View Poll Results: Do you believe God can help you lose weight?
yes 28 96.55%
no 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 AM   #1  

Default Watch God Help you lose weight!!!

Okay anyone saying that losing weight is hard is an understatement but I do have something for you all to try...now before you go and say "ahhh just one more diet plan that will fail"-here me out

This menu that I'm about to give you has been the help of me losing 40 lbs in under 3 months (20 lbs in 1 month and 1 week). It is designed to help you burn FAT and boost your metabolism...now I realize that it may be like other popular diets except this one doesn't need to come with a book- it's just something you do...

Now realistically you will lose 0.5-2 pounds a week if you don't exercise while on this menu (because 80% of your weightloss success or failure is determined by your eating habits 10% goes to exercise)
If you exercise for at least an hour you will lose 2-5 pounds per week. The first week (if you exercise) you will lose alot of weight mine was 8 lbs.

SO here it is with all its simplicity:
Prayer is number one and spending the number of minutes of your age in spending time with God (i.e. I'm 23 yrs old so I will spend 23 minutes of each early morning with God) (this will of course increase to an all day affair as you draw closer to God and learn to rely on Him for help thru all things) this will help many of you with weightloss because all weight struggle is is really a spiritual struggle and once you get that together- everything will fall in place and with the help of The HOly SPirit--temptations that come wont be so tempting..even during this holiday season. WIll power won't work because you are relying on your own strength but God's power will work if you let it!

MENU Sunday-Friday
Breakfast:1 protein meat (example:3 egg whites,or 2 turkey bacon/sausage (no shakes allowed!!!) & 1 fruit

Snack: 1 fruit
Lunch: 1 protein, veggies, large salad (or 1 cup brown rice instead of salad)
Snack: Fruit
Dinner: 1 protein, veggies, large salad (sweet potato, or plan potato twice a week but not back to back days)
snack: fruit

Drink 1 gallon of water a day and for those of you who are just sick of water drink at least 8 cups + 1 cup per 25 pounds overweight you are. VERY IMPORTANT think of it has God cleaning His Temple (which is your body) making it Holy enough for Him to dwell in...

Saturdays you follow the plan up until dinner you can have whatever you want (free day) but it can not be fried and do not go over board... you can switch Saturday with Sunday this holiday season.

NOte to those of you who are perfectionistic like me...if you do fall make sure that you don't fall between breakfast and the snack before dinner because if you mess up after that your body will recover itsself b/c you ate correctly for half the day and assuming you spent time with God--he will spare you...but you must not mess up everyday....it may be a struggle for a little bit but God will see you thru don't let the enemy (be it satan, or your "friend" or family memeber who don't want to see you change for the good) mess you up!!! B/c they will try--everyday until you know that you know that you know God is the solution to all things!

Don't count calories and the only time requirement is that you eat every 2-3 hours and stop eating 1.5 or more hours before you go to bed.

Because I know this works if you work it...please post your success stories.
but don't forget the spiritual part is the most important-- if you don't do it you won't keep the weight off.... and if you've done all this and still haven't lost weight then you can curse me out and never try a diet ever again!!!
~Mochahontas
Any questions email me at [email protected]

Last edited by Mochahontas; 12-20-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

OK, I'll try it. The menu sounds pretty logical anyway. A variety of protein, fruit and veggies with only a little bit of complex carbs. Lots of water, and eating every 2 - 3 hours. I have no problem with keeping in touch with God, but I think I'll start off talking to him while I am on my treadmill in the morning. Exercise is a very important part of losing and maintaining weight. Also, our hearts need it. I am usually by myself in the morning for at least 30 to 40 minutes. This gives me ample time to pray and meditate. I like to talk to God like he is in the room with me. I will keep you posted.
Closed Thread