South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:55 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Here's To Tuesday!!

Thank goodness yesterday is over, chickadees! I haven't had such a terrible day in who-knows-how long.

I was up until 4am finishing my map, then spent another hour and a half working on the justification for my design. Then I was too exhausted to see straight, and I went to bed (having seen DH out the door by this time). I slept for about on hour when DS woke me up,fussing to get up (he almost certainly wanted to come snuggle in the big, warm bed with his big, warm mommy rather than stay in his crib alone in the chilly dark). So I went to change him, and while I was changing him, I suddenly felt hot and nauseated, and then felt myself starting to black out. I knelt down and tipped my head forward and that revived me a little, although I still felt ill. But just as I was fastening the velcro tapes on his diaper, I felt myself going again. I tried to get down and lean forward again, but evidently I failed - the next thing I remember, I was waking up in a semi-sitting position on the floor, leaning against something hard that hurt my back and shoulders. I just plum passed right out! As I came 'round, I looked up, and there was DS, laying on his changing table, eyes big as saucers just staring at me down there on the floor. Poor little guy! I'm glad he didn't roll off or anything while I was out. I can't have been out long at all, or he probably would have.

After that, I felt terribly weak, and wobbly, and queasy, so I put DS back in his crib (where he would stay safe in case I passed out again), and I slept until his daycare lady called, wondering where he was. I explained what happened, slept a bit more, then got up and fed and dressed DS and took him to daycare (fortunately only a few blocks away - I didn't dare drive farther). I got in touch with my science teacher and got permission to turn in my final project today (so I didn't have to drive the 30-odd miles to campus) and got some more sleep. Then I had to take my Britlit final last night, but I was still not altogether with it. Because of that, I don't feel I did as well as I could have. Then to top it off, something kept screwing up with the submission and I wasn't sure if it got submitted okay or not! Much later, I got an email (in response to my frantic email letting the teacher know something was messing up) saying everything was fine and the test had been deposited in her inbox with all the answers present and accounted for.

So - I'm all done! DH has today off, and he will drive me to the campus to drop off my project, sell my old textbooks, and buy my new ones. And that is it for the quarter!

I still have no idea why I passed out, though. Exhaustion? I just have no idea. While I hadn't been eating OP, I had at least been eating real food (mostly) so I don't think it was low blood sugar. I'm not pregnant. I don't tend to have low blood pressure. So I don't know what it was.

At least my sprained ankle is feeling better!

Here's to a better day, and the start of winter break! And to sleep!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:30 AM   #2  

I'd get checked out by a doctor if I were you. Could be serious. I hope you're feeling better. I'm just browsing the breakfast ideas, in case I can do better than mushroom omlette for breakfast.

DD is teething, as is being the biggest nightmare on the planet, I've had 5 hours sleep, and now she just cries and screams whatever you do. It's really upsetting as there's nothing I can do. Poor mite is desperately tired, but won't sleep, just keeps up this grate-across-your-nerves whinging.

Still, I have a house full of junk to sort out and ebay, so that should keep me busy. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning - late morning for Oberon. You two sweeties sound just exhausted! I had a pretty sleepless night but know I can crawl back for a nap later.

We are truly into winter but need more snow to make it perfect. It's very cold this morning and the fire in the woodstove in the back room didn't keep the kitchen warm. I need to start loading it up more before I go to bed because I sure hate wearing a jacket over my robe when I make coffee. The oil furnace takes a while to get the kitchen warm.

Today I need to make some decisions about Christmas. Dinner is not a problem as I will be having it at the nursing home with Harry but I must decide whether or not to have my after Church party on Christmas Eve. Everyone just assumes it will happen as it's been happening for 20 years but this is a difficult year. I have decided I cannot do Christmas shopping - it'll be online or cheques for the family this year.

Hmmmm - mushroom omelet might be an option for my breakfast.

What's going on in your part of the shore today?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning all! I expected to wake up to several inches of snow, but we only had less than an inch. Last night driving home was a little dicey, though.

H-ko: I hope you'll see a dr. if your symptoms continue. It may be just from exhaustion, but you never know!

Oberon: Welcome! Speaking of exhaustion, you poor girls, I can remember those days, it seemed at the time they were never-ending. Can you give the little one some Tylenol for the pain? Probably at this point you've tried everything. Hope those teeth break through soon!

Ruth: Don't worry too much about Christmas. There is nothing wrong with shopping online. Your friends and family realize that you cannot get out and about easily right now, and besides, it's not the gift that counts. Maybe you can enlist some young members of the church to help out with the Christmas Eve dinner? I know my granddaughter's youth group often is involved in helping out others with parties and such.

My W & M wasn't too bad yesterday. I'm to try to just maintain my weight through the holidays, then start back to to dieting in January. She said if we keep denying ourselves over the holidays, we'll most likely end up binging. That would describe me! So I'm going to take her advise. Gotta go for now!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

I'm already feeling better. I promised DH yesterday that if it came back, I'd see a dr. Thanks for your concern! I ate some chicken noodle soup before sleeping yesterday afternoon (not at all OP, but it was the only thing I felt I could keep down), then had some dinner after my final. I'm eating some leftovers now. The food and rest seem to be doing the trick, so I think it really was just exhaustion. I've really had a tremendous load the past couple of weeks, what with DS and tons and tons of schoolwork, and holidays and birthdays and everything all heaped on in a massive dogpile. I got a little more sleep tonight, but I seem to be well rested, and I just can't get back to sleep! I'll probably start to lose momentum around the time we need to be getting DS up and ready to go to daycare, natch.

Oberon - how old is your DD? Which teeth? I know what you mean - DS (now going on 2) was a real bear when he was teething, and he wasn't even half as bad as his cousins! The first molars were probably the worst, although there was one time when he had 3 teeth come in all at the same time - that was bad, too. He usually would have a slight fever when it was at its worst, so we'd give him infant's Tylenol drops to help with the pain and the fever - it seemed to make a difference.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #6  

Alyx is 10 months. She has the first front bottom eeth, but the way she's grizzling, and chewing everything it must be teeth. She pushes everything to the back right, so I think there's something coming through there. She won't let you check though. I don't give her anything apart from a cool chewy baby thingy, not a fan of medication for everything. Shes so tired, poor thing but just won't sleep. Hubby's zonked out on teh sofa, so I've put her in her cot to play whilst I'm in and out of her room with laundry, tidying etc.

The worst bit is the exhaustion. I run my own craft shop, and we're in a real busy time, plus the lady who works for me is 20 weeks pregnant, so is having a lot of time off. I've just come off doing 6 day weeks serving in the shop, then of course you've paperwork, accounts, stock ordering, housework and baby to think about. She had started sleeping through, but the selfish cow of a neighbour has decided that 6am is a good time to get up, and that wakes baby up. She's also taken up the keyboard, and plays lounge music very badly ALL DAY!!!. Argh!

But I really have to look at the positives. The DD teeth trouble won't last forever, no-one died from not dusting the house every day and I already lost 2 lbs. All in all it balances out.

Hope everyone else's day goes okay!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #7  
Who needs sleep?

Our kids have the same name (more or less) - mine's Alex. I don't know what sorts of teething toys you have there, though I assume you have pretty similar things to what we have. I found that chilling one of those sterile-water-filled teething rings and giving that to DS helped a lot, and he really liked the textured, rubbery teeething toys, too. I only gave him the Tylenol when he was feverish, not as a regular thing. I don't like dosing him for every little thing, either. But I also don't want him to suffer needlessly, so it's been a challenge finding what feels like the right balance of health vs comfort. I don't feel like I can apply the same criteria as I use for myself, since with fevers (for example), a fever that could be harmful to him wouldn't be to me, so I can get away with no meds or dr. for things that I don't think I'd want to ignore with him.

Hopefully your DD will feel better soon - it seems to hurt less and less each time (til the molars come in at least). I hope you get a break soon, too!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good morning everyone! I'm kind of new to this forum, for those of you who don't know me yet...

I'm Christina. I'm a 27-year-old newlywed grad student, and I live in Florida with my husband and cat. Very exciting stuff...

H-Ko - I hope you feel better soon! There's nothing like chicken soup, though...

Oberon - Best of luck with the eBaying today and with your DD. Sorry about the neighbor and the lounge music. I had one of those once upon a time, and their idea of a reasonable hour was 3 am. Whatever!

Ruth - good luck with all the Christmas plans! BTW, online shopping is wonderful. I'm only sorry I didn't discover it sooner!

As for me, it's not feeling like winter yet. But the fact that I'm in Central FL might explain it. Somehow I don't expect to be seeing a white Christmas. I have 2 1/2 more weeks of school until I can take off and just enjoy a few days of holiday time. There's a lot to do though. I'm applying to law school for next fall, and trying to finish up a big chemistry project. Fun, fun! All while making sure I stay on the beach. Can't complain too much though. Life is good! Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin, chicks! A quick hello and then I'm off to start my day. I leave Friday to CA for a whole month!! Can't wait!!! But as usual I'm starting to get sad about leaving my furbabies for so long. It's bittersweet since I get to be with my bf but not my babies! Oh well, 11 more months and then all this will be over for good! My map project is due Thrusday and then I'm done with school for an entire month!!! Well, I do have to do some data analysis for my thesis over the break but hey, I get to do it in my bf's house in So. CA so can't complain too much! Have a great day, chickies!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies!

Well, I had some hot cocoa made with low fat milk and splenda this morning. What a yummy way to start a winter day. I am really sore from all the exercise that I have been getting. At least, I know it is working.

I have enlisted my DH to help me with dinner last night again. Why didn't I think of it sooner. I can do the prep work and leave him directions and I have a hot meal when I get home! I don't know how often he will do it for me, but him seemed pleased with himself. B/n that and taking advantage of my crockpot, I see no reason why I can't keep up my exercise class pace.

I feel a bit bloated this morning. I will be stopping my progesterone on Sunday to allow for TOM. So, I may just be PMSing. I have sore breasts too! PLEASE LET THAT BE WHY I FEEL THIS WAY!

Well, gotta get to work!

Oh.. H-ko, I spend a lot of time alone with my DS especially when he was younger (He's 3 now). That was one of my worst fears. What if something happens to me? It gives me a flashback of that part in the movie Steel Magnolias where Julia Roberts character collapsed. I'm glad you are feeling better!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:06 AM   #11  

GOOOOOD GRAVY!!!! What's Going ON???? Fainting Spells, Teething pain, SORE BOOBIES????BLOATING???COLD KITCHENS!!!!!... !!!!!!!!

HKO: U best take care of yerself darlin...and yes get checked if this happens again!!!!!

Ruth: do what you can darlin...folks will understand-- hmmm that after church party is no doubt looked forward to..maybe enlist some help... or maybe this year you go on hiatus...
Oberon: something icey cold for DD teefers??

Crk05 Iyou'll find lots of support and sharing here!!!

Pearsedew: You must be soooooooooo excited!!!! A whole month in loverly CALLLIFORN_I_A!!!!!! Try n check in and tell us all about it! Whose watchin Percey and Alfred???

Cottage: That's what I'm hoping fer..just maintain this month...

Djett:Keep yer eye on gettin that BINGO!!!

Day 2 down... We hit the gym fer 6 am and did upper body exercises..IT felt soo good to work these batwings...Today I have to clean this Crack house!! It is in such disarray and dust bunnies are organizing a take over!!!

Today Cottage Cheese and Tomato juice..... Dinner: I think Cola Chicken...

Later dahlinks! I must arm myself with Feather duster and Smite these bunnies!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'8

Talking

Hello I am a 27/f who lost about 30lbs my first time around on the beach. I got pretty sick over the summer with a kindney stone and have gained about 16 pounds back. I am starting over!. I work in the mall which doesn't help and am a nursing student so I am always on the run. I need ideas for snacks on the go, I usually eat nuts, cheese and suasages(mini cocktail kind). I also need some recipe ideas that are easy and fast. I love to excercise but like everyone else its hard to get motivated when there is so little time, especially retail at christmas time! I need a buddy to keep on me and make sure I a stay on track. School can be stressful and I eat when I am stressed or bored. Once I am on track I am on which is good but when it comes to not easing back into old habits that I struggle. I am very exited about this site, its so awesome and free! I hope you guys can welcome me with open arms and give me lots of ideas and support and I will offer the same! I have a long journey ahead and I am in a wedding in July and want to look hot in my dress!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #13  
Kyemom

Hello Girls!!! This is a quick one for me this morning...But, I have good news...I am down the 2 pounds that I had put back on!!!! I am ready to keep on moving down now!!! Hope everyone has a better day than it seems like you all are starting with!!!!!

Kathy
Old 12-06-2005, 11:17 AM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The snows have stoped and we land up with 4 " out of the 10+ they promised us. YIPEEEEEEE!!!

Its going to be a lazy day as I'm not going out in this mess.Got my Christmas cards done now I have to insert the shorts notes for people that I don't see everyday and let them l know what I'm up to.

Heather-Your axhaused with all the projects and late nights your were doing. If it continues I suggest,like all the other ladies is to get to the doctors.PLEASE Take Care of yourself you have a small child that depends on this mommy.

Oberon-Poor DD, she in pain,I suggest putting ice cold teething ring,or like we did years ago put whiskey on the gums. I know the focil is dating herself. My DD use to take her baby DD out in the car sometime,around midnight and driving all round the blockseveral times,and somehow they motion of the car rocked her to sleep.

Ruth-I agree with the ladies,and there nothing more I can think of other what they have posted already.

Cottage- very good advice. I think I going follow in the same suit.

CRK-Good luck in law school.

Pearshape -have a wonderful time in California, I loved visiting on the Pacific Coast. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy 2006 New Year.

djette-Happy to hear your DH is helping with the dinners,leave the spice cabinet locked and you'll be ok.

Schatzi- Your doing great with your exercising,remember cleaning dust & bunny is exercsing too.

Hildy-Kidney stones I had them years & years ago and they HURT. Oh dear working at the Mall at this time of year,that not good. We have a excellent section on this board where you can find lots of snacks,along with good recipes.

Kathy- Big Congrats on your 2 lbs loss.

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 12-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #15  

beachbum- LOL! I made sure to tell him not to spice it up. If he wanted spice he could add it after the fact.
Closed Thread