Old 12-18-2005, 10:33 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~December 18th~~

Good Morning Everyone!

Can you believe that Christmas is only one week away? Wow! We do Hanukkah as well so yesterday I got all of the Christmas/Hanukkah stuff wrapped and under the tree. Yep, even the Hanukkah stuff is under there!

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've had in awhile. First off, my baby fell down the stairs and there was nothing I could do to help. Ugh. I tried to grab his feet and nothing. He did a little pirouette and went down on his back, head first. Then he crashed into the wall in the bend. Ugh, Ugh, Ugh. He was fine, it didn't even leave a mark. I screamed during the entired trip and scared DH to death. Good. I was scared too. Now Alex goes around saying "Hold on, no fall down stairs".

Then I had an eye doctor appt. So we go to the mall (of all places! It was horribly crowded) and my appt was at another Sears Optical!! I'd gotten the wrong number from information . Since we were at the mall anyway, we decided to go to the bookstore. Where Alex proceeds to throw up all over a kids book display. I felt so bad for him! He spent the rest of the evening throwing up. I hate when he is sick. He gets so scared every time he throws up. And there's nothing you can do to help except hold him! He seems to be OK today. He's had a light breakfast and some pedialyte.

Well, sorry for the novel! I hope y'all are having a much better weekend! We were supposed to go into the city today to see the display windows and the tree but nixed it.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Oh Karen, that's scary. Glad he's OK though. Would that be the basement stairs? Poor little guy. Hope he's feeling better today. Do you think it's possible that the throwing up was like an "aftershock" of the fall? I remember I went bowling once and my foot went over the foul line and I fell and whacked my elbow (enough to go to the hospital!) Anyway, I got up and was sitting there and all of a sudden, I just threw up! I mean, I felt like I was gonna, and I couldn't move, because I felt like if I did, I would. Not that you needed all those details...

I think I'm done with my Christmas shopping for the boys. DH still hasn't told me what he wants. I'm all set with my grab bag gift for tomorrow's desset party at work. I have to make or buy something for that though. I was gonna make a pumpkin pie, but I don't know if I'll have time. I may just go to the store later and buy something if I run out of time. We're getting my mom a new thermostat, that's what she asked for. And we have to get something for niece on DH's side. That's it.

Going to try and remember to weigh in tomorrow AM, I forgot this AM. I'm hoping for a loss, considering I haven't eaten much this week due to being sick (sinus infection).

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, How horrible for Alex!!! Poor Little Guy! I agree with him, "no fall down stairs".

Well all I have to buy for is my mom, every time that I have gone out, she has been with me. That really doesn't work well, ya know?

Well that is all I have for now. Later
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:11 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!
Today is my baby's 3rd birthday!! Wow..it was 3 yrs ago at this time that we were already at the hospital!! Time does fly away!!On a sad note, I would have had one turning 1 also..oh well..gotta move on from all that.....
Ok..parties are starting so it is time to generate the will power...K had a birthday on Saturday and I am giving her one today and then her real one is at ChuckECheese in January..I had to call it off saturday cuz of the rain and the cold front, mother in law(ok,,same as the cold front) , SD#2 at home etc etc...I just had my brother and kids home..I did give her the 48 inch Barney though..OMG....she loves that big thing!!! He is comming in concert and we could have had front row seats, but I was afraid she would be on stage with him and I couldnt manage her that close since she is sooooo in love with him..
Karen--THank goodness the little one is ok...God gives them that extra flexability and hard head to protect them!!(ok..I was not politically correct but who cares)
HELLO to all!!!
OFF to work!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:05 AM   #5  
LBH

RR, good to see you! I knew today was something important when I woke up and just couldn't place what...DUH!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLEE!!!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #6  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Karen - I am glad to hear that Alex is alright, that is one of the scariest things, watching your child tumble down the stairs

Lauren - Hope you are feeling better and the sinus infection is long gone

RR - HAPPY BIRTHDAY K

Is everyone ready for the holidays ? I am ... well ALMOST LOL I have a few more things to pick up, but need to wait until the next paycheck comes in ... talk about waiting until the last minute !! (at least most of the bills are paid for the month ) I am just happy to report that we are all healthy now ... all 5 of us had a NASTY case of the flu

Hope you all have a great holiday !

If you are interested ... if you hit my avatar you can see our new family photo

Last edited by Mom_of_3_Monsters; 12-19-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #7  

Hello all! Well I finally finished that last paper at 12:45 this morning. It's only due at noon.

I have one more person to shop for then I will be done. The other week I won a 50 lb. bag of salt that I have to go pick up today. It sure would have come in handy earlier, however I was stuck inside doing homework. - yuck!

I am officially off for a month. What to do, what to do.

Well I need to go turn in this paper, so I will talk to ya'll later.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:37 AM   #8  
Norissa on LAWL

Lisa - CONGRATULATIONS !!! Enjoy your much deserved break !!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #9  
LBH

Norissa, you are beautiful and you have a beautiful family! Glad you're all feeling better now! I am feeling a ton better, thanks! That ZMax is good stuff, even if it did give me awful gas bubbles that first night! Just have the annoying "tickle" in the throat now.

Lisa, WOOHOO!!!! Enjoy your time off!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:10 AM   #10  
Norissa on LAWL

Thanks Lauren !! Its actually I picture of myself that I like ... which is a miracle in itself ! Glad that you are feeling better ... I also have that nagging tickle cough stuff going on and its driving me crazy !
Old 12-20-2005, 09:38 AM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello all,

Alex shared his lovely stomach bug with DH and I. Wasn't that generous of him. I'm still dragging. Hopefully I will be back to normal by tomorrow. This is one of those times I do not enjoy being Mom. DH got to go off and be sick by himself, but I still had to take care of Alex. Poor child got cheese and goldfish crackers for dinner last night. I'm such a good mom!

RR: I hope Kaylee had an awesome birthday. I can't believe the kids are turning 3 already! Alex has been going through a growth spurt lately and he's grown 2 inches and put on 3 pounds! BTW, we finally got the last box in the mail. It went out on Saturday. Not sure when it should make it to you (DH mailed it).

Lisa: Have a wonderful vacation! I'm sure you will be able to find something to keep you busy.

Norissa: Beautiful!!! You have an awesome family.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #12  
Norissa on LAWL

Karen - Thanks ... I am pretty fond of my bunch Oh and I feel your pain with being sick and having kids ... we went through that 2 weeks ago ... all 5 of us came down with the stomach flu ...but actually since DH was "ahead" of me and feeling better sooner, he really did step up and help me. (this time ) But why is it that DH's can be sick and we take care of them, but us Mom's still have to be "mom" while we are sick ?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:01 PM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Momof3--Exactly...we were talking about that at work..Men are soooooo weak!!!!
WE had a great party even with the rain!!!Nice pic !!!!
I am going nuts with MIL...I doubt if I will make it another week without moving out...OMG!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #14  

Woo Hoo! Today has been a good day, I finished my Christmas Shopping and got it all wrapped. I was able to check online and find out my grades, and out of all my classes the lowest grade was a B-. This is for all five classes this semseter. I even got an A in one of them. I am sooooo excited.

Hope everyone is prepared for the upcoming holidays, no matter what you celebrate. Remember eat in moderation. That is my new thing, at least through New Years, then its kick my butt into motion.

Lisa P.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:53 AM   #15  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Awesome Lisa!! Good for you!

I am done shopping. Just have to wrap now. Woo Hoo!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote