Alternachicks - Alternachic DECEMBER Chat!

View Full Version : Alternachic DECEMBER Chat!

ajandpj99
12-04-2005, 09:29 AM
:carrot:

Hey Ladies! I realized yesterday as I was posting that we didnt have a new chat thread started yet for December. So here it is.

Happy Sunday everybody!

:D

dentrassi
12-04-2005, 11:04 PM
HAPPY DECEMBER!!

Had to chime in on the "Why are you so fat?!?" thread...

:fr: :tantrum: :bomb: :headache: :yikes: :stars: :sumo:

ALL THE BETTER TO KICK YOUR BUTT!!!

WHY do people act so ignorant/mean? They MAY mean well, but they just make it harder.

squeaker
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Welcome Sine! Sorry about the conversation with your MIL. Even if it is meant well, it isn't very nice - unless you actually solicit the advice.

I hate when people give me advice about my weight. I know I am overweight and I actually know how to fix it. I just haven't for various reasons. I know eating donuts will make me bigger. *duh* I just like the little suckers. But I am working on it.

Not much new to report. Just trying to have a quiet day at work. Going out for dinner with my family later, which I do intend on enjoying. I plan on finishing my Christmas shopping this week. And get the presents I am making done by next week! One I have been working on for over 3 years. :p It was suppose to be done not long after my nephew was born. It may really be finished soon.

Have a wonderful day Chicks!

MaggieShines
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Ack... holiday shopping! I started out good by picking up a few things the night before Thanksgiving but then I got cocky and now all of a sudden it's so close! My daughter poses a special challenge this year. She's living in Georiga, on a nine-month volunteer stint with Habitat for Humanity. She'll be home for Christmas, but she really won't be able to take a lot of stuff back with her, since she's flying. I got her a camera, which she asked for. And I might get her some other little things like some cheap jewelry (she loves it), but beyond that I don't want to saddle her with a bunch of stuff she won't be home to use. I was thinking I would just start sending her gifts a day at a time once she gets back down there. She'd get a kick out of that. She doesn't know it, but I found a box of 500 Glo-Sticks for a ridiculously cheap-o price on an online auction site and am going to send them to her. She'll be giddy with excitement over that! :)

Tani
12-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I've had to pare down my gift knitting because I'm running out of time too. If I can just finish the socks for my Dad and crank out a few more chenille washcloths I'll be happy. Of course I still don't know when/where & with who we're doing Solstice this year. Man have I let the end of the year get away from me!

sine nomine
12-05-2005, 08:12 PM
tani, you knit? i just re-started a couple of months ago. i'm nowhere near as good as my friend (one friend won the best of show in knitting at the virginia state fair -- i don't even want her to see anything i knit).

maggie -- wow, i admire your daughter. habitat is a great organization. the idea of sending her cool stuff on a regular basis is really nifty.

everyone: thanks for letting me know that i wasn't weird to be embarrassed and a little angry at her. it does really suck when people give unsolicited weight-loss advice. it's not like they go around saying "wow, you have terrible acne! here's what you should do." or maybe they do. you can't underestimate how clueless humans can be.

mauvaisroux
12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Whew! Lot's to catch up on here. I've been a bit scarce as I've been really busy at work this past couple of weeks and then just coming home and crashing out after dinner.

Speaking of unsolicited advice - I once had a boss at a clothing store I worked at tell me in front of the other staff that I needed to lose some weight! I must have turned beet red! :o

I think I was too shocked to say anything and she was old enough to be my grandma so I was too polite too. The ridiculous thing about it was that she was bigger than me and her daughter was twice my size! Hmmph! :mad:

Goddess Jessica
12-09-2005, 07:51 PM
it's not like they go around saying "wow, you have terrible acne! here's what you should do." or maybe they do. you can't underestimate how clueless humans can be.

I was blessed with absolutely beautiful skin. My sister was blessed with a perfect figure and absolutely terrible skin. One day, I picked her up at Home Depot (where she works) and she was crying. Apparently, she was helping a customer and they looked at her intently as if they were contemplating her recommendations for paint then the customer said, "You know, my husband's sister has a wonderful dermatologist that helped her clear up her acne. I should give you her name." Amanda was floored. She said it took everything in her not to burst out into tears right then. I said, "I know exactly how you feel." Which brought on a new set of tears and she said, "How could you?! You have perfect skin." I told her I get weightloss advice everyday and she was flabbergasted. She couldn't believe that people would give me advice about my weight. Amazing, isn't it?

Tani
12-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Oh man Jessica, people are just clueless all over aren't they!? The mind wobbles.

Sine nomine, I'm a knitting evangelist :D I'm always trying to get other people to pick it up. My current convert in progress is my Mom. ;)

lizziness
12-10-2005, 11:14 PM
having worked at call centers the past going on three years, I've learned a few things about how rude people can be. They don't care! I had one guy tell me he didn't know how my husband could stand the sound of my voice. first off, assuming i'm married, secondly insulting me. All I could think of to say was "I don't know either, sir" what else could I say that wouldn't get me fired? *LOL*

I have had people hit on me, I've had mutliple people tell me I should work for a 900 line because my voice is so pleasant (ew), I've had people demand to speak to a man because I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about, and I even had one nutter tell me I was going against god and had already been judged by him and was going to ****. *LOL* (I'm so not counting the many times I've been cursed at, called names, been told I'm stupid, etc).
But then, you get some amazing people, on the flipside I've had people send me thank you cards, gift certificates, and gifts just for helping them. I guess there's all different kinds of people out there... it's just hard to find the good ones.*LOL*
I like to say I'm a freak magnet. I appear to be approachable, I guess. Non threatening or something. People in stores that I'm shopping in always ask me for help- I so don't work there, leave me alone! :)

On the upside, christmas is coming, most of my shopping is done, I'm happy to be giving my best friend a big surprise this year for xmas and i'm pretty well organized for hosting the huge family get together for my hubby's family. Even already ordered my main dishes (so not cooking!)

Goddess Jessica
12-12-2005, 03:06 AM
People in stores that I'm shopping in always ask me for help- I so don't work there, leave me alone! :)

I made the mistake of wearing a red shirt and khakis to Target once. I wasn't even paying attention until one woman (who obviously had been chasing me around the store trying to get my attention) said, "Well, are you on break or just an idiot who is ignoring me?" I said, "Excuse me? I don't work here." and she replied, "Oh, you have some nerve pretending to work here." and stormed off. L-U-N-A-T-I-C.

Tani
12-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Jessica, :lol:!! I've had people mistake me for a store employee before, especially when I was younger. It seemed to happen when I had my wallet in a pocket rather than carrying a purse. I've never had anyone accuse me of trying to impersonate an employee though! That's hilarious.

I had a really nice weekend. I got quite a few people crossed off my holiday shopping list and found that slinky New Years dress I'd been wanting. (at 60% off even, w00t) I even posted a picture of it over in Success Stories, teehee.

dentrassi
12-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Too funny!!! I've had people think I work at different stores too. Mostly people "borrow" my hubby to reach stuff off the top shelf at the grocery store! I find him quite handy for that too!!! (I'm 4' 11")

ajandpj99
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Den - I get that alot at my grocery store - I am 5'10" and this store is basically a big werehouse with really tall racks. So every little old ladie and man in a wheelchair or under 5'5" will be standing there staring up at what they want and as I walk by I know they want to ask and some do and some I have to offer - but it is so funny to me when I reach whatever it was without standing on my tip toes.

I don't mind it too much. No one ever accused me of impersinating an employee before though. I have had people ask if I work there and I say no but I bet I can help you since I shop here all the time.

I would die if someone followed me around and then confronted me - I might just have to whirl around and say "where do you get off stalking me? Huh? Maybe I should call security - you deranged Target shopper you":D

mauvaisroux
12-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Jessica - :rofl: what a weirdo!

I usually get asked questions in department store - I guess because I am dressed up they think I work there. The sad thing is that I usually can tell them where to find the item they are looking for :lol:

peacock 2
12-13-2005, 05:03 AM
I loved Ajand's reply for Jessica! Great! I bet you are chuffed now Jessica that you had your own personal stalker ...but you let her go!!! Run after her!

Going back to backhanded compliments I have only had the one (that I can remember). I was in Spain with a friend and this women and her husband started talking to us and said I had lovely eyes and would look even better if I lost weight. The dilemma here is... Should I have said it would take plastic surgery for her nose and close set eyes to look any good?!

She was one of those flash Essex cows who think if they have gold jewellry everywhere they automatically look good. Ew! Her hubbie was one ugly dog too.

I just smiled (I was tipsy) and looked at her nose.

dentrassi
12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
AJ-FUNNY!! I like the idea of tracking the "stalker" down!! By the way...imagine what I'll be like as a little old lady! My grandmother was only up to my shoulder when she died!!

Mauvais-You fashion queen you!! I'm always a SLOB, so I wonder why they stop me?!?

Peacock-Don't you love it?!? It is always the most flawed people who make comments like that. I always feel like saying, "I can always lose weight, but you'll never GET a personality!"

mauvaisroux
12-13-2005, 05:40 PM
The Fashion Maven thing comes from working in retail clothing stores for 10 years - I feel like I can't be seen in public slobbed out :o - then of course, that would be the one time I would run into someone I know or an ex-boyfriend and be totally embarrassed :rofl:

ajandpj99
12-13-2005, 05:55 PM
I dont think people pay attention to what you are wearing - they are lost and confused in a great big new store and you seem to not be lost so they assume you must work here or at least can shove them in the right direction.

I remember when I was a waitress I wore a dress one day that was a bit clingly but hardly gross looking when this *****y old women first tells me how bad it looks on me - ok she is short and wide and critiquing my outfit. Then after running my *** off waiting on her and being just as pleasant as one can be after being insulted from the get go - then she comes up to pay and is all snooty and tells me, "you know, it is so obvious that you dont like your job, maybe you try something else" Excuse me but no matter how much I like my job or not I am alway smiling and happy so where the **** did she get that? I think I said some thing like - "well, I used to like my job" and was thinking "before I met you, you hateful cow!":devil:

Then back when I only thought I was fat and so wasnt - I worked at Wards and had a lady ask me when I was due - I said oh about 15 years. She was embarrassed :o and I laughed it off trying to figure out why she thought the tiny pooch I had was any indication of motherhood - must have been the Laura Ashley ruffle around the waist that did it. LOL

I moved to a small town where noone over 20 wears makeup unless it is a special occasion and bras are optional. My kinda town!:D

Tani
12-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh AJ, you're giving me retail **** flashbacks!!

The little old men who would pinch my butt in the bakery when I'd reach over the window display to get something from them, and the middle aged women who called me honey and talked to me like I was a toddler. Oy.

peacock 2
12-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Yeah we have all had crap jobs at some time or another I think. I can laugh now but hated my training scheme of supposedly going all round a Department Store training. In reality - I spent my time on the toy counter - Kids! Great! and their parents! Super Great! and Menswear - ugh. Mostly old smelly men coming in or boyfriends showing off in front of their giggly girlfriends who have only come in to put down the trainee.

Fond memories indeed....

mauvaisroux
12-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Nice :rolleyes:

ajandpj99
12-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Well on a happier note...I changed my avatar - time to get into the holiday spirit - yes we are slow, but I dont have kids and not going to be with the big family and DH probably working on Christmas so I am just not in the mood - trying to be - I usually love to decorate but I have so much to do it is like why bother?

Oh well - getting better. We did get our ornament for this year - 16th Christmas together - this year is a carousel horse that looks just like one of the horse we got this spring so that is cool.

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

dentrassi
12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
LOVE the reindeer!! I'm not in the holiday spirit AT ALL. Had to buy shoes for my son and hem tuxedo pants for a concert, today I'm shopping for ingredients for his "French Food Day" dish, which we'll cook tonight. ETC. ETC. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO THE STUFF I NEED TO DO!!

On a brighter note...DH officially has tenure! AHHH, job security....those of you who have heard me ***** about money and lack of job opportunities KNOW how great this is!! Still have a million things around the house that need fixing, but we are actually (one at a time) in a position to be able to start FIXING them!!! I told hubby that my evil scheme (marrying him for the $$$) may actually start paying off in a few more years!!!

hannah_phi
12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Woo Hoo! Tenure! :carrot:

mauvaisroux
12-15-2005, 02:28 PM
That's great news Den! :dancer:

ajandpj99
12-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Congrats Den! That is super! Nothing like knowing it is ok to spend money since more coming in.

I am a miser myself.

We got the tree in the house last night and the lights on it and the star. It just clears the ceiling - these wild trees are great since so sprawly - I will take a pic after it is decorated and upload to myspace.com then give you all my profile address. Then you will really get to know me.

Of course I am a tad careful what I post on that site - I think I must be schitzophrenic as I have friends that know certain things and other friends that know other stuff and then there is the fact that my bosses daughter is on that site and I dont need her repeating things to daddy - if you get my drift.

Anywho- -Hi all!

You notice the food confessions kinda petered out? probably too much to confess or we are all being extra good? Yeah right!

squeaker
12-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Congrats Den & DH! :carrot:

dentrassi
12-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Dear All,
Now that I'm done with a pot of :coffee: , I wanted to :write: how :sunny: your good wishes made me feel.
A big :hug: to all of you, and :cheers: for this :tree: or :stardav: or :newyear: or assorted other holidays and :workout: .

:goodvibes: and :coffee2: ,

Clark

ajandpj99
12-18-2005, 01:29 PM
What a sweetie you have Den! My DH wouldn't know a smiley if I duct taped it to his head LOL!!

Goddess Jessica
12-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Awwww... Clark is damn cute (and congrats on tenure).

I love the reponse to my stalker. I think I was too confused to respond but if it happens again.... well, if it happens again I will surely wonder how I can turn off the freak beacon.

I start my new work schedule tomorrow 7am-2pm. It should be interesting since 7AM is a ridiculously early hour. But I'm going to be biking to work again (woo hoo!) so hopefully it won't be too bad. Sunrise is at 6:46 AM and I'll leave the house around 6:30 AM so I'm a little nervous about biking in the dark. I have all the lights but I still feel a little weird.

Tani
12-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Jessica, I've been biking in the dark for a few months now. I got to adjust to it gradually though as the season changed, so that was nice. I highly recommend a *good* headlight. I started out with a cheap one from target that was pretty useless, but then got a really nice one on clearance at a bike shop. Wow, what a difference! It's almost as bright as a car headlight.

I've also got a day glow yellow windbreaker that makes me feel a lot safer.

It's crazy the amount of people I see biking and jogging ninja like around here with no lights or reflective tape or anything.

ajandpj99
12-18-2005, 11:00 PM
You know Jess, I was just looking at your pic and thinking that if you roam around target with that big smile on your face it is no wonder you attract the lost and deranged.

I remember now working at the mall and while on duty at my store you smile and nod at every idiot you pass, but then when I would go on break out in the mall I would forget and smile and nod at all the random freaks wandering in the mall - I was always making eye contact and catching myself - good way to get stalked for real.

Those of us that worked in retail in the past need a stint at the DMV to deprogram our drive to serve. LOL.

mauvaisroux
12-21-2005, 11:13 AM
So is everyone ready for the holidays yet? I'm almost there - just a bit more grocery shopping for the fresh fruit and veggies etc. and some wrapping to do :)

I'm really looking forward to spending time with family and friends :goodvibes

ajandpj99
12-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Not ready - but better since started vacation today! Yeah!

Food shopping done but I have to go out today and finish up hubby, stocking stuffers etc. Just us this year so pretty low key.

Tani
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Strangely, I'm pretty much ready! I need to make a batch of rum balls today, to bring over to the folks this weekend. Other than that I'm golden. Well, I wanted to clean up my deck for a Solstice fire tonight, but since it's been pouring rain for 4 days and doesn't look like it's giong to let up any time soon, I think it's going to be an inside celebration tonight :)

lizziness
12-21-2005, 05:33 PM
i'm ready too. got my presents wrapped, cookies baked, groceries purchased. just gotta chop veggies for roasting, make mashed potatatoes, and remember to thaw out the roast and ham (i'm so taking help from honey baked ham this year).
only think that's not prepared is me, mentally, for pain with inlaws. *LOL*

ajandpj99
12-22-2005, 03:39 PM
I am done, bought, wrapped, stuffed - save cooking but "when you are a lady of leisure, cooking is a diversion, sigh...."*fay raye? more dramatic the better*

Allen is bringing home choc chips so I can make cookies = havent made choc chip cookies in ages and ages.

Did I tell you guys about the tree falling over? I hate to repeat so let me know if I didnt.

Just about to head up to the cabin for a couple hrs while I flea bomb this house and what is worse is that we are having a warm front - it has been 50-65 for a week, every since the snow hit Portland, we have been nice and warm - Sunday yeah it was Sun - it was 28 when I got up sun and it was 55 when I went to bed - freaky. All week it was warmer when I got up at 6 than it was at noon and then it would warm up again at night - I think the humidity was greater at night with clouds and fog so it was like a wetsuit full of warm body water. Sheeesh what an analogy. Anyway the fleas come out when its warm and pour little dot has such bad skin that they just attack her - I swear she bathes more than me - JK!

Goddess Jessica
12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Hello all!

Well, I came down with a mild flu on Sunday and have been laid up in bed a lot since. Luckily, the worse is over and I am on the mend.

Thanks for the compliment, ajandpj. Yes, I definately walk around smiling a lot. It can be HIGHlarious. Old men fall in love with me at restaurants. I know I open myself up to crazy future stalkers. However, I once read an article about a guy who threw himself off the golden gate bridge. His psychologist went to the apartment with the family and he had taped to the mirror, "If one person smiles at me on the way there, I won't do it." It devestated the psychologist. And it made me think about how simple it is to just smile at someone.

I am not done with my christmas shopping. I was debating what to get the cute boyfriend. It was either a frying pan (he has an all-clad obsession) or a GPS. I think I've decided neither. :) I'm going to make my own art print. I'm going to take one of the black & white pictures I took on our trip to Europe (there are about 10 rolls to choose from) and blow it up and have it framed for the house. He loved the trip and loved the pictures but we never took the time to frame any of the pictures. I'm going to Giant Photo today. The size I want (poster size) cost $72.00! Any then there is the framing!
I'm deciding between:
*windmill in the Cotswolds
*artsy shot of the Eiffel Tower (one leg, very contrasty)
*artsy shot of the London Eye
*castle turret

I think the windmill might win because it has a sweet story attached. Our worst day in England. We were in Stratford (birthplace of Shakespeare). Someone slammed my fingers in the car door, the Cute Boyfriend and I fought, got lost, etc. And then at the end of the day, I realized after finishing a roll of pictures that I had not actually LOADED film into the camera. I cried and cried. The Cute Boyfriend convinced our hosts to make a special trip in the opposite direction to photograph the windmill (I was obsessed with the windmill).

I hope the printers can accomodate such a last minute idea!

Tani
12-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Jessica, Did the Windmill win? Enquiring minds 'n all of that :) What a great idea for a present btw, I'm sure he's going to Love it!

I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend. I don't really celebrate Christmas, except that my parents do, so I kind of do by default, which always feels a bit weird. I'm am looking forward to brunch Mimosas by the fire tomorrow, though ;)

lizziness
12-24-2005, 02:46 PM
ooh, mimosas.. what a great way to deal with the family. i am so drinking tomorrow! *LOL*
i am kinda in the same boat as you tani, i don't celebrate the christian form of christmas, but in my case i just love the whole holiday time and figure a lot of the traditions my family celebrates are pagan based anyway so i just go with it. i did once have a big party for the solstice and the whole family came it was great.
anyway, i am ready. all presents wrapped but the ones i'm getting (the boys did decide they would wrap those ones themselves. *LOL*). I'm down to the chore of making mashed potatoes and slicing a pre-cooked ham. Woohoo. This may be the best holiday spent with the evil that is the in laws.
I'm at work til 6 today which is kind of a bummer, but that's okay. i never really understood why the day before a holiday should be a holiday too. oh well. :)

Happy whateveryoucelebrate day! :)

squeaker
12-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Have a wonderful Holiday weekend! :hug: :rudolph: :dreidel: :gift2: :snowglo:

dentrassi
12-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Hope your holidays have been, are, and will be wonderful!!!

Clark thanks you all for your good wishes, and YES, he is a sweetie-pie!

Jessica-glad to hear you are feeling better.

mauvaisroux
12-26-2005, 01:35 AM
HAPPY YULE EVERYONE!:snowglo:

Hope everyone is having fun with their families and friends :)

We had a great party last night and a quiet dinner with my parents this evening.

We had a traditional roast beef dinner with all the trimmmings and Yorkshire Pudding (the puds turned out great especially since this is only the 2nd time I have ever made them so I am quite pleased with myself :D )

My mum made trifle and we finished off the evening with deep discussions over a glass of Scotch :xcheer:

Tomorrow we are having some friends over for turkey and a gift exchange, Tuesday we visit DH's family and then Wednesday we are hosting a video game night with some other friends. Hmmm..maybe I will just sleep through New Year's :faint: :lol:

So what did everyone else do?

ajandpj99
12-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a safe and happy holiday. :hug:

Allen and I had very nice and quiet holiday yesterday. We had a small wind storm Sat nite so we woke up to a few downed trees and debris everywhere but nothing tragic. :dizzy:

After I got the turkey in the oven we went for a walk and fed the animals and checked out the storm damage. Then we went up to the road to chat with a neighbor that was clearing a tree that blocked the road. :p

My dinner was ready at noon (necessary to give Allen time to eat it all before leaving for work today - trucker on road for 3). We had turkey, stuffing, veggies, yams and I made a blueberry pie and choc chip cookies. :devil:

After we ate we took a short nap and then took the horse for a long walk and gave them a Christmas Brushing.

I made calls to all the family in Portland and the 2 of us just relaxed together.

It was really great that he had been off since my vacation started on Wed so we had 5 days together. And we definately made the most of it. *wink*

Many Blessings to everyone from whichever source you prefer to be blessed by if at all. :D

Goddess Jessica
12-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi Chicas,

My Christmas was great. Does anyone remember me this time last year? I have a HARD time with Christmas because I hate the holiday. But the Cute Boyfriend loves it. So I've been doing my best to make the most of it. This year I did a pretty good job. We made a duck (our tradition) and had our Christmas Eve Tiki bash. We also do mimosas! How funny.

I got a lot of great gifts. Including a kitchen table! Okay, not yet. CB is smart enough not to try to pick out the kitchen table by himself. :) We went shopping for one last night. We found two I loved so I want to mull it over for awhile.

Okay, inquiring minds. Here's a pic of which print he got for Christmas!

Tani
12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
The windmill picture is beautiful! yay!

Our mimosas were yummy and I didn't get in a fight with my sister's boyfriend. I'm calling it a successful holiday ;)

I have a funny fruitcake story. My grandmother makes fruitcake for all her kids every year. Actually it's Australian wedding cake, but similar deal. It's high proof and very yummy. Well this year one of my uncles ate all of his early, and asked her for the recipe so he could make some more before xmas... she wouldn't give it to him. This is only funny because she gave the recipe to my mom (her daughter in law) like 5 years ago. It was all my mom could do her keep a straight face as my uncle told her the story on the phone. She's now on cloud nine from being worthy of the recipe ;)

Punkinseed
12-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Figures, I just re-commit, saying "I'm gonna be here darn it" and then I disappear. :rolleyes: I'm not typically this flighty, really!

So happy to hear you all had nice a Yule/Christmas! Ours was quiet, the first without my stepfather, but it wasn't quite as emotional as I thought it would be. We had a slew of people over and were so busy it just flew by. Yule was beautiful, had tons of candles burning and a huge dinner, followed by hours of talking and laughing. Need to do that more often, I think it's good for the soul.

Looking forward to my birthday next Wednesday, I don't feel like I can jump whole heartedly back on the wagon until ALL the nasty food is out of the house (almost gone). My girlfriend, her husband, my mom and I are all heading to Weight Watchers together! Should be, ahem, fun.

Just gotta deal with stress now. My best friend in CA went into labor on Christmas morning (water broke, contractions, the whole thing) and she's only 27 weeks pregnant. They got things stopped, but now obviously she'll be in the hospital for, Gods willing, weeks. Little boy's doing just fine though, hanging in there and growing (hopefully). In the sonogram they did in the ER on Christmas he weighed in at a whopping 1 pound 12 ounces.

Otherwise, honestly feeling that next year will be a blessed year. I feel a lot of good things coming in our lives. I hope I'm right!

Terri :newyear:

ajandpj99
01-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Well this is 2006 - and here we are. Hope everyone had a safe and happy ringing in of the new year. :hug:

Now we just need a new thread for chat, exercise and goals. :D

Myself, I get to dissassemble the tree and clean house. I was going to go shopping but there has been so much flooding around here and yesterday our bridge was completely under water - by about 10 inches, but the water levels have dropped, thank fully. Now we just have to worry about erosion and wind.

Whats everyone else doing today?

I should be laying in bed reading watching the trees blow around - since my vacation ends Tues., but I wont.

DH is living at 2 - so maybe this afternoon - we'll see if I get to lay around or not. :devil:

Later chicks!

lizziness
01-01-2006, 01:22 PM
pj -wow, i'm dou\ing about the same thing today. it's not flooding in eugne, but i did wake up earlier than i'd like to the sound of wind whipping around our building and rain pounding down. can't believe all the floods around here, but am grateful it hasn't hit our area. i did the floods in 96 down in california and it was horrible. we had to evacuate the morning of new years day, 1/1/97. every where we went the roads were washed out and we'd have to turn around and try to find some other way to get out. took us about 4 or 5 hours just to get from marysville to sacramento because of the roads, usually takes about 1 hour tops.

anyway, i'm going to put away christmas and clean up the house. my new years eve was uneventful and meh as per usual. fine by me.

Tani
01-01-2006, 01:55 PM
It's rainy and windy here too. I just got back from taking the dog for an hour walk in the sloshiness. No threats of flooding here at least. Cleaning is on my schedule today too. I'm even (hopefully) going to wash the carpets.