Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 03:35 PM   #1  

Default Hi all

Hi all...I'm new here as well. so nice to how others handle their blood sugar! It also goes to show how differently our bodies react to different foods.
I'm down from 315 to 191.5 currently, and my body is using insulin so much more efficiently! At my highest weight I would inject 50 u of 70/30 in the morning, with a FBS of 200 or more...and by dinner time I would take 50 more u. No control, because I would only eat right for short periods of time before I would throw in the towel, and become non-compliant, once again. I was also taking 1000 mg of metformin at breakfast, and the same dosage at dinner. But...what can I expect, what with no exercise, and not eating healthy foods?
Now, at 191.5, I am only using 5 u of 70/30 before breakfast, and the same before my evening meal. The metformin has also been cut in half, just one 500 mg tablet before breakfast and the evening meal.
Regarding the carbs, that is what my diet is based on. I tend to use a lot of them. Without them, I can bottom out too quickly. Protein is my least eaten thing. With microalbuminaria, I am being careful of protein, and getting what I do eat in soy-form. Balancing all this with my compulsive overeating/binging is a major battle...but I feel I am making progress. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

315/191.5/160
Old 07-10-2001, 06:32 PM   #2  

Default Just saying "hi"

I don't deal with blood sugar but I am impressed with your weight loss and just wanted to stop in and say "way to go". You will love this site and sure to find others in similiar situations to yours. Welcome, congratulations and good luck.

[email protected]
256/206/156
Closed Thread