General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #1  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Question Feel fatter some days?

Hi everyone -

Just wondering if any of you ever feel like this - today I weighed less, exercised, ate within my plan, but feel fatter! I tried on some of my old clothes and although they were loose, I can't remember exactly how tight they were, so now I'm thinking, "I'm not that much different! I'm still about the same!" So now I feel fatter today than usual. Dang it!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #2  
playin' for keeps

Absolutely! Here's the thing to remember: Days when you feel like this have very little to do with the junk in your trunk, and more to do with the junk in your head.

My friend calls them fat head days. I think it's your brain adjusting to the change in your body. For me, they get less frequent as I get smaller, but I don't think they ever go away altogether.

I suppose we should remember that the next time we want to thump a skinny person for saying she feels fat, huh?

Hang in there - your brain will get back in line in no time.

cheers!
paula
Old 01-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Lol, I like that.......fat head days. I tend to get "fat head days" on holidays and days of big (or little) events. Those tend to also be the "I have nothing nice to wear" days as well. It happens (but it does make one feel like cr*p and ugly, even though it is all in one's head).
Old 01-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #4  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I have those days, too . They're usually totally random, with absolutely NOTHING "external" causing me to feel fat. I think it happens on days when I'm tired or stressed and thinking negatively anyway....but I do REALLY feel "fatter" on those days.

It's bizarre, really.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #5  

Could also be some occasional H2O retention.....we women have to deal with one **** of a hormone roller coaster!
Even when I was at my happy weight, I could fluctuate 7-8 lbs from one day to the next! I also noticed that the day after a heavy duty weight session, I would be a little bloated for a day. Someone told me that when muscles are in repair mode (building) they take on water to help the job.
Closed Thread