South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 05:51 AM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Weekend Wows! (December 3 & 4)

Guten Morgen, chickadees!

Having slept my requisite 4 hours, I'm up an at 'em! Lots to do this weekend, as I have my Britlit final coming up and my science final project to finish. Plus it's our anniversary, so we'll be doing something for that (although we don't know what yet). DH has a test due by this evening, too, so I'll be heading out to run an errand or three so he can get that done without DS interrupting him. Then we have an appointment with a vacuum in the late afternoon (one we may be buying from a craigslist post). Other than those and doing something for our anniversary, I'll probably spend most of the weekend finishing that project. So I probably won't be around much this weekend!

Have a terrifically wondiferous wintersome weekend, chicks!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tgitw!

Thank goodness it's the weekend! I just heard on the weather report we're expecting several inches of snow overnight, I hope we get it! I'm running to Curves for my workout, then I need to stop by the supermarket for a few things we'll need for our cookie baking marathon. I think I'll make some chili in the crockpot, so supper will be easy. Enjoy your weekend, chickies!
Old 12-03-2005, 07:53 AM   #3  

Wheeeeee! It's the Weekend!!!!
HKO: U leetle energizer bunny you!!! STOP! Ane enjoy enjoy enjoy your anniversary dahlink!!!!

Cottage ('Theresa" ) Ooooh wouldn't it be wonderful to be snowed in, snuggle and stay warm..and hmmm did someone say cookies???? one of my biggest weaknesses...I'm partial to male choco chip and thumbprint cookies...make a batch for me... ok, try to make mine SB friendly with Splenda ha ha!

We got our tree yesterday.. the smell of pine is wonderful to wake up to...but I really screwed up the decorating! I forgot to put the garland on before I put the ornaments on... and I was soo tired that it looks Craptacular...so all the ornaments are comin off and it's a Do-over... Then DH and I will head for the Mall to shop for his Bro...Then Lights go up on the house... and ..well the list goes on!

Nice Porterhouse steaks, Green Beans and a salad are on the menu for dinner..
Enjoy your day Everybuddy!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:03 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I survived my busy Friday - lunch went well and I ate pretty much OP. My sister did not bring dinner - she had an earache - so I ate a very light supper. The Girls and I watched The Sweet Hereafter - what a depressing movie!

Heather, I hope your anniversary weekend is going well. You are one busy chick and certainly a sleep minimalist!

Cottage, we have snow predicted for the next four days. Want some?

Schatzi, what the heck is a male choco chip? The mind boggles. Please tell me it was a typo! I've done that goof on my tree in other years - starting over is the only fix.

I am supposed to go to a Thera-Paws doggie Christmas party at noon today but may opt out. The darn knee is back to giving me major grief at night. I think I've become immune to Tylenol3!

Lucy managed to get through yesterday without any major mischief. Having my two male cousins here to play with certainly helped her. Peter is a real dog nut and threw the ball for her a lot. I have decided her naughtiness is from lack of attention and will try to give her one on one more.

The guys brought me some Christmas goodies - a hunk of fruitcake which is now frozen and a Toblerone chocolate bar! Oy! I may take the bar to Church tomorrow morning to share.

Lovely clear sunrise is happening right now. I'll enjoy teh shining day. I hope you have a good weekend on The Beach.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:09 AM   #5  
Who needs sleep?

Yay! 2 hours later, and I'm done commenting on all those essays - 4 comments plus a few responses to classmates' comments in all. So now I'm all done with my writing class, and I can focus on finishing my final project for my science class.

cottage - I love snow! But we hardly ever get more than an few millimeters at our house - we're too close to the Sound. Pretty, sparkly snow!

Schatzi - mmmmmmmm - maybe we'll eat in for our anniversary - that sounds so good! One of the local grocery stores even has T-bones on sale! I'm so looking forward to getting our tree, but it'll have to wait a bit yet. I haven't had time to clean house in ages, and I have to do that first, just to make room! Maybe next weekend.... Take a deeeeeep whiff and think of me, okay?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

Ruth - just missed you! I'm glad your Friday went well! Maybe Lucy is also stressed because she senses you've been in pain? Animals can be awfully sensitive that way, I've found. I'm glad she got some play time in with your cousin! I hadn't noticed the cookie thing, but now that you mention it.... I'm guessing it's supposed to be a malt choco chip, or else...??
Old 12-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #7  

Ruth! Methinks you have done tooo much and do need to baby that knee. elevate it, perhaps some moist heat. So get in that comfy chair with a good book and enjoy yer own company. yes Lucy may be acting out of inattention or perhaps not enough exercise? Fruitcake should be banned. I would use it as a door stop or to block my car wheels.. LOL

Ohhhh ladies, you are killing me!!!! No No , "male" cookies is not a typo...
A Male Cookie

Is A

Cookie with Nuts!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I should have known!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

Oh, DUH!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:32 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Hope you're all nice and warm in your henhouse,it bitter cold & windy up here on the Cape.Our Flag blew away from from our front door,luckily we found it in the garden. Now to find a few things that blew off out deck. The winds are very strong.

How good old fashion oatmeal for breakfast.YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Heather-Happy anniversary and take a few deep breaths while taking in all your busy activities this weekend.

Cottage-My DH is making chili tomorrow night,that wehn the snow is coming our way also. The town is going to have their annual Christmas Parade tomorrow. You wouldn't believe what a large parade they have for a small town. Going to watch it on TV with their local channel. Can't get down there as the T/V cameras are on the end of our street and I swear the whole town gathers there to be on TV for their 15 minutes or fame.

Ruth-Take care of that knee. I guess the weather where you are is cold & damp and that another possiblity why the knee is giving your problems.My DH had microstopic surgery on this knee he take Aleeve. Ask you doctor what else you can do.Sorry to hear your hurting.

Schatzi-You had my mind wondering also, I seen candy mold in thatshape,so thought there was on Cookie mold also. Thanks for the Chicken Cordon Bleu information I have ham & cheese in the frig,so I try to make it on Monday.

djette-Its getting very very fruistating not to be able to break the stall,Exercise I guess is the only way.

Jeane-Big congrats on your 5 lbs weight loss.especially at this time of the year.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-03-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:40 AM   #11  

I'm up at 8 on a Saturday morning as well to begin my weekend o' fun...final papers, online quizzes, etc. Woohoo.

The hardest thing as I sit here with books, laptop, and papers all around me is to ignore the fact that there is a whole package of Christmas double-stuff oreos in the pantry right now...my roommate bought them for me, for who knows what reason. I swear, she just wants me fat.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:42 AM   #12  

Ah, hello ladies!

I usually don't make it to the board on the weekends. But, I am going to be taking it easy today. I went to class last night. When I got back up to collect my son they said they had paged me (you can't hear it in class.) DS was upset and she thought he might need to potty. (He holds his bm's it's a long story.) But, when I picked him up and was still crying. I smelled that smell. You know the smell that I never knew existed that warns of impending vomit. Well, we didn't make it home. The spaghetti o's I fed him before the gym were all over his seat. Bless his heart. Thank goodness we were almost home. I got everthing cleaned up and him calmed down. It was a long night with a lot of clothes and blanket changes for both of us. He is now sleeping. He woke me up at 6:30 wanting to play. The last time I remember looking at the clock it was about 3:00. I got him back to sleep and I got somemore, but I am done. I about to go take a shower. (I know it will make ME feel tons better.) Here's hoping that was the end of it early this morning.

Because DS got sick, I will not be going to a class I had scheduled this morning. I don't know if I will be able to fill my bingo card now. There was very little room to move around the schedule as it was. I still plan on pursuing it. Last night, I learned a valuable lesson. I took the circuit class. Even though it was hard and I was scared to take it. I enjoyed it. It was a lot like personal training in my opinion. You went from one thing to another and he came around and corrected you if your form was wrong and encouraged you if you were slacking. I WILL be taking that one again. It's worthit to try different classes. Just b/c you don't like it by the description doesn't mean that you won't after trying it.

Oh well, off to get my shower.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm still waiting for DD to come, so no cookies have been baked yet They're on their way now, and staying overnight, so we'll bake tomorrow. That should be cozy with the snow! So I tried to do some shopping at Amazon, but when I got to checkout I discovered they don't accept Paypal! DH and I are on a mission to pay off all our credit cards, so charging isn't an option. So all that time spent shopping was a waste. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything today!

Ruth: Snow is in our forecast the next few days, too, so we'll have enough to satisfy me, but thanks anyway.

Schatzi: RE "Theresa" Male cookies, huh. I don't usually like nuts in them, but I'd have to make an exception here!

Djett: Sorry about your little one, the poor thing. Is he feeling better now? I can remember all too well those experiences with my kids.

BB: It was really windy here yesterday, too! Must be the precursor to the snowstorm!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #14  

Hubby and I have been at it in a quiet war of wills but he seems to be coming around to the wiser side, LOL!!!

I broke out in hives this morning and took a bendryl and then I napped but DD kept climbing all over me. I asked her to leave about a hundred times. She then told she just loved me to much to go......brat......conned me and it worked. i did the farmers market til noon. I have a friends daughter for the night. She is a sinlge mom with no family to give her a break. I take her daughter once a year for a weekend. Good kid. We were preggers together.
Sunday School christmas lunch tomorrow and then Avon follow up calls. Mega orders to put in online.
I am clearing tables a wedding in town at 6:30, our church is catering. I cant wait to see dresses etc.

Food has been random. It is the least of my worries this week. No binging but content is not great.
HUGS ladies.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 AM   #15  

Tis a loverly sunday Morn here in Nerth Caroliner! I redid the tree and it came out so pretty, and finished my Christmas Village and stockings all hung by the fire...I finished the wreath for the door.. Nothing too fancy -pointsettas, pine cones and gold and red little Xmas balls.. DH managed to get the lights up BUT we ran 2 strings short! Thankfully Walgreens carried the multicolored "Ice" lights.. Grr I spent like an hour and half looking for bad bulbs that took one strand partially out... How does that happen??? Ya put the lights away..they were workin... ya don't touch em all year.. And then they Don't Work!!What do they do all year up in the attic..throw disco parties??Sheesh!.. So we didn't make it to the mall yesterday... Today DH will finish the lights and we will run out in the MORNING as the Giants go on at 1PM which means DH will plant himself in front of the TV or go to his "waterin hole"... Me ... More crafts today..I'm starting on making a little purse with butterflies on it for the neighbors adorable daughter and a "stained glass" sun catcher /chimes for my MIL...

Have a great day all!!!!!
Closed Thread