Young' records we had. I hated to tell him that they went to the basement and are probable mildewed by now but instead I kept that question in my mind and today I remembered that before I sent them to the dungeon I copied them onto tapes. Well, I found them and we have been sitting and listening to them all afternoon. It brought back so many memories. I doubt if any of you remember Sandler & Young but they were hot in the late 50's and early 60's. They were a duo that sang romantic songs as well as some comedy. They did a lot of clubs and we were lucky to have seen them, in person, a couple of times. Tony Sandler is from Belguim and Ralph Young is from Brooklyn, NY. Their voices blend so well and Sandler sang a lot in French. Sometimes they would sing two different songs together Sandler in French and Young in English. As strange as it seems the two different songs blended quite well together.

Well enough of my reminising! It has been a cold day and it was good not to have to go out into it. Not much snow but the wind doth howl!

Ann: Don't beat yourself up because you have hit a plateau. You have been doing all the right things and one of these days.....boom....you will start losing again.

Ash: I know what you are talking about....3PM is always my hardest time. I have tried to find something to do around then to keep me away from the kitchen and food. Sometimes it works and others not.

Maria: Hope the party was a great success. Wow! that's a lot of people!
It is so good of you to have Matilda but I know you do enjoy her. As she grows you will even enjoy her more. I can just see you teaching her all the correct moves on the computer. She will be a wiz before she is 3.

I am getting? old ...as I can't remember what was said on the other post.
So, I will say Good Night. Gloria
Old 01-15-2006, 05:49 PM   #5  
Net browser

Aloha Everybody
I`am sorry that I got hooked up to this slow dial up when I could have had a high speed for the same price. If you sign up for something like Road Runner for three months you get the first month FREE so it would have worked out the same The other thing that is a pain in the #$@% is that I have to use "webmail" and not Outlook which I am so accustomed to. I told the fellow (at the dial up) that I wanted two months and he made a mistake and and only signed me up and billed me for one month so maybe when Son gets here he can arrange high speed and connect it for me.

We have met some really nice people who are all from Canada and we join them at the ocean later in the afternoon. We all take down "something" to drink and just enjoy the beach and whale watching. This group of Canadians are from Calgary and some from Sask. and all knew each other from coming here year ater year. The Humpback whales are sure wonderful to watch. from our beach chairs. About 5000 come to Hawaii each "winter" from December to May to mate, give birth and nurse heir calves. I brought my binoculars and you just have to scan the surface of the sea and look for the "blow". Adult males usually surface once every 7 to 15 min. I just love watching them.

DH is doing well and walks about 3-1/2 miles every day. It's strange but his hair is starting to curl a littl bit. I wish mine would.

I enjoyed reading all your posts and am happy that you are all ok. My arthritis is not any better here then it was at home, hee hee, only my view is better. I bought myself a heating pad. You can tell I am getting old, I would never even thought of getting a heating pad in the years gone by.

The days go by so quickly...............Aloha
Old 01-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Aloha Slavika! Sounds like you are having a great time!

Ann: Try Core for a week and see if it helps. Maybe your body just needs a change, and it might help your Plateau

Must go get dinner going before hubby yells at me
Old 01-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #7  

6 am and we are all set to go for our camping trip......

Party went well, if you are interested...I posted some photos here http://www.adam.com.au/alanscholz/

See you on my return.

Stay happy and well!

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #8  

Ann I agree with Lily. Try the Core or Also ask your leader for the higher protein and higher carb sheets. The are about 20 points per day no flex points and you should only do it for 2 weeks. I tried to find it on weight-watchers .com . Was going to send it over but can't find them. I know they are there some where but I'm at a loss as to where they are.

If you try core remember if you put core foods together in a recipe they are still core. Like Ground Beef, oatmeal,eggs, milk, onions make meatloaf and is still core. Also remember portion control. It's not eat as as much as you want, it is eat until satisfied not stuffed. Some times hard to do.

Karen
Old 01-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Thanks for the advice gals. I'll try to put it into practice. Next week I'll ask for the higher protein sheets. Just spent the day at a showcase, listening to talent - every 20 minutes a new act. Heard some very good stuff. Now it is up to me to decide if we can use it here at the park. time to go to bed. Sitting around from 10:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. gets tiring after a while. Goodnight all. Ann
Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #10  
Fun Blonde

Slavika,
I took off your name from my 3FC lists just until you get back. I was so happy to hear from you and how well DH is doing--3 1/2 miles a day is wonderful so soon after everything. Actually, it is wonderful....period. And the whales sound so interesting. Glad you found some like-minded tourists so you can share your very unique personality. They will love you. I can't wait until the kids get there so you can share how the grandkids react to everything. I so loved your GD's little message to you.

Girls, I am doing something else weird. I am in the second week of a 6-week process. I thought about not telling you, but I can't keep anything too secret. I am using products, guaranteed to shrink a wallet, that promise to peel and peel and peel my face until it gets down to where it will look somewhat better. I will keep you updated. Right now I am okay in the morning, but about 1 o'clock I am getting disgusting again. I have a very red face which is literally dissolving. Really, I am making that a bit worse than it really is. Anyway, I need to be wearing a sign that says "Vanity process in progress."

Ash, good to hear from you again. Yes, we are still the same and most are still fighting that battle of daily eating. It never gets easier, just more and more challenging. But we can't give up. I saw a program on the Oxygen channel about Secret Women's Lives about a young woman who overate all the time. She decided to diet sensibly instead of the operation and was doing so well. Have you all noticed the increasing pressure for people to have stomach bypass surgery?

Gloria, your reminiscing sounds sort of familiar. I seem to be going down that nostalgic path a lot lately. Just have to keep remembering that this day is pretty special too. I can get in a blue funk missing my mom most of all.

Ann, you are as busy as ever. I do hope the core plan works for you.

Maria, I imagine you are gone now on your journey. How fun! I loved the pictures of the party. Matilda looked a little teary in that one picture with you DH. She is so pretty.
Glenda
Old 01-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #11  
Fun Blonde

Maria,
If you see this, I just wanted you to know that I can't seem to send you email items. I have an updated picture for our collage, but it just won't go. First of all, it says it is delayed and then it just quits. Am I doing something wrong?
Glenda
Old 01-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #12  
Super Surfer

Unhappy Hi everyone..

For every Cancer survivor with great results there is always the one who didn't make it. Our dear friend's 46 year old daughter lost her 6 year battle with Breast Cancer on Monday. She had 1 daughter, 13 years old. In the 6 years, she didn't go into remission once, it spread to her bones and it seemed that she was on one treatment going onto another one. We are so sad. The service is on Saturday.
Slavika I had a good laugh at The Princess's e-mail. She is such a cutie. I'll bet your grand children can't wait for their 2 weeks with you. Enjoy every single moment.
Our little MC is growing and changing every day. He is a very contented baby, hardly ever cries and is smiling already. He has grown out of his newborn sleepers (why do people spend so much money on the newborn size??) They only lasted 3 weeks and he is out of them. As of last Wed., he had gained 2 lb 2 oz. Our got ice skates for Christmas. I have to send the picture of those wobbly ankles trying to stand up... LOL... so funny.
Glenda When I think of my Mom I get so teary too. I knew I would miss her, but it is like she died yesterday sometime. It hurts to drive past the apartment complex where she lived. Your "peeling" experience made me wince. You will have to keep us posted. It might be something we will all want to try.
Ash It is nice to hear from you again, drop by more often. I was surprised reading that automobile makers are designing bigger seats because of our ever expanding bodies. This doesn't seem right at all.
Karen Do you ever miss working for WW? Have you thought of working in Florida? I have meant to ask how your Dad is doing? Well I hope.
Maria Your pictures were so nice. That little one of yours is so cute. You certainly took a lot of pictures. Missed your captions though. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your camping trip. I tried to find out where the Victoria region is from your home. West of you?
Lily I can't believe that you were in Australia and only telling us of it now. Where else have you been? You are so lucky, Hawaii twice and Australia.
Ann It does get tiring doing nothing but sitting. One of these days, I would love to sit in on one of your shows. They always sound like so much fun.
Gloria I remember Sandler & Young. Ed Sullivan had them on quite a bit. They were very entertaining. I still have some 78's, 45's and LP's stored in the basement. Our old record player only plays the 45 & 33. Some of the records have warped, but I hate to part with any of them.
Peggy What are you up to these days?

I had better start thinking of what we will have for din dins tonight. As of this moment, I don't have a clue... bye bye..
Old 01-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Hi All
Well I am working on the Core program. Sat. will be the test. It remeinds me a bit of the second pahse of the South Beach program.

We have been doing a bit of memory searching. I had to move a lot of stuff off our entertainment center in order to move it and that is where I have a lot of photo albums. So when putting them back started going through them once again. To see my grandchildren as babies etc. and now they are grown and with children of their own. Even looked at our wedding album. My how we have changed.

But Glenda: I could not be as brave as you. My face just has to stay the way it is. I tell myself I have earned every wrinkle.

Trudy: Sorry about losing your young friend. It makes me even more grateful to be among the survivors. There seem to be so many different types of cancer, and each persons chemical makeup seems to make a difference in the outcome. I believe that we each have our time to leave this world for the next, and it will come when it will come. Still doesn't make it any easier for those left behind.

Maria: looking forward to seeing your camping pics. I'm sure you are having a wonderful adventure. I still have problems with some emails coming back from you with a delay, and then a cancelation.

Gloria: Love to listen to music. But since DH is a tv fanatic sleeping or awake, I get to listen on my walkman. He is not a great music lover, sad to say.

Hi Slavika; Aloha. So glad to hear of your wonderful time, and I'd like to be able to walk 31/2 miles myself. How great.

Hi Lily, Karen, Peggy. Hope all is well with you gals. I'm going to share my success or lack thereof after Sat. weigh-in.

Ann
Old 01-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #14  

Trudy You asked if I missed working for Weight Watchers. You know I loved my job as a leader and I loved all of the many lady's and men who were members of the meeting I was incharge of. But I really don't miss all the winter driving I used to have to do and the paper work and the room full of WW products. If I could do all the funstuff and leave the yukky stuff to someone else it wouldn't be bad.

Slavika loveed the story about you GD. Both kids will be having a blast when they get there I'm sure. Glad your DH is doing well. Are you walking with him????

Ann I don't look at the photo books and many boxes of pictures right now when I do I go to a dark place where I'm not a happy person. I guess because I do miss my family more than I like to admit. Right now it's best if i don't go there. Just stay in my happy place. Glad it has warmed up a bit around here . If the weather men are right I may go to the pool tomorrow.

I hope maria is having a good time camping.

I just have to finish varnishing the last of the checker for the one board and I am finally done with both of them. I started them in Oct. But then was gone for a month. Now I can start my recipe box.

Am doing wash today so best get back to it.

Talk to you all soon.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #15  
Fun Blonde

Trudy, I am not brave, just vain. And I work with somewhat younger women. No matter. You should see me right now--for a vain person this is nothing but painful. All my immediate people know what is going on, but those who walk in from off the street must leave feeling so sorry for that awful looking women.

Karen, regarding looking at the pictures. I can so identify with that. I certainly know about the dark place. There are some doors I cannot open. And I am usually just so happy. I told my sons that facing our time of life takes some fortitutde. Just have to concentrate on TODAY. Aren't you happy about never driving in that winter again? Right now I would love to see a little winter weather. We still are having summer-spring and no rain in sight. Our poor firefighters!

Trudy, your little MC sounds like a wonderful baby. Is your DD planning on taking off the entire year. I think Canada has the right idea about maternity leave.

Lily, what else do we not know about you, besides being such a seasoned traveler and a computer whiz who wants a cement yard? Just kidding!

Well, Ann, by the time I return on Monday you will know whether the core program was a success. I have had some success with the program. I have not lost much in forever. Something happened to my brain back in December when I got sick. I can't drink pop like I used to. In fact, I enjoy water. I have been concentrating on my eating, walking a lot, and drinking my water. I lost 5 pounds. Maybe there really is something about drinking water.
Glenda
Closed Thread