Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday Chat - January 10th

Good Morning,

How are you all today

SOSDD, working like a mad woman

Whats shakin ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

me too leenie - working like a mad woman - year end paperwork everywhere

but I got up early and did 3 miles of Leslie's Super Challenge. I only did 3 bec that was all the time I had.

Gotta run - but wanted to check in and see how everybody is doing today?

hugs,
Cathy

January Miles = 15
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #3  

Morning

Off to get a root canal.......the only way I get a day off.....ugh!

Otherwise all is well.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #4  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Morning Ladies. Things have just been nuts here the last few days. My 2 1/2 yo DS had an evaluation yesterday with a woman from the Infant Services program because he doesn't talk yet and the pediatrition has concerns (as do we). Well he has several developmental delays it appears. They are going to call me to set up a second evaluation. The same lady will be there but so will a speech therapist and a couple of others. It will be more in depth and then we will set up a plan to help him. They are recommending that he start Special Education Preschool in the fall so after all the evals. are done they are going to try and set that up with the school. I cried so hard yesterday afternoon ( away from the kids) because I didn't realize that he was that far behind in any areas other than speech and i am afraid of what this means for him. Also that means that I will have all the kids in school 2 years before I thought. My oldest will be in 5th next year and my middle DD will start kindergarden and I thought I'd have DS home with me for another 2 years but now it doesn't look like it and that upsets me. I don't know what I'll do with no kids here all day. I am so emotional right now that half the time I don't know which end is up. Needless to say I only slept maybe 45 min last night and so I'm exausted on top of everything which doesn't help. Eating plan went out the window last night and I smoked a cig. so I am really beating myself up today over that. At least I stopped at 1 though, at least that's what I keep telling my self. This morning I bought a 1 liter soda and it's already gone and I ate a cheeseburger for lunch so today is already shaping up to be a bad day for staying OP cause if I eat more than a salad for dinner I'm over on cal. and fat. and I haven't exercised in 2 days so I really need a kick in the rump right now, and I can't seem to lift my leg high enough to do it myself.
Anyway enough ranting, I hope everyone is doing ok today.

Leenie and Cathy- I'm sorry ya'll have so much work to do. Maybe it'll calm down a little for ya'll soon. Cathy WTG!! 3 miles! Great job!

Liz- Sorry you have to have a root canal. I am too much of a baby for that. I had a choice a couple of months ago, root canal or get the tooth pulled. I got it pulled! I hope it doesn't hurt too bad.

Well I'm off. I have to change the kids' sheets and do some laundry. Talk to ya'll later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #5  

Hey there! My name is Erin and I'm new to the boards. I've been here for about a week. I'm wicked glad that there is a support group for this issue!
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #6  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies,

I've been lurking around but not posting very much. Work has gotten pretty busy and that is mostly where I check these boards. Hope everyone's doing great
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #7  

First of all those of you that work........what do you do?

Hi Blues, hi Erin.

Hi TimmyShawn sorry you are having a rough time.....it doesn't sound like one cigarette, one liter of pop, one cheese burger and two days without exercise is going to destroy all your hard work. Hang in there.

Sorry about the rough time you are having regarding your son's speech. I went through some similar issues with my son and it can be quite heart breaking. I know when I had a bit of empty nest with my kids I got busy volunteering at school, it helped a lot.

Cathy and Leens don't work so hard.

I survived my rootcanal today. Three hours with my mouth wide open, drills, freezing etc. I hated every minute of it. Pulling my tooth didn't seem to be an option. I think they like me to keep my teeth so they can charge me thousands of dollars per tooth!

Hugs everyone

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #8  

Hey ya'll

I'm another newbie. I found this site when I was doing research on a weight loss product that sounded too good to be true. Turns out it was. Glad I didn't waste any money. Anyway, I'm glad that this particular board is pretty active. I was diagnosed with depression about 10 1/2 years ago after the birth of my second child. But like many folks, mine wasn't true post-partum depression. I've been experiencing depression for most of my adult life, just didn't know it.

So here I am 10 years later with an extra 30 pounds, from a little bit of everything; meds, hormones,stress, in-activity, pregnancy, Dr.Pepper, chocolate ice cream, the list goes on. I know all of you can relate.

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Sandy. I have 4 kids and I teach pre-school part-time. Been married 17 years, home on "maternity leave" for ten of those, until this past fall. As a family we are very active in our church (mostly music stuff), and for the past three years I have been practicing Christian yoga, and teaching it for about a year and a half.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community.
flagmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #9  

Default Hi All

Hi Everyone,

I joined 3fatchicks last night after having found the site years ago! I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression 5 years ago but in hindsight we figure I have had it since I was probably 11 or 12 years old (when puberty hit). I also have a pituitary tumour that plays havoc with my hormones which was diagnosed when I was 21 (oh, did I mention I am 41!). About a year ago I was also diagnosed with a mild anxiety disorder...... thank goodness something about me was mild!

Heather, my son started junior kindergarten when he was 2 1/2 because he has cerebral palsy...... it was one of the best things we ever did. He blossomed and got the help that he needed (and it didn't hurt that I got the break!). It is tough to come to grips with the fact that your child isn't hitting the milestones that they shouldn't be (including speech) and you are going to have your pity moments --- so have them and then move on. Don't beat yourself up over them.

Over the course of my marriage (since ended) I put on a total of probably 160 lbs --- and I am only aiming at losing 130 of it! But between my meds, my lack of excercise, the doctors orders to fatten my son up (which means daily ice cream for him!) I am finding it slow going. Hopefully with the help of this site I might find it a bit easer (or at least have someone to ***** to who understands!).

Good luck everyone!

Susan.
zsuzsu64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about your son, but thrilled that there is professional care for him. My neighbor had her son in therapy when he was about 3. He is 5 years old now and boy does that kid talk. I remember my nephew not speaking a word until he was about 5. Once he got into school he got speach therapy and now he's 25 and doesn't shut up Don't give up sweetie.

ARIAN !!!! I'm glad your here. Can't wait to get to know you.

Flagmama, its so nice to meet you. I think thats awsome that you teach yoga, I'd love to be more flexable but my body doesn't think its a good idea LOLOL !!! This is a wonderful loving group. We can all relate to what each other is going thru thats for sure.

Susan I'm so glad you decided to post here. This is a great group and you can certainly rant and rave here we all do. I have not been diagnosed with anxiety disorder but I know I have it. I have been diagnosed in the past with depression, and get this... ADHD. I think they balance eachother out the depression keeps my adhd down and my adhd keeps me from not being depressed all the time... STRANGE EH~ But I do have anxiety issues.

Can't wait to chat more with you all.

Liz... hope your feeling okay today with that tooth. Usually the next day is when you can feel it.

Miles girl, come out and play. We miss you.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote