General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM   #1  

Default Period and Birth Control questions

Hey all, I have a few questions that maybe someone could answer...

I was on birth control (the patch) for about 6 months. This summer (July) I abruptly went off bc. I had my period, as far as I can remember, regularily after that. I had my period at the end of September, but didn't have it in October. I am definitely not pregnant (I haven't had sex).

A few days ago, when I should have been getting my period, I had very very light bleeding. Not even bleeding, just kind of the discharge, you know like on the last day of your period. For a couple days I've had this, and it isn't there all the time. Like I said, it's very light.

Can I consider this my period?

I would like to start birth control again but I don't know if I can put the patch on this Sunday, as I don't know if I technically had my period.

I usually had my period pretty regularily. I don't know why it's behaving strangely now. Could it be from stopping birth control? I've lost some weight but I don't think it's enough to contribute to period loss, and I don't think my stress is that great.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #2  

It could be going off the bc. That stuff can do some wicked things to your body. I haven't been on birth control for 4 years and my body is still messed up from it. Talk to your doctor just to make sure things are ok he may even perscribe a drug to kick start your cycle.
Closed Thread