Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #1  
If at first you don't...

Default New Beginnings

Good morning everyone. I am new to the forums and would like to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I am a 48 years old, single woman. I tried WW's back in 2003 with great success (lost 100 lbs) but somehow lost my focus and managed to regain all the weight plus 10 more pounds. In the meantime I have been diagnosed with Graves Disease which is a disease of the thyroid. In 99.9% of the people that have Graves Disease one of the main symptions is weigh loss - I fell in the .1% that either doesn't have that symptom at all or else they gain weight. As of January 1st, 2006 I have restarted the WW program. Day 1 was hard, but I made it. On to day 2!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Positive Attitudes go a long way

Keep up the positive attitude and you will get there!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #3  

Hi Melissa,
I need to lose 154.5 pounds. I have been over weight forever! I am 39 years old and I have done weight watchers before. I don't know why I gave up before, because I was losing weight. Now I've gained everything back and am back at 322.5 again. I guess mentally I wasn't ready for it before. But, it bothers me not to be able to do things with my husband and my 14 year old son and 13 year old daughter. I've just joined this website today and hope to get some support and give some support along the way.

Lisa
Old 01-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #4  
If at first you don't...

DeafinlySmart - thanks! I'm going to do my best!!

Lisa - It's hard not to look back at the what if's but today is a new day and we need to look forward. I don't have any children myself - heck, I don't even have the husband , but you owe it to yourself to get as healthy as possible so that you can enjoy every minute you can with them. Let's get busy getting healthy!! If I can help you in any way, I'll try to be here to support you in your weight loss journey!!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #5  
Lucyee

Hi everyone, I have fallen off the WW program, this year. The year before, I did great and lost 23 lbs. This year was a tough one for me, emotionally and all way round. I am having a lot of trouble with my legs and joints, I know losing the weight won't cure it, but I am sure it will help me. Looking for as much support, as I can get. Thanks everyone. Lucy
Old 01-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #6  
valelys

Red face

I'm back on program again after many, many starts. I'm determined to stay on program and try not to obsess about the pounds. If I'm eating on program, it will be a healthier lifestyle for me and I'll be better off than I would be "doin' what I've been doin'.

Looking for a way to keep motivated. Thanks,

Old 01-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #7  

Melissa!
I have Grave's disease too! I thought I was the only person with a hyperactive thyroid who was fat!!!! What type of medication/therapy are you doing?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #8  
If at first you don't...

Quote:
I have Grave's disease too! I thought I was the only person with a hyperactive thyroid who was fat!!!! What type of medication/therapy are you doing?
My doctor is starting me out with Methimazole - I have to take it for another 2 months. At that point I'm going to have the tests done again and if this isn't helping control it then he will switch meds. I may be being optimistic, but my heart has slowed way down since I've been taking the medication so I'm hoping it is doing the trick. But if necessary I'll get the 'ol thyroid zapped or removed.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #9  

I am on propananol for my heart, but nothing else right now. My doc wants to zap and I am against it. What are your feelings?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #10  
If at first you don't...

Zapping will be my last resort. But even if it comes down to that, I'm going to make sure I try every medication out there before I agree to it. I hate hospitals!
Old 01-24-2006, 10:32 PM   #11  

me too! my doc is really pushing the radioactive treatment
Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #12  
If at first you don't...

It's still a ways off as far as I'm concerned, but I think that if the medications just won't work I think I'd rather just have my thyroid removed. But I worry about that when and if I have to.
Closed Thread