Old 12-30-2005, 06:42 PM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking anyone interested in an encouragement circle? (snail mail style)

basically we just get everyone's snail mail that is interested and periodically you throw an encouragement note or goodie in the mail

anyone interested?

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:23 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

This is kind of a cool idea......sure
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #3  
it's always something

I'm sure you all have thought of this, but I feel that I have to say something anyway. If you put together a snail mail support group, you will be giving your home address to virtual strangers on the internet. You may put your personal safety at risk. We've had a few bad situations on our forum where members pretended to be someone or something that they were not. If you choose to do this, please make sure you share your addresses only by PM or email, and only give it to the members you feel comfortable with and have known a long time, even though that's no guarantee. I used to work for an ISP and heard a lot of horror stories.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:52 PM   #4  
Livin' la Vida Low Carb!

I'm willing to try it...You all seem trustworthy....
iloveadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #5  
Livin' la Vida Low Carb!

awesome advise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
I'm sure you all have thought of this, but I feel that I have to say something anyway. If you put together a snail mail support group, you will be giving your home address to virtual strangers on the internet. You may put your personal safety at risk. We've had a few bad situations on our forum where members pretended to be someone or something that they were not. If you choose to do this, please make sure you share your addresses only by PM or email, and only give it to the members you feel comfortable with and have known a long time, even though that's no guarantee. I used to work for an ISP and heard a lot of horror stories.
iloveadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:02 AM   #6  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC

ok, no prob, was just thinking how fun the card swap was...will let thread die now
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #7  
Taaa Daaa!

Awwwwww I wanna do it!!!! I say do it at your own risk. There are some of you whom I know and some who I dont. I say get a list of a people who want to join and let each person send their address to whomever they want at their own discretion. This way if you are not comfortable with someone on the list, then you dont have to give them your info until you want to.

Anyone else? Cmooooooooooon it'll be fun!!! I promise never to send chocolate

Last edited by Tuuurtlemama; 01-07-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote